[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.5 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
I think I am doing something wrong. I have users that have two badges, but only one shows up in the profile and postbit. How can I make it so that more show? I don't see any options for that, so not exactly sure how to make that happen? These are badges from different categories if that matters??

Last edited:
I think I am doing something wrong. I have users that have two badges, but only one shows up in the profile and postbit. How can I make it so that more show? I don't see any options for that, so not exactly sure how to make that happen? These are badges from different categories if that matters??

I was able to get it working, it just seems that I needed to update the cache for the badges and then everything was fine. I am still having difficulty doing veteran award badges by time. If I do 6mo, 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, 4 years and using the last online since x amount of time ... it still seems to give everyone all the badges even though they they have not been on the community for that long. I really need to find a way to do it by REGISTERED DATE and not time of activity. Will look again through the TH addon to see if I can't figure it out. I may have missed something.

[Update] -- I've researched and I just cannot find a way to make it happen. Is there anyway I could perhaps pay for the development time to add in a REGISTERED FOR: day/month/year etc option so that we can award badges to users based upon their actual length of membership to the forum? That's the only way to be able to accurately award veteran based badges acknowledging a users time within the community.

The only other question... it seems there's no way I can change the navigation point for the URL to something other than ozzmodz_badges ..???

Last edited:
I was able to get it working, it just seems that I needed to update the cache for the badges and then everything was fine. I am still having difficulty doing veteran award badges by time. If I do 6mo, 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, 4 years and using the last online since x amount of time ... it still seems to give everyone all the badges even though they they have not been on the community for that long. I really need to find a way to do it by REGISTERED DATE and not time of activity. Will look again through the TH addon to see if I can't figure it out. I may have missed something.

[Update] -- I've researched and I just cannot find a way to make it happen. Is there anyway I could perhaps pay for the development time to add in a REGISTERED FOR: day/month/year etc option so that we can award badges to users based upon their actual length of membership to the forum? That's the only way to be able to accurately award veteran based badges acknowledging a users time within the community.

The only other question... it seems there's no way I can change the navigation point for the URL to something other than ozzmodz_badges ..???
1706030303166.webp

Look for those settings, if not they are provided by either Xon or ThemeHouse's add-on (I believe).

First of all, thank you for this awesome add on! I am using it to only award 1 badge per member and it varies mostly in height, making it overflow the message bottom (past the line below "Report") if its height is long enough and also messing it up in the profile view.

The easy fix is the following template edited with height commented out if you want badges that aren't square (50x75, 50x100, 50x150).
Template: ozzmodz_badges_featured_badges.less
CSS:
.featuredBadgesGridParams(@badgeSize, @gapSize)
{
    grid-template-columns: repeat(auto-fit, @badgeSize);
    gap: @gapSize;

.featuredBadge
    {
        width: @badgeSize;
        //height: @badgeSize;

.badgeIcon--fa, .badgeIcon--mdi
        {
            font-size: @badgeSize;
            line-height: 1;
        }
    }
}

However, I'd suggest putting in a @badgeSizeHeight option under the [OzzModz] Badges style properties that would accept 100px, or "auto" (fit the full height despite what it is without overlapping the message).

This is a quick fix for me now though!

Also getting this error and unsure if it's permissions or not. A work-around is just awarding it in the ACP.
1706540434613.webp

This would be awesome if we could use variables in the url. Such as {$userid} 😍
Just in case anyone wants to do this, it's pretty simple with a quick template edit:

Template: ozzmodz_badges_featured_badges_macros

Find:

Code:
<xf:set var="$badgeLink" value="{$badge.badge_link}" />

Change to:

Code:
<xf:set var="$badgeLink" value="{$badge.badge_link|replace({'{userid}': $user.user_id})}" />

Hi, may be you can help me, tried to upgrade the addon but get this error:

XF\Db\Exception
: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'xf_ozzmodz_badges_badge.active' in 'where clause' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1430
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Repository/Badge.php at line 86
  7. OzzModz\Badges\Repository\Badge->getBadgesCache() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Repository/Badge.php at line 101
  8. OzzModz\Badges\Repository\Badge->rebuildBadgesCache() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Setup.php at line 273
  9. OzzModz\Badges\Setup->upgrade2000074Step1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 124
  10. OzzModz\Badges\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 73
  11. OzzModz\Badges\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 597
  12. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  16. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  17. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  18. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hi, may be you can help me, tried to upgrade the addon but get this error:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'xf_ozzmodz_badges_badge.active' in 'where clause' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1430
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetch() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Repository/Badge.php at line 86
  7. OzzModz\Badges\Repository\Badge->getBadgesCache() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Repository/Badge.php at line 101
  8. OzzModz\Badges\Repository\Badge->rebuildBadgesCache() in src/addons/OzzModz/Badges/Setup.php at line 273
  9. OzzModz\Badges\Setup->upgrade2000074Step1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 124
  10. OzzModz\Badges\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 73
  11. OzzModz\Badges\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 597
  12. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  16. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  17. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  18. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

What version were you upgrading from?

2.0.0 2​

update: just updated to intermediate versión and then to final and sems to worked.

Last edited:
Great addon (and free to boot!)

I'm having trouble -- the badges being displayed in the postbit seems to have broken the feedback ratings that were also being shown in the postbit as well -- any insight?

Before/addon disabled:
1706906078803.webp

After/addon enabled:
1706906126905.webp

additionally, the "badges" tab doesnt seem to be appearing in profiles:
1706905784790.webp

used a clean install via archive.

Last edited:
Hey all Happy Valentine's Day...let me ask.... cause this is challenge I'm facing...

We give badges to people who support our community, but we have so many different way a person can support us -- dragonbyte donate, DB Ecommerce, Dbcredits, etc....

So my question is, let's say I have badge B, if I tick badge B goes to people who DB donate to us 100 or more..... if I were to ALSO click DBEcommerce and say it goes to people who spend 100 or more in the STORE ... would the badges look at that and say "Okay, whichever one is met... donate or ecom they get the badge!" or would it expect that BOTH criteria are matched before it awards the badge?

I am so in need of an 'either this or that works' solution. Also would love to see something that allows for DBCredits purhcased as an option.

Thanks for your help!!

Hey all Happy Valentine's Day...let me ask.... cause this is challenge I'm facing...

We give badges to people who support our community, but we have so many different way a person can support us -- dragonbyte donate, DB Ecommerce, Dbcredits, etc....

So my question is, let's say I have badge B, if I tick badge B goes to people who DB donate to us 100 or more..... if I were to ALSO click DBEcommerce and say it goes to people who spend 100 or more in the STORE ... would the badges look at that and say "Okay, whichever one is met... donate or ecom they get the badge!" or would it expect that BOTH criteria are matched before it awards the badge?

I am so in need of an 'either this or that works' solution. Also would love to see something that allows for DBCredits purhcased as an option.

Thanks for your help!!
I don't believe this is possible, but I ended up doing different icons because members on the site I use badges on are insane and wanted to collect more.

Top Bottom