[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Regarding the "stable" issue please read this. You can download the latest version and use it.

Also people who blindly upgrade to PHP 8 without checking if addons are compatible yet are at fault here. You can't just blindly upgrade to such a major version and expect all addons working perfectly. You have to wait for the devs to support it first.

@sbj ok that is nice to hear......how tho? ...you didnt actually explain....your link is not helpful.

of course blindly upgrading to php8 without testing can be problematic.....my point is, php 8 has been out for kind of a while now, and it appears we are still not being offered a stable version with this, for quite some time, 20 beta versions and however long its been.....i even saw a comment on the snog site about other people being upset to not have this option of version choice....

it just seems odd to me, for a policy... i still think i must be overlooking something but i cant find it.

take as long as you need to get the code right, i know xen 2.3 is coming too so this is a bit of an ugly situation.....but at the least make sure we can have access to a stable version is all right......basic as basic can be.....i gotta be missing it.....

regards

I don't understand your problem.

The current version is stable. You can safely use the latest version on your production sites. It just says "beta" because tons of new features were added to the addon. I do use it, so do many others. This addon doesn't change default XF core stuff anyway. Which means even if there is a bug or a problem, it only affects the addon. All other areas of your forum will work flawlessly in any case.

The PHP 8 problem is a different problem. The latest update to the addon already tries to make it compatible with PHP 8.1.
So, it is not like the addon wasn't updated at all. But just since PHP 8 is so new, it might still have bug issues which is why the addon calls its all releases as "beta" so just to be sure. But 99% safe to use anyway. If there are errors or bugs, just report it. As far as I know all reported stuff was resolved.

ok...so it is stable, just not on php8?
i can work with that, but i still have mixed feelings being told it is stable but just to report all the bugs and errors....
i guess we will see, maybe i can help inch it along some...

still dont understand why you all dont just allow downloads of older, more stable versions....like most product cases you ever see...
what are php8 users to do? php8 has been out for about 2 years now, its not exactly jumping the gun anymore......its just weird i dont understand the solution i suppose lol, but i thank you for the information sbj.

@sbj says all whats top say to this theme and your question at this point.

Your problem is, that you use no staging frame to test new add-on under yout conditions first bevore you use it productiv. Thats only your fault and you should work on it and try to learn how xenforo staging works so you can test addons a save way.

No one knows your exact configuration and settings so no one can say securly it works for you or not - so best for you will be to learn about staging and testing by self. :-)

just because i want to know about why this addon has been in beta for a VERY long time, with no ACTUAL stable version available for download....

does not mean that i never tried setting up a test enviro before.......or that i never used one...or that i dont in fact setup and use extensive test stages already etc.....

thanks for telling me what my problems are without knowing anything about me tho, thats helpful lol...

ok...so it is stable, just not on php8?
i can work with that, but i still have mixed feelings being told it is stable but just to report all the bugs and errors....
i guess we will see, maybe i can help inch it along some...

still dont understand why you all dont just allow downloads of older, more stable versions....like most product cases you ever see...
what are php8 users to do? php8 has been out for about 2 years now, its not exactly jumping the gun anymore......its just weird i dont understand the solution i suppose lol, but i thank you for the information sbj.
I haven't tested on PHP 8 which is why I can't speak for PHP8. But the lastest update addressed a fix for PHP 8.1.

Also if you look at other XF addons and threads, all of them have to be re-tested and fixed for PHP 8. It is a general problem.

Secondly, of course you can report all bugs and errors. This is why this thread is here. It is the support thread of the addon. And unlike other addons you get support for the addon. Other addons ignore you but here we literally respond to you and if you find any problems, just report them and they will be fixed. Not sure what else we can do here?

Your problem is like many other people you guys don't read older messages. Just go 10 pages back and read this thread to see if the addon is stable, if it is supported, etc. And if you do that you will understand the situation.

And the last official "stable" version was 18 months ago. Since then the ownership changed and it had 15+ updates. The addon got tons of new features for free basically since you don't have to pay fees (lifetime licenses). But since so many new stuff was added, there still might be problems which haven't been found yet so it is "beta". In any case, the addon is rock solid for years now.

Last edited:
ive been working on forums for about 20 years, i dont need you all to tell me how normal it is that addons get updated time to time......or that i need to use a test site....

or how well supported this is and how quick you all are while there is a post a month old here claiming they cant even view a form.....

your last update you are bragging on.......was in january......sorry to break the reality bubble, thats where i live tho idk....

i dont need to go back 10 pages to learn something is stable, when it has a "not minor" error reported on the last page that was ignored a month ago....

all this talking nonsense its still not really made this clear......

1. is the beta version stable on php74?........ie. does not have major errors preventing viewing or using forms, basic functionality etc....kind of stable...
2. what option do users have for upgrading in a modern environment? when will this be supported?

see we are not even on the 2.1 version with this.......but it feels like we are given no upgrade options beside the beta, which CLEARLY is working differently for people in the current state.....or in some cases not at all.....

i am purely amazed there is no stable version available for a year and a half.....i have not rushed to upgrade php8, but i can see that upgrading our server is not even really an option until this addon is fixed....

people test in diff enviros with diff versions of software etc......why not simply let your customers download older versions? i understood this as somewhat common practice like how xenforo and many others do.....if 2.1 is stable, like for real......why cant i use that?

The addon is stable for a year and a half. It just says BETA, it doesnt say "not stable".

The addon works for 5 years now. Not sure how much more "stable" it can be.

Simply downloading it and testing it on your local environment (xampp) takes you 10 minutes to see it for yourself if you don't believe it.

There is not more I can say here.

If you mean to put a form to be filled out in an existing post,
Is this possible now?
I'm looking for a way to embed a contact form in the upgrades template.

I can add an Iframe of course, but then I also get the navbar, sidebar etc.

It's it possible to integrate form reports or promotions to the badges add-on? We'd like to award one of a set of badges based on criteria filled out in the form automatically, if possible.

Is this possible now?
I'm looking for a way to embed a contact form in the upgrades template.

I can add an Iframe of course, but then I also get the navbar, sidebar etc.
Should be possible now.

1661250679568.webp

Just add it as a widget, enter the widget key, select the form and then use the widget key in your template.

Should be possible now.

Just add it as a widget, enter the widget key, select the form and then use the widget key in your template.
the current version we have installed is 2.0.35.
Is it safe to install the last version?

I am building a google maps link based on the forms entries. The address gets collected over multiple address inputs.
I collected the Street, then the city, state, zip, country in previous fields. I was hoping to reference them as {A2} {A3}
etc.

Report format:
Code:
{question}{answer}[URL=https://www.google.com/maps/place/{A2}+{A3}+{A4}+{A5}+{answer}]Show on map[/URL]

and the output was:
Code:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/%7BA2%7D+%7BA3%7D+%7BA4%7D+%7BA5%7D+USA
or

Is there a better way to get this done?

Top Bottom