Fixed Out of memory errors when viewing the Online members list

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
A bug has been identified in XenForo Media Gallery 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 which may, with larger galleries, trigger memory limit related errors while viewing the Online users page.

The issue has been resolved and the fix has been applied to the XenForo Media Gallery 1.0.3 download package.

If you happen to be affected, please re-download the XFMG 1.0.3 files from your customer area. Specifically the fix has been applied to this file:

library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php

It is possible. The OOM errors were caused by the loading of XFMG session activity details. We did change that code in XFMG 1.0.2. Unfortunately at the time we had a lack of information and you reported the error had gone away hence we couldn't see that the issue was related. As I said to you before, if the problem continued you needed to let us know so we could look into it further.

One last question: how did you managed to identify the cause of the OOM? It was impossible to me to find the root cause of the problem because my php.log didnt contain much information about the offending script.

How I can identify the cause of OOMs in the future? How you were able to identify that the problem was in Abstract.php if the logs didnt told you anything?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Step 1 is to find a reproduction case which we failed to do originally when you reported it. It started working as expected so there was no evidence of a problem so we had no reason to believe a bug existed.

Someone else was reporting an issue with their Online users page, for them it was happening every time. Once we could reproduce it, we were able to use Debug mode to find the exact problem.

Top Bottom