• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid Mod] Bookmarks

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes perfect sense to me.
Similar controls should always be in the same place.

I've actually styled mine to match exactly.

View attachment 22752

Contrary to popular belief xenforo doesn't always place implement things correctly the first time (example: notices) if your following that train of thought. Not likely I proved that. And of course I disagree with you.

No worries Syndol. It's a alteration I'm more than willing to make I just thought even though it's kept inline with how xenforo has placed the privatecontrols it just didn't look right and felt it was cluttering the date and timestamp.
I think it is one of those things that should have an option. Our options page is getting longer and longer...:eek:

I think it is one of those things that should have an option. Our options page is getting longer and longer...:eek:

Options are good but I'm posting with the mindset that rather than remain in the sheep pen how can we improve that? and this? rather than think "xenforo did it this way it must be the best way". It's not always the case but again it is actually an alteration I am prepared to make myself.

Option already added ;)

Wise choice Syndol. I think the moment we stop trying to improve things and settle for the default we're all in trouble. Good to see the users have now an option instead of serving a users preference. Nice job.

Just another thought to sticky bookmarks. I'm wondering (mainly for people that want to have a differing style for stickies) if you possibly think it's worth entertaining the idea in making it easier to style sticky bookmarks differently since sticky bookmarks will hold more importance over standard bookmarks. Thus far, I styled it through the item id. Just curious whether you think this might be worth exploring further Syndol.

Possibly do sticky bookmark styling through the style properties if at all possible or pending you even want to entertain the idea to distinguish the stickies from normal bookmarks.

sticky-styling.webp

Possibly do sticky bookmark styling through the style properties if at all possible or pending you even want to entertain the idea to distinguish the stickies from normal bookmarks.
As soon as I have the tags working, I'll take a look at having that as an option.

That seems pretty easy actually... just needs a class inserted in sticky li... so if sticky icon is added, sticky class is added to that li as well.

A quick style properties under the existing profile style properties to adjust the sticky properties.

Seasons Greetings,
version 1.0.5 has now been emailed to everyone.

The main new features are:

- Bookmarks may now be organised using tags. These tags are then used to filter the bookmark list on the Account page.
- Ability to select which bookmarks you wish to have displayed in the quick links navigation menu.
- Added option to select the default state of the public/private radio button on the save a bookmark form.
- Added an option for the location of the edit/delete links of the bookmark item.
- The action of bookmarking a post is now inserted into the Recent Activity news feed.
- Added an option for users to receive an alert whenever someone bookmarks one of their posts.
- Added style properties for highlighting a sticky bookmark item.

Happy holidays.
Save_with_Tags.webp Filter_by_Tag.webp

Do you keep bookmarks of different type in different tables or in one (as like system is made 'content_id', 'content_type' ...)?

Do you keep bookmarks of different type in different tables or in one (as like system is made 'content_id', 'content_type' ...)?
One table with 'content_type' and 'content_id' columns. I use Handlers to fetch the content.

Syndol,

From what was a good idea to start with, this has turned into an excellent and VERY well supported mod. Just wanted to pass on my thanks and best regards for the season :)

Cheers
Paul

Being that it is the holiday season and all, I thought I'd gift you with yet another version of this great add-on ;)

Even though version 1.0.5 was extensively tested, I have just found a small template typo which allows you to save a profile post bookmark as a quick link even when there is no bookmark note. This means that the bookmark will not display in the drop-down list. This only affects profile posts.
Version 1.0.6 fixes this issue.

To upgrade:

1). Upload file 'Bookmarks/ControllerPublic/bookmarks.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
2). Upload file 'Bookmarks/Install/106.php' to your server
3). Upgrade the add-on using 'addon-Bookmarks_106.xml'

This version has now been emailed to everyone.

Perhaps I'm having a blonde moment but I'm wondering if a class change would be possible with regards to the delete button. I had no problem in styling the edit (.EditControl) button but when I went to style the delete (.OverlayTrigger) it styled many other areas of the forum just wondering if changing that to something like .DeleteControl so I can wrap and style the delete rather than wrapping the style settings (as a temp solution on .bookmarkControls).

Hopefully I explained that correctly for you.

Edit: Another suggestion, not fussed whether this makes it in or not but at this time I find the side navigation menu redundant and taking up space. Perhaps an option to hide this unless there are plans for this since all these links are in the usercp. At this moment in time I've hidden it

Code:
.bookmarks_account_list .accountSideBar  {
display: none;
}

The action of bookmarking a post is now inserted into the Recent Activity news feed.
- Added an option for users to receive an alert whenever someone bookmarks one of their posts.
Wow.

If you add a 'Repost As Thread' button to where that post is quoted during the creation of a new thread then you have imitated the Tumblr reblog feature I mentioned earlier in the thread. You've got everything else in place. Amazing.

Perhaps I'm having a blonde moment but I'm wondering if a class change would be possible with regards to the delete button.
I guess we are all blondes then :D - not that it's a bad thing :whistle:
I agree that the edit/delete links should have their own css classes. As this is not a big enough change to warrant a new version, it will have to wait till other changes/improvements are required/desired.

As for the 'Bookmarks' link on the left hand side of the account page, I use that all the time so not sure why you'd want that removed.

Wow.

If you add a 'Repost As Thread' button to where that post is quoted during the creation of a new thread then you have imitated the Tumblr reblog feature I mentioned earlier in the thread. You've got everything else in place. Amazing.
My turn for a blonde moment :D Why would you want to repost something as a thread when it's already posted on the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom