Logged In Members Getting Out of Memory Error, But Guests Can View The Site

@Floren - this is what my server admin has said:

I have been investigating this issue and it seems strange that you would see that error. The reason being is that your php memory limit is set to 132MB but that error is suggesting it is only set to 72MB. I wonder if that is a local configuration for what ever process was trying to access Mysqli.php? Also I have restarted Apache and have yet to see the error. Can you confirm that the error is no longer appearing for you? If the error is still appearing then we will have to discover why the limit is being set to 77MB for that particular php file.
---------------

One way to fix this, as advised earlier in this thread, is to update my config.php file. Do you think I need to do that explicitly?

There is ONLY one manner to set the PHP memory limit... and that is not through an application.
Create an .ini file into /etc/php.d or if you run php-fpm, into www.conf file. Do NOT edit php.ini like everyone else who has this very bad habit.

Last edited:
There is ONLY one manner to set the PHP memory limit... and that is not through an application.
Create an .ini file into /etc/php.d or if you run php-fpm, into www.conf file. Do NOT edit php.ini like everyone else who has this very bad habit.
He said it because our php memory is set to 132 MB, while the error was showing that mysqli.php exhausted all of 77 MB. I was bit confused.

PS: I think we can set it up from the WHM. Do you recommend that?

cPanel is always the source of crazy stuff, not to mention consuming precious resources. Why do you need it?

cPanel is always the source of crazy stuff. Why do you need it?
Just bit nervous about working from the command line. That's a lame answer; but I've ended up some real crazy time fixing stuff in the past. I do seriously think about removing it though.

Just bit nervous about working from the command line. That's a lame answer; but I've ended up some real crazy time fixing stuff in the past. I do seriously think about removing it though.
I've had more headaches dealing with fixing stuff on sites for people that use cPanel. Could have done it much faster at the CL than through the panel. Of course, that's because I avoid the panels like the plague and am not "real" familiar with them.

I've had more headaches dealing with fixing stuff on sites for people that use cPanel. Could have done it much faster at the CL than through the panel. Of course, that's because I avoid the panels like the plague and am not "real" familiar with them.
I'd not disagree. One simple use case for the WHM is that we can install/uninstall litespeed (through a plugin) and even switch to apache with a click of a button. It saves time for me when things go wrong - and I don't have to keep looking for the right command.

Top Bottom