XF 1.0 Pages

Pages allow you to manage simple content in the node tree. Find out more here:

http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

The node list display could do with some improvements. We have some ideas about that.

The exact look of the auto-generated navigation is a work-in-progress as well. :)

Regarding some uses; this is in my opinion the answer to custom pages that people want on their forum that aren't a forum page, and still fully integrated. Don't think of it as a CMS, or a Portal, but just additional pages to your site.

About Us
Newsletters
Meet the Team
Legal Documentation

etc

Regarding some uses; this is in my opinion the answer to custom pages that people want on their forum that aren't a forum page, and still fully integrated. Don't think of it as a CMS, or a Portal, but just additional pages to your site.

About Us
Newsletters
Meet the Team
Legal Documentation

etc

These were the imediate uses I though of when I saw it, looks very good :)

Mike, thats wonderful!
Can we set a completely different template for pages?
You can specify an overriding style for any item in the node tree, so yes you can. That style would then be inherited by any child nodes, child forums etc.

I've mentioned before how fast we can develop with the XenForo framework. Pages is a particular example of that in action - I wrote the majority of the code that runs the Pages system in one afternoon. :)

Will there be supporting documentation, provided by the XenForo framework, to support developers in utilising the framework, with code examples?

I've mentioned before how fast we can develop with the XenForo framework. Pages is a particular example of that in action - I wrote the majority of the code that runs the Pages system in one afternoon. :)

Well congrats :). Just make sure documentation is kept up-to-date

Very nice! :)
It's not possible now, and while there are certainly advantages of it, I'm generally very against inserting PHP code directly in any interface.

PHP would be very useful for creating something like a contact form, or a mini web app or tool, although I can see why you wouldn't want to allow it. :)

It's not possible now, and while there are certainly advantages of it, I'm generally very against inserting PHP code directly in any interface.

Would it be possible using a custom template and a plugin to actually get the idea's Eriksrocks suggests? contact us form... mini web app etc???

Better yet will xenforo come with a Contact Form Page as standard? And will there be "Widget" support for these pages? This would basically cover most scenarios.

Would it be possible using a custom template and a plugin to actually get the idea's Eriksrocks suggests? contact us form... mini web app etc???

Better yet will xenforo come with a Contact Form Page as standard? And will there be "Widget" support for these pages? This would basically cover most scenarios.
If you're writing a plugin, you probably don't need to piggyback the pages system... :)

Contact form page? There's a link in the footer...

No widgets at this point, but it has been talked about.

Amazing. :cool:

(I will try and concentrate only on suggestions concerning xenForo, but since I am still not quite over vB4: Internet Brands released their CMS even without thinking of static pages... see here and (with all respect to the developer involved, because he approach us himself about it, but...) this is also quite remarkable that we have to explain to them what static pages actually are :(. Often one get's the feeling we as customers need to take on the role of Product Advisor or constant Beta Tester over there. Frustrating and tiring to say the least... I am forever thankful we now have a serious alternative produced by people who actually understand what they are doing and doing it with such a perfection!)

Top Bottom