• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid Mod] Bookmarks

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the options in the ACP reflect the original ones and not the new ones. No options show in User options to set.

Yes, I set to "Yes" these: Use Bookmarks Feature , Bookmark Thread Posts, Bookmark Profile Posts for registered users, and I can't see the Bookmark link in the posts although I have the /account/bookmarks link in the user menu working.

Upon further investigation, it appeared that the upgrade didn't "stick" - bookmarks was still showing as version 1.0... ran the upgrade again and now we're all running with awesomeness again!

Again, this mod is just chock full of awesome sauce :D

Yes, I set to "Yes" these: Use Bookmarks Feature , Bookmark Thread Posts, Bookmark Profile Posts for registered users, and I can't see the Bookmark link in the posts although I have the /account/bookmarks link in the user menu working.

Picture 2.webp
If set to public the link will appear on the right hand side of the post (next to 'Reply') and not in the middle as before.

Hey Syndol,

Just read the "Mechanics" of this, but have a quick question. If a person bookmarks a post within a private forum and makes that bookmark public, can others who do not have permission to see that forums content see the bookmarked thread/post title/snippet shown on the users profile under bookmarks?

I ask as I have medical in confidence sections, so not even a snippet of information should be shown to someone who does not have permission to access, regardless whether the user chooses public or private as a bookmark option or if the snippet length is short or not!

Nice work Syndol. A few issues. I know what the cause is I just don't think an icon is needed to go alongside (left of) "Forum:"

Also, the vertical line? I'm not sure what that is all about it could be because of my custom style but wasn't there before I upgrade.

That said, looking good I just need to explore with this a little further. (y)

bookmark-icon.webp

Ps. I don't think the icons are needed. Infact they cause the data to look erratic and not aligned or looking uniformed.

I experimented removing the icons, just adding this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
.event .content .thread .icon {
display: none;
}

.event .content .forum .icon {
}

.event .content .icon {
width: 0;
margin-right: 0;
}

Not sure which I prefer really, as the icons mimic the new thread entry on the Recent Activity page.

The icons are now coming from the sprite, which probably accounts for the differences you're seeing.

Shelley, not sure why you have that vertical line, however I will add an option as to whether one wishes to use those icons in 1.0.2

I will also add an option to display the bookmark link in posts to the right or left of other links at the same location.
i.e if option is set to 'public', then one can decide if to place it to the left of 'Like' or to the right of 'Reply'.

Small bug from me....

I have enabled a notice on all pages, and due to the problem with the tabs not aligning properly (which you're aware of), I had to add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
/* Move account page Bookmarks tabs to correct position */
.bookmarksPage .tabsPos {
top: 194px !important;
}

That now causes a problem with anything else placed on the page above them.
tabs.webp

Edit: In fact, even without that CSS tweak, the tabs are still in the Notice area, just 3 pixels lower.

I experimented removing the icons, just adding this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
.event .content .thread .icon {
}

.event .content .forum .icon {
}

.event .content .icon {
width: 0;
margin-right: 0;
}

Not sure which I prefer really, as the icons mimic the new thread entry on the Recent Activity page.

The icons are now coming from the sprite, which probably accounts for the differences you're seeing.

Yeah I've been fixing some stuff in the previous release by throwing it in the extra.css. I just honestly don't think the icons convey at all but more importantly it looks untidy. The worst thing is (And I really wish you would have came to me syndol) is we could have created a bookmarks spritesheet if this was 100% of being included and I would have designed some appropriate imagery but to be honest icons just add bloat when keeping inline with the text sufficed. There's nothing worse than a feature pulling off an image that was made to sit in a certain location but has adverse effects in a location it was not made to sit in or alongside by.

If your pulling an icon from the official spritesheet this means you cannot even have the option of changing it without it effecting it's original location.

Hmmm, never thought to check it with a notice., Will work on fixing that too :(

Shelley, not sure why you have that vertical line, however I will add an option as to whether one wishes to use those icons in 1.0.2

I will also add an option to display the bookmark link in posts to the right or left of other links at the same location.
i.e if option is set to 'public', then one can decide if to place it to the left of 'Like' or to the right of 'Reply'.

that would be nice syndol. thanks. :) what I would suggest is have the icons pull from it's own spritesheet. Suggestion have your own bookmark-ui-spritesheet.png?

If your pulling an icon from the official spritesheet this means you cannot even have the option of changing it without it effecting it's original location.
I agree, I guess this means icons are out!

Having a separate sprite sheet which uses the same images just means more work updating that sprite sheet to match the images from the default sprite sheet.

If I am to keep the images then I would keep them the same as the other forum and thread icons used elsewhere, for consistency, and as I've customised those to match my style, I would also need to customise the new bookmark sprite sheet with exactly the same images.

So I would be loading exactly the same images on a different sprite.

I'm not sure that's the optimum solution.

If it moves to a separate sprite then I'll just remove the images, keeps things easier for me.

Having a separate sprite sheet which uses the same images just means more work updating that sprite sheet to match the images from the default sprite sheet.

If I am to keep the images then I would keep them the same as the other forum and thread icons used elsewhere, for consistency, and as I've customised those to match my style, I would also need to customise the new bookmark sprite sheet with exactly the same images.

So I would be loading exactly the same images on a different sprite.

I'm not sure that's the optimum solution.

If it moves to a separate sprite then I'll just remove the images, keeps things easier for me.

This is slightly annoying especially when I don't associated xenforo with matting issues . Why on earth is the icon got a background colour? And more importantly why wasn't this picked up before 1.0.1?

Not having a go at you syndol it's a legitimate question. Maybe you can anwser that one paul please because had I seen some screenshots before release I would have picked up on that right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom