[OzzModz] Daily Doodle Alternating Logo

[OzzModz] Daily Doodle Alternating Logo 2.0.5

No permission to download

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Daily Doodle - Change your logo like Google does

Most people know that Google changes its logo on specific days to honor holidays, birthdays, or other notable events. They call these temporary logos "Google Doodles." Many XenForo Admins like to mark special days by temporarily changing our forum logos as well. Usually this means manually changing the the header style properties on one or more styles and/or overwriting the file on our server with a new logo and having to remember to undo it the next day. Also if you're not up at midnight it...

Read more about this resource...

1516969812173.webp

I've had a brief look at the code and if I'm reading it correctly, these doodles don't support a 2x version. Would that be possible to get added to a future version?

Fillip

Last edited:
Thanks Snog, I love this addon. It get me lots of kudos from members when the banner changes for significant days

Thanks for this add-on, is it possible to show a doodle every day or even just one day but in a particular time?

For example,

10am - 11am | path/to/image | Text

or

10:30am - 10:31am of 4/4/2018 | path/to/image | Text

Thanks!

Thanks for this add-on, is it possible to show a doodle every day or even just one day but in a particular time?

For example,

10am - 11am | path/to/image | Text

or

10:30am - 10:31am of 4/4/2018 | path/to/image | Text

Thanks!
It's not possible to show the doodle by time.

If you want to show the doodle for X number of days, use the date range setting.
Code:
YYYY-MM-DD ~ YYYY-MM-DD | path/to/doodle/image.png | Optional Mouseover Text | Optional URL Replacement
OR
MM-DD ~ MM-DD | path/to/doodle/image.png

Last edited:
I would like to display a special doodle each time it's 13th Friday, do you think it's possible via your add-on without having to calculate/specify each day?

I would like to display a special doodle each time it's 13th Friday, do you think it's possible via your add-on without having to calculate/specify each day?
No this isn't possible.

The add-on uses PHP's strtotime function. It doesn't do any complicated calculations.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to display more than one logo the same day? I'd like to avoid making a gif just to show 2 pictures in alternation, so I was thinking if it was possible to provide a way for it, thanks.

Would it be possible to display more than one logo the same day? I'd like to avoid making a gif just to show 2 pictures in alternation, so I was thinking if it was possible to provide a way for it, thanks.
Sorry, that's not possible. And there are no plans for it to be added.

Snog! It's been far longer than I imagined but I look forward to finally trying this out! Thank you for porting it!

I realize it's been a while since you asked for this and I also just realized my reply back then was a bit quick.

I'll be updating this add-on to do any Day/Date combination. So this will be a valid doodle entry in the next release:
friday/13 | images/logos/friday13.jpg | Friday the 13th

Snog updated Daily Doodle with a new update entry:

Daily Doodle Update 2.0.3

Almost immediately after the release of 2.0.2.1, someone brought the fact that there are 2 different days that Easter can fall on to my attention. Western and Eastern Orthodox celebrate Easter on a different day. So...
  • Add Easterorth doodle type
The Easterorth doodle type will display a logo every year on Easter Sunday for the Eastern Orthodox religion.
easterorth | logos/easter.png | Happy Easter!

This update also removes the requirement that PHP has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom