[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Dear @Snog, could you please provide additional support for this add-on by adding a feature to select the date? It should have options to choose only past dates, only future dates, or any date as shown in the attached image. Additionally, it would be great to include a time selection feature as well.

6.2.2 Date picker
No additional settings to those 7 main base settings.

Screenshot 2023-07-06 185351.png

Admin-control-panel.png

Last edited:
Dear @Snog, could you please provide additional support for this add-on by adding a feature to select the date? It should have options to choose only past dates, only future dates, or any date as shown in the attached image. Additionally, it would be great to include a time selection feature as well
1. Adding features is outside the scope of "support." It is extra, and is considered and possibly added to the "wish list." It's taken as a thoughtful suggestion.

2. Snog retired a few years ago and handed off his products to ozzy47 of OzzModz.

-- James with OzzModz

1. Adding features is outside the scope of "support." It is extra, and is considered and possibly added to the "wish list." It's taken as a thoughtful suggestion.

2. Snog retired a few years ago and handed off his products to ozzy47 of OzzModz.

-- James with OzzModz

Thanks for your information. I think the function I suggested should be there.

Greetings. I am currently experiencing an issue with the addon. The forms that require a prefix selection are not functioning properly, and every time a user attempts to submit the form, they are presented with this issue:Screenshot 2023-07-14 200303.webp

I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you beforehand.

Greetings. I am currently experiencing an issue with the addon. The forms that require a prefix selection are not functioning properly, and every time a user attempts to submit the form, they are presented with this issue:View attachment 288585

I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you beforehand.
What version of the add on is this?

@sbj @Ozzy47

In regards to @Rodagave's post above, I did some extensive internal testing and found the following results.

1) With 2.2.0 RC5 - It was noted that the thread prefix selection does not actually apply to the thread report after submission despite being selected.
2) In certain circumstances, a server error was thrown, as shown below:

The errors below were thrown when selecting anything BUT the first prefix option in the list provided upon report submission.
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key 3 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Entity/Question.php:349
Generated by: AccountTest Aug 25, 2023 at 2:47 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Entity/Question.php(349): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 349)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Entity/Question.php(283): Snog\Forms\Entity\Question->getMultipleChoicesAnswer(Array, 'store')
#2 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1565): Snog\Forms\Entity\Question->getFormattedAnswer(Array, 'store')
#3 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(427): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->processAnswer(Array, Object(Snog\Forms\Entity\Form), Object(Snog\Forms\Entity\Question), Array, false, 1, Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "/form/testing-form-for-prefixes.18/submit"
  ["referrer"] => string(42) "https://internal.enf.jp/form/18/select"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/form/testing-form-for-prefixes_18/submit"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["question"] => array(3) {
      [214] => string(11) "Form Test 2"
      [215] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(1) "4"
      }
      ["216_html"] => string(20) "<p>Test Report 2</p>"
    }
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/form/18/select"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key 2 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Entity/Question.php:349
Generated by: AccountTest Aug 25, 2023 at 2:48 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Entity/Question.php(349): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 349)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Entity/Question.php(283): Snog\Forms\Entity\Question->getMultipleChoicesAnswer(Array, 'store')
#2 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(1565): Snog\Forms\Entity\Question->getFormattedAnswer(Array, 'store')
#3 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(427): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->processAnswer(Array, Object(Snog\Forms\Entity\Form), Object(Snog\Forms\Entity\Question), Array, false, 1, Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "/form/testing-form-for-prefixes.18/submit"
  ["referrer"] => string(42) "https://internal.enf.jp/form/18/select"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/form/testing-form-for-prefixes_18/submit"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["question"] => array(3) {
      [214] => string(11) "Form Test 2"
      [215] => array(1) {
        [0] => string(1) "3"
      }
      ["216_html"] => string(20) "<p>Test Report 2</p>"
    }
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/form/18/select"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

With PHP 8.0 series, the errors above were easy to replicate but in PHP 8.1 series, the form would submit without error but prefixes were not applied to the report threads as shown below:
1692943386598.png

Additional Notes:
It was also interesting to note that if we selected the first prefix option in a list of options, the report would be processed but yet with no prefix actually applied to the resulting thread report. If we selected prefix #2, 3 or 4 in the option list, the server error would be thrown as demonstrated above.

• We have thoroughly inspected the permissions for user accounts, prefixes and their allowed usage in specific forums and the related forums they were to be used upon.
  • We have tested with current and past versions of both XF and PHP (based on the above posts earlier)
  • The forms were correctly setup to enter the prefixes
  • The test platform was a vanilla install of XF 2.2.x with no other addons installed.
  • Tested on a live production site with PHP 8.0.x, errors were easy to reproduce.
  • PHP 8.1.x testing site -- form would submit, without the same error as shown on a PHP 8.0.x site. (but yet, prefix was not applied)

Could you kindly investigate this specific situation and use of prefixes and advise?

Last edited:
Is there a way to add a description below a header phrase? I have different "sections" of a form that I'd like an individual to fill out, but would like to give context near each "section" vs jamming it altogether at the top or bottom of the form.

Cheers!

Does this integrate with the onboarding flow?
If you're talking about a new user onboarding when they register, then no. You can have a secondary process that a user can complete where you can trigger promotions based on approval or a instant promotion after completing the form. (example: create a notice, requesting the user to complete the next step in the onboarding process and direct them to a form to fill out, etc.)
Is there a way to add a description below a header phrase? I have different "sections" of a form that I'd like an individual to fill out, but would like to give context near each "section" vs jamming it altogether at the top or bottom of the form.

Cheers!
You can use the Header Phrase option in the question list and place it wherever you want in the question list. You can place this section above each section you'd like to explain.

1695083857761.png

If you're talking about a new user onboarding when they register, then no. You can have a secondary process that a user can complete where you can trigger promotions based on approval or a instant promotion after completing the form. (example: create a notice, requesting the user to complete the next step in the onboarding process and direct them to a form to fill out, etc.)

You can use the Header Phrase option in the question list and place it wherever you want in the question list. You can place this section above each section you'd like to explain.

View attachment 291237
The problem is the text is large and doesn't support html for formatting. Was hoping there was a header description for text.

The problem is the text is large and doesn't support html for formatting. Was hoping there was a header description for text.
I see. That doesn’t exist in its current form. Hmm… I’ll have to look at some of our more complicated forms and see what we have done.

Hello,

My users can't seem to upload files with the file option on a form they were filling out and it comes back to them as this. They're usually brand new when filling out this form as well but their accounts were verified and the only criteria selected is that users are logged in, which they were.

1695713058530.webp
1695713230424.webp

I can upload things just fine on my end, but that's also because I'm super administration. I'm sure it's something simple but it's just not working for a lot of people and I'm not sure how to fix it.
I'm using;
  • Xenforo Version: 2.2.13
  • Addon Version: 2.2.0 Release Candidate 4
  • PHP version: 7.4.33

My users can't seem to upload files with the file option on a form they were filling out and it comes back to them as this. They're usually brand new when filling out this form as well but their accounts were verified and the only criteria selected is that users are logged in, which they were.
As the error states, for the area where the form is being posted to... do users have rights to add attachments to posts?
The form criteria doesn't override the standard permissions for XF Users/Usergroups, etc. I'd check those permissions... even create a test user and step through the process as a non-admin to ensure permissions are set correctly.

Addon Version: 2.2.0 Release Candidate 4
Not related, probably, but there is one newer version available. (RC5)

As the error states, for the area where the form is being posted to... do users have rights to add attachments to posts?
The form criteria doesn't override the standard permissions for XF Users/Usergroups, etc. I'd check those permissions... even create a test user and step through the process as a non-admin to ensure permissions are set correctly.

Not related, probably, but there is one newer version available. (RC5)
Fiddling with the permissions seems to have worked! Thanks for the help

Reactions: ENF
Just curious if anyone's used this add-on for quizzes on their forum? There don't appear to be any other add-ons specific to the purpose of member quizzes but I think Advanced Forms could work.

One feature I'd want though would be the ability to place a time limit on users responding to a quiz (i.e., filling out a form). Maybe there's some code I could add myself that would automatically submit the form after a certain amount of time? @Ozzy47, wondering this is a feature you'd consider adding or if you'd otherwise consider adding quiz-focused functionality?

Just curious if anyone's used this add-on for quizzes on their forum? There don't appear to be any other add-ons specific to the purpose of member quizzes but I think Advanced Forms could work.

One feature I'd want though would be the ability to place a time limit on users responding to a quiz (i.e., filling out a form). Maybe there's some code I could add myself that would automatically submit the form after a certain amount of time? @Ozzy47, wondering this is a feature you'd consider adding or if you'd otherwise consider adding quiz-focused functionality?

The forms don't have a timeout feature except where you can set start/stop dates for each form. There are limiting features for each form, such as once-per-user submission.

Combined with the conditional answers part of the form, I think you could probably create something pretty close to what you are envisioning.

1695948792153.png

We've not used this form system for the purpose you're intending, but it I believe it could potentially work. I think the only sticking point would be how to tally the quizzes since each form submitted is either sent as a private message or a thread into a selected forum on your site.

Top Bottom