XF 1.5 not happy with upgrade

3d Dental

Why do we have to revert changes and then go back and do them again!

It was years since I made changes....now reverting templates and site looks stupid now.

Why force us to do this extra work?

Makes upgrading really not fun and big waste of time for me!

Now I need help and willing to pay for it.

Are you talking about the upgrade to 2.0?

2.0 is a major rewrite of the software so compatibility wasn’t achievable.

There wouldn’t be any outdated templates though. Nor any need to revert or delete anything. Some of your colour palette from your existing style might have been ported across so maybe that is a factor. Otherwise, an XF2 upgrade should basically look like this site - the default XF2 style.

Can you provide screenshots of the issues you’re referring to specifically?

I paid yesterday for upgrade

I installed myself. (Even though I paid for pro install)

It looks like 1.5.15 is running now.

Sorry, I do not have 2.0.

I just figured I had the most recent update that I bought yesterday....but apparently not.

??

I was at 1.5.10 yesterday...

and for past year I had the same message that templates were out of date and to fix by hand.....whatever that means?

I ignored it for full year.

Yesterday upgraded.

Of course, same outdated template message...

Are you talking about the upgrade to 2.0?

2.0 is a major rewrite of the software so compatibility wasn’t achievable.

There wouldn’t be any outdated templates though. Nor any need to revert or delete anything. Some of your colour palette from your existing style might have been ported across so maybe that is a factor. Otherwise, an XF2 upgrade should basically look like this site - the default XF2 style.

Can you provide screenshots of the issues you’re referring to specifically?

I had a Style that I customized.
Wanted to use same Style after the upgrade. (Both last year and again just today)

I installed myself. (Even though I paid for pro install)
Submit a ticket about this, we will get that sorted for you. Also, are you aware that you own two XF licenses? Was that intentional? Again, open a ticket to discuss, we can't really go into details here.

However, to get this particular style issue resolved, I can only recommend you contact the designers of that style. What may seem like a complicated situation to resolve on your own, may well be something they can provide a fix for (most designers release new versions of their styles periodically, so chances are you just need to install their update).

I log in as customer....see my products....choose upgrade or something like that.

Never saw any option for 2.0 anything.

?

I just bought the One and only thing there to buy!

?

forking upgrade....

I would pay anything for phone support!!!

I hate submit a ticket and enter all needed garbage to log into my stuff

teamviewer or phone is so much faster and easier for me. (As a Medical business owner and not a software developer)

Customer service from Xenforo has a lot to be improved on.

Charge money for this! I am not asking for free help here.

forking upgrade....

I would pay anything for phone support!!!

I hate submit a ticket and enter all needed garbage to log into my stuff
Just to be clear, I've invited you to submit a ticket (it's the same log in details as you used to download the update) so that we might be able to return some money to you for services you paid for which you haven't used (because you didn't request for the service to be completed).

Even if we had telephone support or otherwise, because your specific issue is with a custom style (and one based on a third party one, at that) we wouldn't be able to provide support for it anyway.

teamviewer or phone is so much faster and easier for me. (As a Medical business owner and not a software developer)
As it's issues with your custom style, the original designers of that style may be able to extend that level of support to you. The issues you're currently experiencing aren't related to the software itself, so we can't be of much assistance there.

Customer service from Xenforo has a lot to be improved on.

Charge money for this! I am not asking for free help here.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not sure many people would agree with you based on the feedback we've seen. We try our best to help when we can and when there are genuine issues with the software.

Two license.....sure why not?

I have no idea what I am doing and wish to place all future orders by phone so I buy the correct damn thing.

I would have paid extra for this ability!

Absolutely not asking you to fumble around looking for the answers yourself.

I have directed you towards the people who may be able to help, which is the designers of your original style, which looks to be Pixel Exit (@Russ or @Steve F).

As you have just upgraded from 1.5.10 to 1.5.15, these gentlemen might have an update for your base style which may resolve some of the issues for you.

I follow this instructions....trying to be smart and do it myself....

4. Post-Upgrade Checks
After you complete an upgrade, you should ensure that your template and phrase modifications are up to date.
  1. Log in to the XenForo admin control panel.
  2. Click on the Appearance tab.
  3. Look at the Outdated Templates and Outdated Phrases pages.
We currently recommend that you revert any outdated templates or phrases, and redo your customizations. Alternatively, in XenForo 1.2, you can use the template merging options to quickly update your template edits.
You should also confirm the integrity of all uploaded files.
  1. Log in to the XenForo admin control panel.
  2. Click on the Tools tab.
  3. Click on File Health Check from the list on the left hand side.
This tool will confirm whether all the appropriate files are in place and contain the correct contents. If any problems are detected, you will be alerted to the error.

To suggest that I manually revert outdated templates (would take 500 clicks and a bit of time) then redo all my customizations?

Stupid! I started that and then realized what was happening and I do not remember the changes I made years ago....now have no backup of that.

Instructions are poop for me. Screw43ed me up and now I have to get back to real work.

@#$%^#!

Please see the comments I've already made with regards to what to do next:
However, to get this particular style issue resolved, I can only recommend you contact the designers of that style. What may seem like a complicated situation to resolve on your own, may well be something they can provide a fix for (most designers release new versions of their styles periodically, so chances are you just need to install their update).
As it's issues with your custom style, the original designers of that style may be able to extend that level of support to you. The issues you're currently experiencing aren't related to the software itself, so we can't be of much assistance there.
I have directed you towards the people who may be able to help, which is the designers of your original style, which looks to be Pixel Exit (@Russ or @Steve F).

As you have just upgraded from 1.5.10 to 1.5.15, these gentlemen might have an update for your base style which may resolve some of the issues for you.

Xenforo upgrade instructions are not good.

Fix that.

Thanks!

Then, next time I may have better instructions to follow that would not waste my time and create a mess of my Style.

Does that make sense to you? It does to me!

Last edited:
Top Bottom