[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
May I suggest adding some multiple-choice score mechanisms?
It would allow Advanced Forms to be more than just forms. Think about quizzes, exams, etc...

Seems like this add-on is not compatible with:

Questions in admincp and forums are not shown anymore.

Code:
TypeError: Macro admin:snog_forms_question_list :: question() error: Argument 1 passed to Truonglv\UserSmilies\Data\Renderer::setContent() must be an instance of XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity or null, string given, called in -/-/forums/src/addons/Truonglv/UserSmilies/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php on line 31
src/addons/Truonglv/UserSmilies/Data/Renderer.php:31
Code:
#0 src/addons/Truonglv/UserSmilies/XF/SubContainer/BbCode.php(31): Truonglv\UserSmilies\Data\Renderer->setContent('')
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(2379): Truonglv\UserSmilies\XF\SubContainer\BbCode->render('test', 'html', '', '', Array)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1128): XF\Template\Templater->fnBbCode(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), false, 'test', '', '')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/snog_forms_question_list.php(121): XF\Template\Templater->func('bb_code', Array, false)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('snog_forms_ques...', 'question', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\MacroState))
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/snog_forms_question_list.php(250): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro(NULL, 'question', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#8 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('snog_forms_ques...', Array, true, NULL)
#9 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('admin:snog_form...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('Snog:Forms\\Ques...', 'admin:snog_form...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#15 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#17 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#18 {main}

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.2 Update 2.2.0 Beta 18

danger GIF
Warning Sign GIF

Now That Ive got your attention:
This is a beta release, take a full backup before installing on a production site. Optimally try it out on a test site that is a replication of your live site before installing on the live site. It has had limited testing.

Changelog:
  • Updated league/csv library...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How do I get the latest stable version ? When I click the download my addons link it just gives me the option for 2.2 beta 18

My current XF version is v2.2.6 Patch 2 and will be updating to 2.2.8 Patch 1 shortly.

Greetings. I am currently using the Beta Release .18, and I am unable to import the .XML files. I get to export the forms successfully, although at the time I want to import them, it says I must provide a valid .xml file.

Apart from that, I am currently unable to select prefixes on my forms. I’ve made sure that the nodes have the proper permissions for the prefixes, though once you select one on the form, and try to submit it afterwards, it won’t be submitted with the actual prefix.

Greetings. I am currently using the Beta Release .18, and I am unable to import the .XML files.
Same here. I am able to import a form settings, but none of the questions get imported with it (though they are in the XML file)

Edit: Seems they all get imported as "Default Questions" - but if then try to add then to a form, they lose all their conditionals.

We use forms for entries into photo contests. We report to a thread, then add a poll and off we go.

One thing that would be extremely helpful would be to "obscure" the original uploaded filename(s). Users sometimes embed their name or some other identifying information into the filename(s). To fix that, we have to download the attached image, rename the file, and reattach. With sometimes hundreds of entries to process, that can be a pain. Honestly, after over a year of using the addon, that's really the only improvement I can imagine. It's awesome!

On a moderator form, when accepting the user isn't being made a moderator of the chosen forum.

Everything else is done properly (added to moderating group, set as a staff member)

Q:
1646334728645.webp

Promotion Options:
1646334767393.webp

I'm trying to show a single form to both members and guests. I've tried the Privileges and Status approach as well as user groups. I can show the form to one or the other groups, but not a single form to both. I'd rather not make 2 separate forms. Thoughts?

Attachments

• form1.webp
    form1.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 5
  • form2.webp
    form2.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
That's how it's set up now. Even checking "Publicly Visible" along with those settings doesn't work.

I upgraded the addon from 2.1 to 2.2.0 Beta 18 and this form was created on the old version. I wonder if that's the issue... EDIT - nope, same behavior on a fresh form.

Attachments

• form1.webp
    form1.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
OK a little progress.. viewing the form was a simple XF permission problem as guests were not set to see any forms. Now both can see it, but submitting by both is not possible. I can set it so that guests OR logged on users can submit.

In more simple terms, with this configuration:

form2.webp

Neither Guests nor logged on members can submit the form. Is that behavior as intended @Ozzy47 ?

You didn't listen to me. I said to use the 2nd way. Your 2nd screenshot is the correct way to include members and guests. (it also says it in the documentation)

This one.

1648682242029.png

The other way won't work because it asks a user to be a guest AND logged in at the same time. And this is not possible.

This one.

1648682525796.png

Also, your question is actually not related to this addon but is a core XF thing. So it is "intended" by design by XF, not by this addon.

User criteria is a XF core feature. And people usually have problems with it because it is not very clear how it works.

To explain it to you, the criteria system is based on "AND" principle (with exception). So whatever you pick as a criteria, if you pick more than one criteria, then it becomes an "AND" clause. So criteria x AND y must be met to work.

But a visitor can't be at the same time logged in AND be a guest. It can be one or the other. A member can't be a guest, as it is logged in. A guest can't be logged in. But in your criteria you ask the person to meet both criterias, which doesn't work.

The exception is that you have to use the 2nd way described. As you can see in the description it says "any of the selected usergroups". That one alone works based on "OR" principle. So it is enough for a user to meet one of the criterias. So picking "registered" and "unregistered" covers all cases.

This is a bit confusing because in all the other areas the criteria system is based on AND, but inside this one criteria it is based on OR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom