Photo contest addon

Faust

Hi, can anyone recommend me a stable , reliable photo contest addon, which will work automatically on site ? I have one unfortunately the support is so poor that I’m getting pissed off.

You could also create a Suggestion forum and for the contest everyone posts their pic as a thread. Then users comment and vote the pic up or down.

I checked @AndyB addon, seems to be ok, but I would like the design to be improved a bit, the images shows a bit messed.

I use the one by @XFA and my members love it.

I use that one as well, I'm really satisfied with it, but there are some minor issues which my members are complaining, and seems the developer doesn't really focused on improving or working on the addon, or takes weeks to get a reply which makes me to look for other options and alternatives.

I saw your thread and he was replying to it. Your last post said it may be another add-on causing it.

I saw that one too. He said it was a suggestion not a bug and would try to get to it. 🤷‍♂️ In the meantime you can increase the group's data storage and you will not have the issue.

I saw that one too. He said it was a suggestion not a bug and would try to get to it. 🤷‍♂️ In the meantime you can increase the group's data storage and you will not have the issue.

Already did, I don't want to increase it to much as well. Anyway, I will see by end of the month as developer said within 2 weeks which already gone, if there aren't any updates than I need to look further for other options.

He is generally responsive but does get busy from time to time. I had to wait quite a bit for some bugs but that happens on XF too. I think the problem is he gave you a timeline and was not able to honor it.

You could also create a Suggestion forum and for the contest everyone posts their pic as a thread. Then users comment and vote the pic up or down.
For me, I think it will work better as a Question forum type. That way we can maintain it as a single thread per month, with posts voted on, and one post picked as the winner.

I just need 2 things to make it perfect - i) per node phrasing (solution = winner) and can probably do this with a template edit, but wish phrases allowed xF conditionals, ii) requiring posts in a node to have xx minimum images

For me, I think it will work better as a Question forum type. That way we can maintain it as a single thread per month, with posts voted on, and one post picked as the winner.

I just need 2 things to make it perfect - i) per node phrasing (solution = winner) and can probably do this with a template edit, but wish phrases allowed xF conditionals, ii) requiring posts in a node to have xx minimum images

Maybe, but I want it more to work automatically, so I don't have to worry about it.

Maybe, but I want it more to work automatically, so I don't have to worry about it.

Really only needs a thread to be created once a month, and then clicking the winning post at the end of the month.

Top Bottom