Not getting 404 errors...

XenForo works by intercepting your 404s and attempting to direct them to its own systems. What you are seeing there is effectively XenForo's own 404.

AAHH... so the 404 page that I am seeing is "debug mode" 404.

Well don't I feel stupid now, lol.

Any chance we can get debug mode to ONLY work for admins? :)

What about a "Unique DEBUG Cookie" ?
It would be possible to set this in the acp, and to check in the config.php if it is set

Bumping as I had the same initial query as robdog. :oops:

When not in debug mode, would it be possible to redirect 404 to the main page instead?

.. and/or is there a template we can modify to have our own fun little 404 message?

(And Kevin also makes a big mental note to make sure he does not have debug mode turned on with any of the public facing installs...)

You can edit your htaccess file to process the 404 before XenForo does.
I've already tried modifying the .htaccess file that comes with XF to change the 404 value to another page but no luck, I just keep getting the stock XF page.

(Or I was half-asleep when I tried and made a bad edit; will try again this weekend.)

XF needs to handle every request, as none of the rewritten requests exist as files. So you can't use a 404 handler on it.

What you're looking for is XenForo_ControllerPublic_Error::actionErrorNotFound.

XF needs to handle every request, as none of the rewritten requests exist as files. So you can't use a 404 handler on it.

What you're looking for is XenForo_ControllerPublic_Error::actionErrorNotFound.
Thanks, Mike. Now I just have to go figure out what that means entirely.... :X3:

Top Bottom