• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid Mod] Bookmarks

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
I have added/changed all that has been discussed in this thread but will not email it to everyone just yet as I still have one small issue to resolve in regards to the pagination on the shared/public page.
As I am apparently no longer running a Totalitarian regime here but rather Democratarian one - I have a question to put forward to you all:

QUESTION:
Would you mind losing the pagination on the member bookmark page (public bookmarks) in favour of the display system used by the 'Recent Activity' on that same page?
This will mean that you will not know how many bookmarks the person has at first glance.
I'm not bothered which one you use, however I don't think it's necessary people know how many bookmarks someone else has - since you're bookmarking for your own personal reasons, not for other peoples :D

Using pagination kinda gives the count away :eek:
LOL yeah but the point I was making was.. when you bookmark something you do it for yourself.. not on the offchance someone else searches your profile for a particular bookmark :D

Version 1.0.2 has been emailed to everyone.
In this version you will find a few more options to play with under the Bookmarks options tab in the Admin Control Panel.

Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload all files to their respective folders on your server overwriting the old ones.
  2. Upgrade the addon-Bookmarks.xml
  3. If you have made any CSS changes in regards to the Bookmarks tabs on the user account page, please remove those as this version should display correctly even on fixed width forums.
  4. Have fun bookmarking.

Just installed this on my localhost to play around it with before installing onto my main forum... very impressive stuff Syndol. Hopefully users like it as much... as then I will purchase to install on other forums.

Version 1.0.3
This version fixes the pagination problem on the account and profile pages.
The file has now been emailed to everyone.

Upgrade Instructions: 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3:
1). Upload the file library/Bookmarks/Listener/Hook.php to your server, overwriting the old one
2). Upgrade the addon-Bookmarks.xml

Version 1.0.4
New version already out which means you are either :D or :cry:
The file has now been emailed to everyone.

One small bug was squashed and one new option added:
- Shared/Public bookmarks on the profile page may now be displayed via pagination or via a feed (same way the Recent Activity tab works).
- Due to the now removed bug, it is highly recommended you upgrade the add-on as soon as possible.

Upgrade Instructions:
- Please upload all files to their respective folders in both the 'library' and 'js' folders, overwriting the old ones.
- Upgrade the add-on with bookmarks_104.xml

Thank you.

FYI
In the next version you will have the ability to select which bookmarks you wish to include in the Bookmarks navigation tab (Quick Links).
Also, the bookmarking 'action' will be displayed in the Recent Activity feed.

I want to say thanks to Syndol for this Addon.
Also I want to tell about the very fast and perfect Service. He has also coded me the Importer for the older Bookmarks Addon from Fuhrman in nothing more than an hour.
Great Service and worth every Cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom