[OzzModz] Content Badges

[OzzModz] Content Badges [Paid] 2.0.1 Patch Level 4

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Just a quick question in this area of the icon setup - is it asking for actual CSS code OR is it asking for a reference to existing code in extra.less??

I use code in extra.less to create visual effects on our user banners and I thought I would try to see if I could add a spinning effect to one of our icons, but that didn't work and then I tried a fade in/out and that didn't work either. So wanted to make sure I was understanding how this CSS box worked.... I am sure it's user error lol

Also it doesn't seem this add-on uses FontAwesome 5 icons... what icons are preferred to be pulled from?

Thanks for any insight!

1700951973645.webp

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Content Badges with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] Content Badges for XenForo 2.2+ Update 2.0.1 Patch Level 4

2.0.1 Patch Level 4:
  • Fixed adding new table columns for supported add-ons that installed in the wrong order (after installing badges add-on)
  • Fixed "The error value must be a string or an object which can be cast to a string"error on badge awarding
  • Fixed errors while displaying badges for disabled add-on's content

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't know if anyone else is having the same challenge, but I noticed this when you click on a content badge from within the thread/post it was awarded:

1707257223510.webp

It's showing the link to the actual image rather than the description that exists in the badges entry:

1707257259921.webp

Has anyone else experienced this, or is there a known fix? I am using Content Badge version 2.0.1 patch level 4, with DBTech credit integration 2.0.0 patch level 1, on XF 2.2.15

Thanks!!

I don't know if anyone else is having the same challenge, but I noticed this when you click on a content badge from within the thread/post it was awarded:

View attachment 297855

It's showing the link to the actual image rather than the description that exists in the badges entry:

View attachment 297856

Has anyone else experienced this, or is there a known fix? I am using Content Badge version 2.0.1 patch level 4, with DBTech credit integration 2.0.0 patch level 1, on XF 2.2.15

Thanks!!
This is where "Award reason" is displayed. Perhaps you accidentally inserted an image link in this field during the awarding process?

Can't it be sent with xenforo points?

Thus, members can share more on the forums to earn more points. @Ozzy47

xfp.webp

Last edited:
This is where "Award reason" is displayed. Perhaps you accidentally inserted an image link in this field during the awarding process?

No, as you see in the screenshot, the description is set to: "You're constantly giving 100%..."

There's no field for "award reason," so I figure that's the description. I am updated to the most current version of content badges I believe.

Working fine on my site

contentbadges.webp

There's no field for "award reason," so I figure that's the description. I am updated to the most current version of content badges I believe.

Don't you see "Award Reason" in the overlay when awarding a content badge?

contentbadges_awardreason.webp

Working fine on my site

View attachment 297899

Don't you see "Award Reason" in the overlay when awarding a content badge?

View attachment 297900

"Award reason" is an optional description you can add in, not something that's mandatory. So yes, that is there. Until that user awarded the You're A Star! badge, the description that's entered in the ACP for the badge is what displayed on mouse over.

It should not be listing the image URL as the description.

I do like your badges though, very cute.

Awesome add on! I wish the given awards postbit could update without a page refresh though ...

Oh and the award count shown in the profile popup too, not just only the full profile page.

Screenshot_20240219_220304_Edge.webp

Just purchased.
Can't seem to be able to award. Permissions given to correct usergroup but option not showing:

Untitled design(1).webp

Just purchased.
Can't seem to be able to award. Permissions given to correct usergroup but option not showing:
These badges are for content, they are awarded in the post/thread. Clicking the "award" button brings up the overlay, when awarded the badge appears in the message header (next to the post date) and also in the member profile

contentbadges.webp contentbadges2.webp memberprofile.webp

I see that the plugin is for granting badges to content, but I have some questions...

Does it work for all messages or only for the first post?

The use of 1 badge can be limited so that the user can only give 1 to a single message in the publication (for example to mark the best comment of all)

Is there a tab shown with all the available badges and the user who has the most of each?

Thx!!

Does this support XenAddons User blogs (which is similar to their articles)?
It supports anything that has criteria.

I see that the plugin is for granting badges to content, but I have some questions...

Does it work for all messages or only for the first post?

The use of 1 badge can be limited so that the user can only give 1 to a single message in the publication (for example to mark the best comment of all)

Is there a tab shown with all the available badges and the user who has the most of each?

Thx!!

This is similar to the Reddit Award system that was removed, in that you can give awards to any content.

Unless it has changed since I commissioned it, it doesn't support limiting it to just the first post.

You can see all the available badges available in the popup to give badges, but I do not believe there is an area to see where all the badges given in a thread, by a user or what has been given to a user.

This is similar to the Reddit Award system that was removed, in that you can give awards to any content.

Unless it has changed since I commissioned it, it doesn't support limiting it to just the first post.

You can see all the available badges available in the popup to give badges, but I do not believe there is an area to see where all the badges given in a thread, by a user or what has been given to a user.

Thanks!

So what makes it different from xenforo reactions? I can't see the differences

Thanks!

So what makes it different from xenforo reactions? I can't see the differences
It's similar to reactions, however the point is that it can be used as a monetization feature.

For the site I use it on, I disable reactions and use this instead with free badges, as well as paid badges.

Top Bottom