• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid Mod] Bookmarks

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the latest sprite?

The earlier versions had some backgrounds, I pointed it out to Kier and he updated it.

One possible solution to the icons is to define an image path and position, much like the current node icons or smilies do.

That way people can use the default sprite, upload their own, or just disable them altogether.

A lot more work for Syndol, but it would satisfy everyone's needs.

Do you have the latest sprite?

The earlier versions had some backgrounds, I pointed it out to Kier and he updated it.

You know. This is a separate matter which I'm not going to get into in this topic. I'll create another thread shortly.

Thanks Syndol, for entertaining the suggestions your doing a bang up job. (y)

Just went the extra.css route and added an additional 2 Icons that I designed ages ago and added them to the xenforo-ui-sprite.png. so they're not pulling off the same images but still pulling off the same sheet. The only trouble with this is the devs at anytime can fill the space with other icons in the future so it's a chance you take unless I increase the size of the spritesheet.

Just an example if anyone wants to add their own icons into the spritesheet and then add the following code into your extra.css. Depending where you place the icons on the sheet you will have to adjust the coordinates to reflect the changes yours may differ pending where you place them.

Code:
.event .content .thread .icon {
    background: url("styles/test/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png") no-repeat scroll -165px -23px transparent !important;
}
.event .content .forum .icon {
    background: url("styles/test/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png") no-repeat scroll -181px -23px transparent !important;
}

bookmarks-icons.webp

Couldn't find the option. In thread view I noticed the bookmark button/link has been shifted to the right hand side is there an option to move it back to it's original placement?

In version 1.0.1:

View attachment 22451
and in 1.0.2 you will also have:

View attachment 22453

Good to hear Syndol.

I just feel the 1.0.1 release was based and developed to an individuals preference when these kind of things should be either be made optional (placements) or not made it through at all (two additional icons) especially as they pull off the same spritesheet. Other add-ons really do fine using their own spritesheets. Another suggestions, to cater for a wider audience it might be best offering up opinions to any of these implementations that are planned therefore getting a better feedback from many of us.

Certainly looking forward to 1.0.2.

I presume you mean me?

Which is not the case at all.
My feedback consisted primarily of issues related to small bugs, alignment and using the outdated individual images, rather than the new sprite.

I do paul.

The two icons are a mistake, not to make it optional was an even bigger one. I won't go into it but the update we got from you earlier in this thread was basically " it's coming along nicely" so to speak. But it's always nice to get additional feedback from others rather than take ones word that it's shaping up nicely.

I agree with Shelley about the images. I don't see the need for them, in all honesty. It just makes the area look cluttered.

The two icons are a mistake
They are the same icons as before, they just come from the sprite now rather than the old individual images.

The reason the issue was noticed is because they were missing during my testing as that old directory has been deleted from the style, because it is no longer used by the base XenForo software.

I suspect many others have done the same, removing defunct images and directories from their styles.

So to release it as it was would have resulted in reports of the images not working.

So it was nothing to do with my personal preference, it was simply to utilise the same images a default installation uses.

All the new additions were based on suggestions in posts in this thread. Brogan was simply kind enough to test it all for me so I will not have to release multiple versions for every little bug/issue.
I am trying to please everyone here which is always a bad idea, but thought I'd try.
Another suggestions, to cater for a wider audience it might be best offering up opinions to any of these implementations that are planned therefore getting a better feedback from many of us.
In theory that sounds great but when everyone wants something else all I can do is insert multiple options.
The post bookmark link that moved to the right is such an option. It was my mistake that I did not default it to the centre as it was before.

Considering I am currently working on all that was discussed here today and 1.0.2 will be available within 24 hours, I do not think it is the end of the world that 1.0.1 is not perfect, heck the whole add-on is not perfect.

Pleasing everyone will never be a good idea!

And stop working so fast, you'll start making the others devs look bad ;)

Version 1.0.0 was supposed to have the icons and the sample image in the first post had them too.
Brogan brought it to my attention that they are not displaying which I now "fixed".
Since many of you do not want them at all I will provide an option.

All the new additions were based on suggestions in posts in this thread. Brogan was simply kind enough to test it all for me so I will not have to release multiple versions for every little bug/issue.
I am trying to please everyone here which is always a bad idea, but thought I'd try.

In theory that sounds great but when everyone wants something else all I can do is insert multiple options.
The post bookmark link that moved to the right is such an option. It was my mistake that I did not default it to the centre as it was before.

Considering I am currently working on all that was discussed here today and 1.0.2 will be available within 24 hours, I do not think it is the end of the world that 1.0.1 is not perfect, heck the whole add-on is not perfect.

I honestly didn't want to say anything Syndol and I apologise if you feel this is coming off as a complaint I know your not going to make everyone happy and these are not digs at you I genuinely think your doing a great job but felt something had to be said in a constructive manner since we're all striving for a cleaner layout which I found you were doing great with, still are apart from those two icons.

There are people here that are more than willing to give you their input and showing support to your efforts and test it for you.

Update:
I have added/changed all that has been discussed in this thread but will not email it to everyone just yet as I still have one small issue to resolve in regards to the pagination on the shared/public page.
As I am apparently no longer running a Totalitarian regime here but rather Democratarian one - I have a question to put forward to you all:

QUESTION:
Would you mind losing the pagination on the member bookmark page (public bookmarks) in favour of the display system used by the 'Recent Activity' on that same page?
This will mean that you will not know how many public bookmarks the person has at first glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom