Add-on [Paid Work] Photo Contest Script

Every coder ive dealt with doesnt do splitting of costs for mods. They design it for 1 person, charge x amount of dollars and retain ownership of the code. you cant resell it and anyone else that wants it must get it through him.

Well i am just wondering if this project was completed ? Friend is looking for exact same add-on we don't mind paying.

There's a competitions add-on by Chris Deeming/Stuart Wright which works rather well ( I use it) but it's Q&A only - not sure if they intend to extend the features in the future to include other ways to win or run a comp like photos etc but it would be nice.

There's a competitions add-on by Chris Deeming/Stuart Wright which works rather well ( I use it) but it's Q&A only - not sure if they intend to extend the features in the future to include other ways to win or run a comp like photos etc but it would be nice.

Thanks but I am rather looking for something quiet simpler. Like a monthly photo gallery where users can upload and vote on other photos...
Still learning Xenforo, I am pretty new here, but I might try to develop it...

Thanks but I am rather looking for something quiet simpler. Like a monthly photo gallery where users can upload and vote on other photos...
Still learning Xenforo, I am pretty new here, but I might try to develop it...
I see, well I could imagine such an add-on would be useful (especially for sites with a gallery) for fun and to encourage participation. Good luck with the project if you decide to develop it.

For any of you that is still interested on this you can see a working demo on my dev site( http://glaudston.com/dev/photo-contests/ ), unfortunately I don't have a demo account setup, but you can at least see how everything looks.

Xen Photo Contest it's currently on version 0.2.5 and a lot of work has been put into it and there are many things that are still getting implemented. If you you would like to suggest something you can either suggest it here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-photo-contest.2755/ or register at the dev(@Sniper ) site( http://www.hardwareforums.com/?g=xen ) and make suggestion there at the appropriate suggestion forum. Or you may contact me and I forward your suggestion ;)

Below is a complete list of what has been implemented and done so far.

Version 0.2.5 Beta
  • Allow users to post new new entries, even after voting has started (still follows entry deadline rules though)
  • Allow voting to start whenever the author wants e.g. overlap with entry deadline
  • Get rid of Undefined index: error
Version 0.2.4 Beta
  • More great changes by @gldtn
    • More use of icons
    • bxslider integration, can be turned off via style options
    • Visual change to show position after contest is over
  • Minor bug fixed related to another add-on
  • open/closed tabs
  • Pick how you want to order entries
  • Added position $contestEntry.position to identify winners when looping
Version 0.2.2 Beta
  • Mainly design changes by @gldtn
  • Validation added to contest timeline dates
  • Improved widget so you can pick how the contests are ordered
Version 0.2.1 Beta
  • Allow multiple entries per contest (setting)
  • Add entry description (optional)
  • BD widget integration
  • Various minor bug fixes
  • Mini author icon thanks @gldtn
Upgrade Notes: Please delete js/luqman and upload again

Version 0.1.5 Beta
  • Updates to view contest page design
  • New Tab to show entry information on view contest page
  • Fixed alerts not working correctly when contest entry was liked
  • Add support for multiple winners being announced (results in slight change to default thread message template)
  • After contest ends the entries are re-ordered to most likes ... least likes.
Code:
[b]{title}[/b]

{winnersHtml}

[url="{contestUrl}"]View contest entries...[/url]

Version 0.1.4 Beta
  • Add max-with to contest entry view page
  • Fix incorrect date being displayed for voting starts
  • Prevent users from liking entries if contest is closed and they discover the like button URL
Version 0.1.3 Beta
  • Added winners count, lets you define how many winners the contest will have
  • Option to hide contest entry authors
Version 0.1.1 Beta
  • Initial release

Last edited:
Top Bottom