[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Can you show a screenshot of what you mean?
Ok, I've created a sample test form just to show exactly the main point...

PART ONE (form user content entry): This is the form and I've filled it out with some test content including two images. The form is now submitted, move to part two below.

test_part_1.JPG
test_part_2.JPG

PART TWO (after submission): After form submission, you can see the result. The images appear in main context as planned but the images are repeated below the written content. (in full scale image as you can see) The user text input stops at the 2nd small image and should go to the next question but the form outputs the images again even after being included in the WYSIWYG editor portion.

test_part_3.JPG
test_part_4.JPG
test_part_5.JPG

I would believe the expected behavior would be not to repeat the images in the form submission (report to thread format) -OR- perhaps I've missed a setting? In any case, it would be prudent to have an option to prevent repeating images.

If this is the the correct function, perhaps an option to hide the results of the file upload question. (I understand that the results output require the variables {question} and {answer} and the question can omitted, but not the answer portion.

If you need more information, please let me know.

NGINX, XF 2.2.11, PHP 8.0.x, AF Version 2.2.0 Beta 18

Last edited:
Are you using other addons? Like for example from AndyB like this one? Or anything similar?

This doesn't look like a normal behaviour to me but I will test it.
Hmmm.. I did look through this and there's nothing on this site from Andy. Most everything we use is from Xon, DigitalPoint and Siropu.
I can spin this up on a clean dev install and see there's a conflict somewhere. Should have done more due diligence before asking, I just didn't see a potential conflict.

To answer directly, no other attachment management tool that I can see.

I think I found the quirk. It is in the questions settings for the file upload answer type.

See 6.2.3: https://snogssite.com/threads/advanced-forms-documentation.3677/#message-anchor-623

You have set it as full size. If you choose "as attachment" then it doesn't repeat it.
Can confirm. Setting to attachment prevents the repeating image.

However, this causes a new issue, in order to get the images to show up inline, users have to use the image attachment button in the editor itself (small button). Most people will likely go for the bigger button that is 'file upload' which allows it to be only an attachment. I don't suppose we can just hide the file upload button? :ROFLMAO: [I know it's required to enable file/image uploads....]

Is this quirk due to limitations with XF and its attachment system with this product? Or, is this something that we could potentially fund to have further improved upon?

Thanks for your help today, at least I can relay a band-aid patch for now.

This is default XF behaviour. Same as here right now. The whole attachment system of XF is severely outdated and underdeveloped but nobody seems to care.

Hiding the file upload button will not do it as other owners need it. You must train your users to use the insert button.

I can't say though if this can be funded or not, that decision is not done by me.

This is default XF behaviour. Same as here right now. The whole attachment system of XF is severely outdated and underdeveloped but nobody seems to care.
Thanks for the clarification. (y) We can all hope for further innovation in this area then.
Hiding the file upload button will not do it as other owners need it. You must train your users to use the insert button.
We're working on a solution now to explain the situation and what to do in the meantime.
I can't say though if this can be funded or not, that decision is not done by me.
Apologies, didn't mean to overstep.

No apologies needed :), all good.

I just wanted to say that I don't own the addon. I am just helping out with the support of it. Any question about feature requests, funding, etc. should be directed to @Ozzy47. Just wanted to mention it :).

hello,
i noticed an issue about using the question to apply a prefix which seems to not be working correctly.....

in this case we have a prefix that is auto applied, but we have multi prefix support so give the option for a secondary chosen one.....however it wont work......it only picks one prefix then the second one has to be manually edited back in....

i suppose it isnt standard with the multi prefix support, is this possible to add however? that would be really nice...

regards

hello,
i noticed an issue about using the question to apply a prefix which seems to not be working correctly.....

in this case we have a prefix that is auto applied, but we have multi prefix support so give the option for a secondary chosen one.....however it wont work......it only picks one prefix then the second one has to be manually edited back in....

i suppose it isnt standard with the multi prefix support, is this possible to add however? that would be really nice...

regards
I am sadly experiencing this same issue. We are unable to assign prefixes through the advanced form questions.
Nevertheless, it used to work on the version 2.2.0 Beta 11

Hi -

Before purchasing, I need to see if this will work for my needs.

I need a form for a photo contest. The form must have a series of fields that the member will complete and then upload a jpg.

The member must receive a response when they submit the form acknowledging that the form was submitted. Ideally, they would then be added to a specific user group.

Their form answers and the attachment must be added to a private forum as a post. I should be able to download their attached jpg at that point.

Will this add-on do this? Thanks and Happy New Year!

@ArtG

Yes, it does all of that.

Ideally, you can read the documentation first in order to see what this addon does. It has tons of settings and features. You can also test the addon on snogssite.

Hi - the agreement option does not generate the click box next to the question. Can you please look into this? Thanks.

Also, the upload file option is not working. It doesn't show up in the form. I'm on the latest version of XF.

Hi - the agreement option does not generate the click box next to the question. Can you please look into this? Thanks.
Screenshot?

Also, the upload file option is not working. It doesn't show up in the form. I'm on the latest version of XF.
Have you checked these:

1674925990407.webp

Also to remember that per form only 1 attachment button can be used and that is always on the buttom of the form.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 6.21.56 PM.webp
The above is an agreement text that doesn't have the square check box.

I am not attaching an upload to a thread or post. It is just emailing.

Screenshot?
I can confirm that there seems to be an issue with the agreement function.

1674954510491.png

The "Question or Header Phrase" is "Test Agreement" and is present but the "Description" text is missing as is the option to complete the agreement. If this is set to a required field, the form cannot be completed. (Agreement not met is the custom text set it in the "Question error" field for the form...)

Test Environment:
XF 2.2.12
Addon: 2.2.0 Beta 18
PHP: 8.1.14
NGINX
Error Log: None found.

We have no issues with the file attachment/upload function.

The above is an agreement text that doesn't have the square check box.
I can confirm that there seems to be an issue with the agreement function.
I see, thanks.
@Painbaker The "Agreement" question answer type seems to be bugged and not working.

I am not attaching an upload to a thread or post. It is just emailing.
That never worked as far as I know. See the "note" under the report options for emails.

1674957036383.webp

That never worked as far as I know. See the "note" under the report options for emails.
Hmm, I didn't see this fine print.

I guess my only option then is making the attachment post to a private forum thread, then.

Thanks.

Top Bottom