• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[paid add-on] Ragtek Invite System

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
'i think having its own tab is a bit grandiose! especially considering there are no sublinks. wouldnt a link in subnav under 'forums' or in the userpane under 'your content' or whatnot be more suitable?'

'i think having its own tab is a bit grandiose! especially considering there are no sublinks. wouldnt a link in subnav under 'forums' or in the userpane under 'your content' or whatnot be more suitable?'
Ah, you mean in the navbar^^

It's just a temponary solution until mike includes some usefull template hooks or a template modification system.
Manuel edits are horrible because the will get lost after a xenforo update

where would i look in your files to disable the existing template hook? i can reinstall. i am happy to make manual template edits for now.

library/ragtek/invite/staticmethods.php

search for
PHP:
public static function addNavbarTab(array &$extraTabs, $selectedTabId) {

add unter this
PHP:
return false;

I love this addon and will wait patiently for the invite only community and a limit on the invites.

I have a private community and I want to allow all members with more than ten posts to get additional invitemore usergroup, granting them permission to invite up to 25 times, and users with less than ten posts to get additional inviteless usergroup, granting them permission to invite up to three people.

so i sent out an invite to a gmail and waited more than 24 hours... no email recieved. ive checked spam directory, etc; its nowhere. messages sent via xf's 'contact' form work, registration validation emails work, but these invites dont.
so my question is: where should i be looking for the problem? i dont see any configuration option for invites. im not sure where to look to resolve this.

so i sent out an invite to a gmail and waited more than 24 hours... no email recieved. ive checked spam directory, etc; its nowhere. messages sent via xf's 'contact' form work, registration validation emails work, but these invites dont.
so my question is: where should i be looking for the problem? i dont see any configuration option for invites. im not sure where to look to resolve this.
You could enable the debug mod and try it again.

If something wents wrong, it will show the error

Update:

Changehistory:
1.0.0 RC2
+New Usergroup Permission: (Can use the Invite System)
invite_permissions.webp
+ allow ony registration with an invite code
+ New Option => show navbar tab
navbar.webp

ATTENTION:
1. Requires PHP >= 5.3
2. I'm not sure if it's working 100% so pls pls don't use it in your livesystem and be angry if you have registered users without an invite code!!!!!:p
So pls test it as first on a testboard^^
I hope that everything is working fine and we will get soon a goldversion;)

perfect. i was just testing the earlier one.
suggestion: some sort of debug option to over-ride 'already registered', perhaps a way to easily remove invites.

wha
perfect. i was just testing the earlier one.
suggestion: some sort of debug option to over-ride 'already registered', perhaps a way to easily remove invites.
what do you mean with "already registered"?
if somebody is already registered, he can't be invited (the form shows an error)

yes, but i am trying to find out why it is not sending mails, and i have only a limited number of emails to test with.
if i could over-ride all the email checks, or perhaps easily remove pending invites, it would be easier to test.

(nothing in error console btw)

well i cant get this to work at all. no errors on submission, no errors in the error log, no emails in a spam folder, no bounces, nothing at all.
so theres really not much i can do beyond this so i am giving up and hoping something like this makes it into the core.

fyi, i use the default transport

well i cant get this to work at all. no errors on submission, no errors in the error log, no emails in a spam folder, no bounces, nothing at all.
so theres really not much i can do beyond this so i am giving up and hoping something like this makes it into the core.

fyi, i use the default transport
even if you're in debug mod you get no error? strange:(

Does your server have PHP 5.3? I think that's a bit too far a stretch to be perfectly honest... most servers don't run it, so you are literally wiping out a majority chunk of your users by going so high with the PHP version requirement. XF only requires 5.2.4+, which most hosts have installed nowadays.

Does your server have PHP 5.3? I think that's a bit too far a stretch to be perfectly honest... most servers don't run it, so you are literally wiping out a majority chunk of your users by going so high with the PHP version requirement. XF only requires 5.2.4+, which most hosts have installed nowadays.
Yes, our servers have php 5.3.;) (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/php-version.10356/)

(only the installation requires php5.3 because of our install helper, and i know, i'm egoistic, but i code the add-ons for my pages and release them for free, so i can't take too much care of the user requests;) :p )

b2t: but i hope that we can rewrite the installer in the next weeks...

where would i look in your files to disable the existing template hook? i can reinstall. i am happy to make manual template edits for now.
Would this be better as in the navbar?

Attachments

• invite.webp
    invite.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom