[OzzModz] Most Ever Online

[OzzModz] Most Ever Online 2.0.1

No permission to download
So you're saying once the cache gets pruned, deleted or corrupted the stat is gone?

Assuming he followed my suggested model (which I believe he did, but I haven't looked at his source code yet), it simply checks the count of currently online users and if the current number exceeds the previous high, the most ever online figure is updated and stored in the registry.

If somehow the registry got corrupted (you'd have a much bigger problem on your hands if it did!), or if you managed to reset the value for this specific registry entry, then yes - the most ever online would start again with whatever the current number of users online is.

Assuming he followed my suggested model (which I believe he did, but I haven't looked at his source code yet), it simply checks the count of currently online users and if the current number exceeds the previous high, the most ever online figure is updated and stored in the registry.

If somehow the registry got corrupted (you'd have a much bigger problem on your hands if it did!), or if you managed to reset the value for this specific registry entry, then yes - the most ever online would start again with whatever the current number of users online is.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did follow your suggested model. Works quite well actually and I really appreciate all your help.

Hi there! Thank you for the addon. Excellent work i have one question.
I use who's online below my forums and can i do the following? Look at the attachment please :)
I would like to have the numbers right next to it

Thanks! :giggle:

Attachments

• total.webp
    total.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 27
Just be aware that the count of "guests" online will include unidentified bots, and thus could be skewed.

I suggest you look at also installing one of the various addons which adds additional bot detection to get more accurate results.

For example, one of my sites currently has 507 visitors online:
  • 45 members
  • 187 guests
  • 275 robots
... many of those robots are only identified because I'm running the Known Bots addon on my server - otherwise they would be counted as guests. There are other addons which also do this too - it's worth looking through them to find one that suits.

Brad Padgett updated [BP] MostEverOnline with a new update entry:

fixed several issues and users who installed prior to 1.0.4 will need to rebuild their master data

I recommend all users upgrade. If you installed the add-on prior to this version, you will need to upgrade and then point your browser to the /install directory of your installation and click "rebuild master data". There was an accidental direct template edit of app.less that has caused the add-on to delete the template if uninstalled causing broken CSS until the master data has been rebuilt. Rebuilding the master data from the install directory after upgrading will fix the issue and keep the app.less template from being deleted if you uninstall. If you have already uninstalled please rebuild your master data to fix the issue. After taking this step you are good to go from 1.0.4 and on.

If you didn't install prior then you are good. Version 1.0.4 does not have this issue.

I suggest everyone upgrade to the new version and rebuild their master data afterwords if you installed prior to this version.

This does not affect users on 1.0.0-1.0.1 version of the add-on

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
All users who downloaded this add-on prior to 1.0.4 will need upgrade and then point their browser to the /install directory and rebuild their master data.

There was an accidental direct template edit of app.less connected to the add-on that will delete the template if the add-on is un-installed until the master data is rebuilt. Even if you upgrade, you will still need to do this.

If you rebuild your master data, this will immediately restore the template and fix the issue even from an older install version of the add-on. Though you will need to upgrade first to avoid it happening again. Please upgrade first and then rebuild your master data. The Xenforo 2 stock template app.less will be deleted if you uninstall on version 1.0.2-1.0.3 requiring a rebuild of the master data to fix.

All users need to upgrade to 1.0.4 version of this add-on. There have been a good amount of improvements in this release as well. Please upgrade.

This does not affect new installs on 1.0.4 or higher. The add-on is safe to use from 1.0.4 and on. You will just need to follow this step if you downloaded prior to 1.0.4

This does not affect users who are on version 1.0.0-1.0.1

Last edited:
Hi there! Thank you for the addon. Excellent work i have one question.
I use who's online below my forums and can i do the following? Look at the attachment please :)
I would like to have the numbers right next to it

Thanks! :giggle:

This code should fix it for you. Add this to the template "extra.less":

CSS:
.totalContainer, .memberContainer, .guestContainer {
display: block !important;
}

Just be aware that the count of "guests" online will include unidentified bots, and thus could be skewed.

I suggest you look at also installing one of the various addons which adds additional bot detection to get more accurate results.

For example, one of my sites currently has 507 visitors online:
  • 45 members
  • 187 guests
  • 275 robots
... many of those robots are only identified because I'm running the Known Bots addon on my server - otherwise they would be counted as guests. There are other addons which also do this too - it's worth looking through them to find one that suits.

Yes possibly unidentified such as "ahrefs" but those robots would still appear as guests and not robots. The add-on still doesn't count robots unless they appear as guests. I may possibly look into extending the add-on some to include a separate line for robots although I would need to add the robot count to members online which I may also do eventually. It's all a matter of what I'm able to put together. I will keep you posted.

There was an accidental direct template edit of app.less connected to the add-on that will delete the template if the add-on is un-installed causing any new styles created from the default style and also the default style itself to have broken css. Even if you upgrade, you will still need to do this.
Yesterday while I was playing at local host, I need to uninstall the application and faced the problem at app.less. Very happy that you find the resaon and solution.

On live site I am using MostEverOnline 1.0.3. So first I need to rebuild my master data and then uprade the application to 1.0.4. From that point it is safe to uninstall the application. Is it correct ?

Yesterday while I was playing at local host, I need to uninstall the application and faced the problem at app.less. Very happy that you find the resaon and solution.

On live site I am using MostEverOnline 1.0.3. So first I need to rebuild my master data and then uprade the application to 1.0.4. From that point it is safe to uninstall the application. Is it correct ?

I would upgrade and then rebuild the master data. But yes at that point everything is safe. The add-on would not harm your site even if you uninstalled 1.0.3 if you were to rebuild the master data afterwords although yes you are right but I would upgrade first and then rebuild the master data.

The add-on is safe as can be in 1.0.4. There was just a small issue because I had accidentally edited the template "app.less" directly on the master style on my development server and it was connected to the add-on. This should have been done from an external template modification which is was shortly after, however it was still configured to the add-on as I had not realized it wasn't yet reverted.

Upgrading and rebuilding your master data will fix all future issues with this and you are perfectly safe! :)

@mkucuksari If you want reassurance that it's safe after you upgrade and rebuild the master data go to appearance -> templates -> and select the add-on to view it's templates and you should see that there is no edit of app.less. After you rebuild the data you will not see the template being edited under the add-ons templates. That has all been done from an external template modification like it's supposed to. So it will not show any edit of that template under the add-on for reassurance.

If you want reassurance that it's safe after you upgrade and rebuild the master data go to appearance -> templates -> and select the add-on to view it's templates and you should see that there is no edit of app.less.
Great, I got it. Will give a try tonight. Many thanks for your interest.

Great, I got it. Will give a try tonight. Many thanks for your interest.

No problem and my apologies for that. The add-on is good to go from 1.0.4 and on.

Also be aware that a lot of style creators use the template app.less to place their LESS template references in to use on your style so you will likely see that the template is edited globally, but if you select my add-on to see it's templates specifically you will see that app.less has not been edited.

No problem and my apologies for that. The add-on is good to go from 1.0.4 and on.

Also be aware that a lot of style creators use the template app.less to place their LESS template references in to use on your style so you will likely see that the template is edited globally, but if you select my add-on to see it's templates specifically you will see that app.less has not been edited.
We have a fix so no problem.

As you said my 3 rd thema UI.X2 is also modify and use "app.less" template. While checking I will select the addon, no problem.

We have a fix so no problem.

As you said my 3 rd thema UI.X2 is also modify and use "app.less" template. While checking I will select the addon, no problem.

Glad it's fixed for you. It was only 1 day that mishap occurred. I'm hoping any others who downloaded versions 1.0.2-1.0.3 will see this. It only affects versions 1.0.2-1.03

I can't see something like that ever happening again. It's interesting how the Xenforo team set that up. I never thought that could happen but anyways just know that it won't happen again.

Glad it's fixed for you. It was only 1 day that mishap occurred. I'm hoping any others who downloaded prior will see this. It only affects versions 1.0.2-1.03

I can't see something like that ever happening again. It's interesting how the Xenforo team set that up. I never thought that could happen but anyways just know that it won't happen again.
Sorry, there is a misunderstanding. I have not try yet ;) Will try tonight and let you know how it works.

Sorry, there is a misunderstanding. I have not try yet ;) Will try tonight and let you know how it works.

Okay no worries. Everything should be good to go for you. Like I said even if you uninstalled on 1.0.3 you would just have broken css until you rebuilt your master data and then the problem would be fixed. Although I do not recommend doing that. But your good to go now.

Top Bottom