Add-on [Paid Work] Photo Contest Script

This sounds very promising, I'd be interested in helping once there are more firm details about what it will do and the maintenance issue.

I think $64 is fair.

No it would not be released to the public, if someone want it, than they can buy it for the same amount we paid and the money that comes in, it would be distributed to whom ever contributed in initially!
Anything to report?

I need a script where I can run a photo contest in my forum.

• The system must run completly automated
  • Only one entrie per user
How should the user upload the images?

Do you need only a "upload page" without categories?
Only new photos uploaded this month or how should this work?

[ot]
I think quite a bit ragtek, since a lot of ppl is on the look out for this.. can't wait :D
I don't think so;)
Many told "i'll send you a donation for your addon/i'll send you a donation if you change ... and ... in this addon..." and then they ask if i'm crazy because i started some weeks later a conversation and asked why they didn't send anything.
[/ot]

Exactly the problem. I suggested before that we have some sort of "bounty" setup where a project gets posted and people contributed to the funds until the target is reached and a developer found. Those funds are held by someone (either on here or one of the trusted add-on sites like xenfans) and then paid on completion of the project.

If no developer is found people can either transfer what they donated to another project or receive a refund.

It'd effectively be an escrow-like system. I remember someone setting up a VB site that did this and was quite successful but I can't remember the name of it.

Exactly the problem. I suggested before that we have some sort of "bounty" setup where a project gets posted and people contributed to the funds until the target is reached and a developer found. Those funds are held by someone (either on here or one of the trusted add-on sites like xenfans) and then paid on completion of the project.

If no developer is found people can either transfer what they donated to another project or receive a refund.

It'd effectively be an escrow-like system. I remember someone setting up a VB site that did this and was quite successful but I can't remember the name of it.
The problem with this is, that nobody garantees that somebody will code this.
Nobody will transfare 100$ to "somebody" (the middleman) and wait months/year that a developer come and take the offer;)
But we're getting offtopic.

B2T: Ajnos started the development of this add-on:)
I fear that the first version will not be exactly what everybody here wants, but it's a begin, and if you know us (and our work) you know that you'll get something great in the near future^^
We've stopped creating add-ons with an bunch of features from begin (because the projects start to be never ending stories^^), instead we're releasing early and often^^

The problem with this is, that nobody guarantees that somebody will code this.
Nobody will transfare 100$ to "somebody" (the middleman) and wait months/year that a developer come and take the offer;)
Xenforo should be the middleman.

Exactly the problem. I suggested before that we have some sort of "bounty" setup where a project gets posted and people contributed to the funds until the target is reached and a developer found. Those funds are held by someone (either on here or one of the trusted add-on sites like xenfans) and then paid on completion of the project. If no developer is found people can either transfer what they donated to another project or receive a refund. It'd effectively be an escrow-like system.
I've thought the same thing many times.
The system would be most effective if Xenforo itself was the middleman.
But I don't think that will happen.
I remember someone setting up a VB site that did this and was quite successful but I can't remember the name of it.
If you remember let me know ... I'd love to see how they set it up.

I think $64 is fair.

No it would not be released to the public, if someone want it, than they can buy it for the same amount we paid and the money that comes in, it would be distributed to whom ever contributed in initially!

Well. Hopefully you'll set up a demo for us to try admin the script.

Top Bottom