Add-on [Paid Work] Photo Contest Script

I don't mind splitting the cost at $64 each.

We just can't release it to the general population though, can we? We could have a few folks that would be willing to pay but may sit on the sidelines hoping to get it for free here on xenForo.com's add-on area. If there is a group of 20 of us at $35 that would be better, of course :D

I think $64 is fair.

I don't mind splitting the cost at $64 each.

We just can't release it to the general population though, can we? We could have a few folks that would be willing to pay but may sit on the sidelines hoping to get it for free here on xenForo.com's add-on area. If there is a group of 20 of us at $35 that would be better, of course :D

No it would not be released to the public, if someone want it, than they can buy it for the same amount we paid and the money that comes in, it would be distributed to whom ever contributed in initially!

By making people pay later .... I hope it would encourage them to sign up right from the get go.
Why should all the people who want to contribute to "Get things done" take all the risk ... and people who just wait get to see the final product and then get it for free !

Please answer this question:

Q: Do you think that it's fair for the 12 people who fund an addon to be able to recoup their costs by charging others who want it later ?

Please LIKE this post if you agree.

I think $64 is fair.
And I think $64 might be a good investment :)
Even though I dont want the Addon.
:)
So maybe I'd "Be In" on it.

Disclaimer: I'm not interested in making money @xenforo.com .... I am thinking of ways to create micro-economies to ensure xenforo has the best developers and users have access to the best plugins at a great price. This is the way forward in making community software all it can be.

I counted 11 people that seems interested, including me. I have a coder that says that he would do it for $700,

One way to solidify this addon (and the interest in it) is to specify exactly what IT is.
Details details and more details.
People are more apt to say ... here is my $64 if they see a clear proposal. And that they can clarify the details.
I suggest you beef up the details.

Other major issues of course: support down the road (what if xF 1.1 breaks it ?).

Hope that helps ... good luck with this plan !!

And I think $64 might be a good investment :)
Even though I dont want the Addon.
:)
So maybe I'd "Be In" on it.

Disclaimer: I'm not interested in making money @xenforo.com .... I am thinking of ways to create micro-economies to ensure xenforo has the best developers and users have access to the best plugins at a great price. This is the way forward in making community software all it can be.

Just to make it clear, I'm NOT here to make money either. I'm just asking for the help because 700$ for a mod right now is out of my league. Although I'm sure the developer would make it very well worth it!

I say re sell it to whom want it, because like you mentioned before, how about if your just standing on the side line? It would not be fair for those who paid.

But if we would have enough people, maybe to drop down the price to 10-15$ each, then heck, why not release a great mod to the whole Xenforo community? It would be like making a contribution/donation to a mod that you like. Then maybe if the developer would like, he can choose to support the mod for some opt-in donations or something ;)

After we pay for the mod and everything is working well, we can simply have 20 "new" people buy in at $35 each (or 10 "new" people at $65) and then we can recoup half or all of the funds before releasing it out to the community for free. Thoughts?

After we pay for the mod and everything is working well, we can simply have 20 "new" people buy in at $35 each (or 10 "new" people at $65) and then we can recoup half or all of the funds before releasing it out to the community for free. Thoughts?

This is a good Idea (y)

Lets see what everyone else think! I'm currently talking to the coder to get more details, and maybe I'll be willing to put out the money for the startup cost and then I can give better details as the project takes place. Like Digital Doctor said..

People are more apt to say ... here is my $64 if they see a clear proposal.

It's also much "Safer" financially, and time wise, to see the finished product and decide if you like it.
That safety should cost a bit of money too.

Some may pay $64 and not get really what they want.
Some could assess the finish product and feel it works for them. Maybe they should pay $80 then.

who cares how much it costs? when it is a great and properly working plugin, I do not care.
Not sure to tell how much I would pay before I see this (or any other) add-on in action.

who cares how much it costs? when it is a great and properly working plugin, I do not care.
Not sure to tell how much I would pay before I see this (or any other) add-on in action.
Lots of people would be price sensitive.

I think this thread is a legitimate method of Getting Addons Done.
But.... it's not optimal.
There are better ways ... no other forum community has tried them ... but I think there are better ways.

I counted 11 people that seems interested, including me. I have a coder that says that he would do it for $700, so it would cost each of us about $64.. If more people would be interest on this, we can all have this mod for a lot cheaper!

Let's say if we gather 20 people to split the cost, the mod would come out to as little as $35 dollars each ;)
I think it's fair game to have the 12 pay $64.

And then the 12 "own" it going forward, and charge people whatever they want !
It's almost like an economy where for some addons, you might "make money" and other times you purchase a developer and no one else buys it ... so you lose money.

Hmm ... interesting.

It all sounds good to me.... We might have to get all twelve into a private conversation and start hashing out the details. Im excited about this! :)

Id be interested in hearing what this potential mod will be capable of as the details come in.. As much as id love to commit $ to this project i just cant until i understand what it will do, opposed to what it should do. Sounds like its could be a perfect solution for my needs.

Top Bottom