[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I think this is default XF behaviour @hello2029 . Everywhere where date pickers are used it works like that.

Also, I don't understand your situation.

How can the employees request a leave for dates in the past?

Also how can an end date be in the past relative to the start date? It makes no sense. You can't have your start date as thursday and have the end day monday 3 days ago.

Thank you!

The root of the problem lies in human input errors, which are quite common due to human fallibility. As I mentioned earlier, there are many instances of incorrect inputs.

Therefore, it is crucial to implement programming solutions that can reduce the occurrence of human error and prevent any potential issues.

Therefore, it is crucial to implement programming solutions that can reduce the occurrence of human error and prevent any potential issues.
And that is exactly what it does. It prevents you from potential issues by not letting you pick dates from the past.

My meaning is that the user can only select a vacation start date from the current day onwards, and the vacation end date must be after the selected start date. It is not possible to choose an end date that is before the start date.

For example, if the vacation start date is March 31st, 2023, the end date must be on or after March 31st, 2023 (if taking a half-day vacation). It is not possible to select March 30th, 2023 as the end date.

I understand but I don't think you are reading what I am asking.

How can a vacation start on March 31st and end on March 30th?

Is time traveling invented yet? :)

If it is a half-day vacation, then it is the same day, no? 31st to 31st.

I really don't get what the problem is. Maybe I don't understand.

I understand but I don't think you are reading what I am asking.

How can a vacation start on March 31st and end on March 30th?

Is time traveling invented yet? :)

If it is a half-day vacation, then it is the same day, no? 31st to 31st.

I really don't get what the problem is. Maybe I don't understand.

Start date of leave Mar 1, 2023

End date of leave Feb 28, 2023

@sbj Thank you.

I have selected the following dates: Start date of leave Mar 1, 2023 End date of leave Feb 28, 2023

However, the form allowed me to submit it without any error messages.

What I need is to configure the form to show an error message when the user enters incorrect dates, such as the example above.

Similar to booking a round-trip flight ticket, the form should prevent users from selecting a return date that is before the departure date, as well as prevent users from selecting a departure date that is in the past. The departure date must be from the current day onwards.

Ah, I now I understand.

I thought the date picker had a mechanism to prevent that and you wanted to disable that.

But the date picker doesn't have that mechanism and you ask to get it implemented. I see.

Well, the date picker is just a date picker. Since you created 2 separate questions with 2 date pickers, they are not aware of each other.

A "calendar" or "events" addon might be better suited for what you are looking then.

Dear all,

Thank you for this wonderful addon.

I would like to create a new topic in a specific node after the user submits a form. And in the post options, the user who submits the form can choose to be the poster.

Is this currently possible? If not, I think @Ozzy47 should consider adding this feature.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Edit-Form-Admin-control-panel.webp
    Edit-Form-Admin-control-panel.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
Screenshot 2023-03-31 094918.webp

Screenshot 2023-03-31 095004.webp

Dear All,

I need some assistance. In the form I created, there is an upload section, but it is not displaying. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Please provide further guidance.

View attachment 283893

View attachment 283894

Dear All,

I need some assistance. In the form I created, there is an upload section, but it is not displaying. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Please provide further guidance.

Did you check permissions to attach files?

Advanced Forms Dialogue said:
NOTE: If this is a File Upload answer type, these permissions for the user's user group MUST be set to 'Yes' for the forum the form is going to be posted in:
Post new thread
View attachments to posts
Upload attachments to posts

Thank you @ENF

My account is an Admin account, so I have set full permissions in the Group. Is there anything else I need to adjust? Please help me.
Ok, so I recreated this form on my test site and if the permission is wrong it shows this:

1680241409784.png

If the report is to be sent via email, (set under report type) the upload file function does not work for this.
1680241660070.png
If the report is to be sent via private conversation, it should be working.
If the report is set to be posted in a forum (thread/post format), it should be working.

Hope this helps.

Ok, so I recreated this form on my test site and if the permission is wrong it shows this:

View attachment 283898

If the report is to be sent via email, (set under report type) the upload file function does not work for this.
View attachment 283900
If the report is to be sent via private conversation, it should be working.
If the report is set to be posted in a forum (thread/post format), it should be working.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. After editing the report by creating a new topic, it appeared.

However, there is an issue that I want the person who creates the topic to be the one who submits the form. Is there any way to do this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-31 131700.webp
    Screenshot 2023-03-31 131700.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
The purpose is for you to understand the meaning of my form. It is a resignation letter, so I only want to grant access to the person who submits the form/creates the topic to see it, while other employees cannot. Each person can only see their own topic.

The purpose is for you to understand the meaning of my form. It is a resignation letter, so I only want to grant access to the person who submits the form/creates the topic to see it, while other employees cannot. Each person can only see their own topic.
You just need to turn off these in your user group settings for the specific forum where the topic is submitted: (it should be a dedicated area)

"Forum Permissions"
1680244976273.webp
Topic creators can see their own content but not the content of others. Administrators can be set to view the content via their own group.

However, there is an issue that I want the person who creates the topic to be the one who submits the form. Is there any way to do this?
You just need to leave the field blank here: (Form 'Report Type' > 'Thread Report Options')
The person submitting the form will be used as the posting party for the report/form created.

1680245159679.png

Screenshot 2023-03-31 140458.webp

Please add the option to choose Date and Time together, if possible.

Example: 31 Mar 2023 12:30

In my case, the employee will request a half-day off from 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM on the same day.

Top Bottom