Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Hey, just installed this addon and I created a "Link forum" to another website and I don't want it to appear in my /forums/, how can I do that?
Thank you.

Just installed this addon and its very helpful. Thank you for that.

Only question i have is if its possible to make the Main Tab (in your Example Main Category) not clickable?
Mine always redirects me to the Main Forum View.
Or is possible to redirect it to a different location inside my Forum?
Not sure yet if that is possible too?

Found my Answer, sorry

Last edited:
It appears this is the only "easy" way of making my tabs highlighted when you are actually on the page the tab is linked to. My only "issue" with using Nodes as Tabs is that I cannot find a fix the for the link that it makes for the tab. For instance the tab's real link for the page to load mysite.com/help/how-to-post. However, the actual link that is associated with the tab, for instance when you hover over it in your status bar at the bottom of a browser, is mysite.com/help/how-to-post.12 and I am guessing this is because of how this plugin builds the tabs corrects? It assigned an ID to each one, in this case .12 ? Anyone have a workaround for this or is this just how it is? I am just making a create new link forum to go to a different page on my forum.

It appears this is the only "easy" way of making my tabs highlighted when you are actually on the page the tab is linked to. My only "issue" with using Nodes as Tabs is that I cannot find a fix the for the link that it makes for the tab. For instance the tab's real link for the page to load mysite.com/help/how-to-post. However, the actual link that is associated with the tab, for instance when you hover over it in your status bar at the bottom of a browser, is mysite.com/help/how-to-post.12 and I am guessing this is because of how this plugin builds the tabs corrects? It assigned an ID to each one, in this case .12 ? Anyone have a workaround for this or is this just how it is? I am just making a create new link forum to go to a different page on my forum.

Link-forums function as redirects. The target of the link-forum is not revealed in the actual anchor. That is the normal behavior for link-forums.

If you want to change the visible URL of the link-forum then you can use a route filter:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/route-filters.47946/

This works great but.. how would i get 2 link forums to work? For some reason its not working for me. I can only get 1 working.

I added the script 2 times

Code:
<script>
window.onload = function()
{
    $('.nodetab1 a.navLink').attr('target','_blank');
};
</script>

<script>
{
    $('.nodetab2 a.navLink').attr('target','_blank');
};
</script>

Oh. I think I understand what you are trying to do. You want a nav tab that opens the overlay.

That will actually require a template edit since overlay links need special code that is not in the extraTabs skeleton.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> navigation

Near the bottom, add the red code:

Rich (BB code):
        <!-- extra tabs: end -->
        <xen:if is="{$extraTabs.end}">
        <xen:foreach loop="$extraTabs.end" key="$extraTabId" value="$extraTab">
            <xen:if is="{$extraTab.linksTemplate}">
                <li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}</a>
                <a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$extraTab.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">
                    <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                        <h3>{$extraTab.title}</h3>
                        <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                    </div>
                    {xen:raw $extraTab.linksTemplate}
                </div>
            </li>
            <xen:else />
                <li class="navTab {$extraTabId} {xen:if $extraTab.selected, 'selected', 'PopupClosed'}">
                    <a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="navLink">{$extraTab.title}</a>
                    <xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
                </li>
            </xen:if>
        </xen:foreach>

<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link misc/quick-navigation-menu, '', 'selected={$quickNavSelected}'}" class="navLink OverlayTrigger jumpMenuTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="true">QUICKMENU</a></li>

<!-- no selection -->
        <xen:if is="!{$selectedTab}">
            <li class="navTab selected"><div class="tabLinks"></div></li>

</ul>

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><xen:include template="navigation_visitor_tab" /></xen:if>
</div>

<span class="helper"></span>

</nav>   
    </div>
</div>

Can I do something like that with contact link to open in overlay?

This works great but.. how would i get 2 link forums to work? For some reason its not working for me. I can only get 1 working.

I added the script 2 times

Code:
<script>
{
};
</script>

<script>
{
};
</script>

You would have to combine them into one onload function:

Code:
<script>
{
};
</script>

Nodes as tabs is awesome in that you can create any kind of node even a link forum and set it as a tab, you can also set all of its children to be the links in the drop down. With the options setup in the addon you can even take nodes that are not even in the same family tree and create links for those nodes (not visible in the forum list) and place those as children of the node tab.

So technically yes since link forum basically kind of creates a node that is a link you can essentially make any link you need in a node tab.

Can you please explain me this Option? "Check Node Permissions"
Is it possible to set up witch player can see a Node Tab?

and is it possible to set a target="_blank"

Last edited:
Top Bottom