1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[paid add-on] Ragtek Invite System

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by ragtek, Jan 12, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

This add-on allows your members, to send a invite mail to there friends for your forum.

It is also possible, to disable the registration process, so only users with an valid invite mail can register them!

Recommended XenForo Version:
    1.0.0 RC3 (because of the template hooks)

• Upload the library Directory into your xenforo directory. (If necessary, overwrite all files).
    • Install the xml file ( ACP => Install Add)
    • Check the options & usergroup permissions (new point: ragtek Invite System)
    permissions.PNG inviteoptions1.PNG

thx to:
    for his great feedback the bugtracking and translation service

Translations for this add-on can be found here
    If you have Suggestions or you've found an Bug, feel free to post it on our official support board: http://ragtek.org/xenforo/index.php?forums/suggestions.4/
    So it's much easier to to track the requests:) thx

I've decided to stop "supporting" my big add-ons here.
    It's too hard for me to track suggestions,bugs & feedback in 1 thread...
    That's why i moved this add-on to my support page: http://ragtek.org/xenforo/categories/ragtek-invite-add-on.6/

All premium members (membership price: 20€ for 1 year, 13€ for 1/2 year) will have access to ALL MY RELEASED ADDONS

Attached Files:

2. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Very interesting.

I used to use the similar Mod on vb.org and I have a suggestion. Often people will want to track the status of their invites. That is, if i refer a friend i want to know if he's registered or not. So maybe on that new tab you can also show the status of sent invites and those who have registered and those who haven't.
    Todd and richardduboi like this.
  3. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

This one will be popular - i remember seeing several people saying they were after an invite-only refferal system :)

May have a play when i get back from the office :)
    EDIT - i would if it was available ;)

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

already implemented;)
    Sadik B likes this.
  5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Sorry, i don't think that i can finish it today.
    Paul likes this.
  6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I've updated the screenshots;)

In the final version it will be a link/ memberpopup
    Sadik B likes this.
  7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Would be nice if you can let people to import their email address book and check who is already signed up, and allow to invite those not registered.
    Just like several social networks that use Find a friend features.
    ankurs likes this.
  8. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

very exciting! cant wait to see how to implement a 'referral bonus' or whatnot.
  9. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Hey thats ok - i'm not in and immediate need for this :) I know some were counting it as their last hurdle before they could move from one platform to xF.....
  10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Yes, i need this for my communities to (because i'm using this also in my vB boards) but it's a feature with a very low priority;)
  11. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I need much more add-ons until i can move (at least 18 important add-ons, so i don't think i can move in the next 5 months:D
  12. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Wow, nice addon!
    It would be cool if the invite sender automatically follows the invited members once he/she is registered. That way they can find each other easily.
    Business Coach and dieketzer like this.
  13. dieketzer

and vice versa
  14. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Nice addon ragtek. The tab fields need a css touch I think. This plain view does look uncomplete. Maybe you can apply xenforo css style ?
  15. ragtek

ragtek Guest

It's using the xenforo style, my screenshots were made with an custom style^^

Attached Files:

yavuz likes this.
  16. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Why show it when it cant be released yet? Teasing us like that is mean :mad:

17. ragtek

ragtek Guest

To ask for feedback:p
    So i can implement the userwishes earlier;)
    Kaiser likes this.
  18. dieketzer

i reckon the list should look more tabular, using alternating bg colours for each line
    Kaiser likes this.
  19. ragtek

ragtek Guest

As already said, i have no experiance with the xenforo css classes. I hoped that somebody could help me with this^^
  20. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Can we have a feature where we can choose to distribute invites manually to each Usergroups also if the invite has not been used Admin's should to able to choose a timeline when the Unused invites will be expired i.e. 24hours,48hours,week .
    ankurs likes this.