Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
I have been using a nat links template to access selected admin areas for a long time now and it is a great blessing.
All the URLs are hard coded full URLs because when I first made this I did not know about xen link.

I just went to 'beautify' them by replacing them with the xen link code. This did not work.

This works:
Code:
<!-- OPTIONS -->
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'http://www.mysite.com/forum/admin.php?options/'}" target="_blank">Options</a></li>

This doesn't work.
Code:
<!-- OPTIONS -->
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'admin.php?options/'}" target="_blank">Options</a></li>

I get error when I click the link to check. Why? It's still a directory on that same filepath that xen link uses.

That is not supported by the skeleton for extraTabs, but you can do it with javascript:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> page_container_js_body

Add the red code. Change the 1 to the node_id of the tab:

Rich (BB code):
<script>
window.onload = function()
{
 $('.nodetab1 a.navLink').attr('target','_blank');
};
</script>

<script>

<xen:hook name="page_container_js_body">
jQuery.extend(true, XenForo,
{
visitor: { user_id: {$visitor.user_id} },
serverTimeInfo:
{
now: {$serverTimeInfo.now},
today: {$serverTimeInfo.today},
todayDow: {$serverTimeInfo.todayDow}
},
_lightBoxUniversal: "{$xenOptions.lightBoxUniversal}",
_enableOverlays: "@enableOverlays",
_animationSpeedMultiplier: "@animationSpeedMultiplier",
_overlayConfig:
{
top: "@overlayTop",
speed: {xen:calc '@overlaySpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'},
closeSpeed: {xen:calc '@overlayCloseSpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'},
mask:
{
color: "@overlayMaskColor",
opacity: "@overlayMaskOpacity",
loadSpeed: {xen:calc '@overlaySpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'},
closeSpeed: {xen:calc '@overlayCloseSpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'}
}
},
_ignoredUsers: {xen:helper json, $visitor.ignoredUsers},
_loadedScripts: {/*<!--XenForo_Required_Scripts-->*/},
_cookieConfig: { path: "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.cookieConfig.path}", domain: "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.cookieConfig.domain}", prefix: "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.cookieConfig.prefix}"},
_csrfToken: "{xen:jsescape $visitor.csrf_token_page}",
_csrfRefreshUrl: "{xen:jsescape {xen:link login/csrf-token-refresh}}",
_jsVersion: "{$xenOptions.jsVersion}"
});
jQuery.extend(XenForo.phrases,
{
cancel: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase cancel}}",

a_moment_ago:    "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase a_moment_ago}}",
one_minute_ago:  "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase one_minute_ago}}",
x_minutes_ago:  "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase x_minutes_ago, 'minutes=%minutes%'}}",
today_at_x:      "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase today_at_x, 'time=%time%'}}",
yesterday_at_x:  "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase yesterday_at_x, 'time=%time%'}}",
day_x_at_time_y: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_x_at_time_y, 'day=%day%', 'time=%time%'}}",

day0: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_sunday}}",
day1: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_monday}}",
day2: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_tuesday}}",
day3: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_wednesday}}",
day4: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_thursday}}",
day5: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_friday}}",
day6: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_saturday}}",

_months: "{xen:jsescape '{xen:phrase month_1},{xen:phrase month_2},{xen:phrase month_3},{xen:phrase month_4},{xen:phrase month_5},{xen:phrase month_6},{xen:phrase month_7},{xen:phrase month_8},{xen:phrase month_9},{xen:phrase month_10},{xen:phrase month_11},{xen:phrase month_12}'}",
_daysShort: "{xen:jsescape '{xen:phrase day_sunday_short},{xen:phrase day_monday_short},{xen:phrase day_tuesday_short},{xen:phrase day_wednesday_short},{xen:phrase day_thursday_short},{xen:phrase day_friday_short},{xen:phrase day_saturday_short}'}",

following_error_occurred: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase following_error_occurred}}",
server_did_not_respond_in_time_try_again: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase server_did_not_respond_in_time_try_again}}",
logging_in: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase logging_in}}",
click_image_show_full_size_version: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase click_image_show_full_size_version}}",
show_hidden_content_by_x: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase show_hidden_content_by_x}}"
});

// Facebook Javascript SDK
XenForo.Facebook.appId = "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.facebookAppId}";
XenForo.Facebook.forceInit = {xen:if $facebookSdk, true, false};
</xen:hook>

</script>

The code here doesn't seem to apply to a tab which is also a dropdown. Do I need to change something additional to make dropdown parents and children open in new windows?

The code here doesn't seem to apply to a tab which is also a dropdown. Do I need to change something additional to make dropdown parents and children open in new windows?

You can use this to affect all links within a tab, including the secondary links (change a.navLink to just a):

Code:
<script>
{
 $('.nodetab1 a').attr('target','_blank');
};
</script>

However, this does not affect secondary links inside of the popup menu. To select on the links in the popup menu requires applying this template change:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-13#post-442932

That will allow you to select on those menu links like this (adding an extra line to cover the popup links):

Code:
<script>
{
 $('.nodetab1 a').attr('target','_blank');
 $('#nodetab1 a').attr('target','_blank');
};
</script>

I already have enabled that function.

Then note the description of that setting:

The target of the link-forum must be a relative location to support tab selection (e.g. members/ or index.php?members/). It uses relative URI matching. This works well in many situations but not always.

Make sure you are using relative links.

Greetings all,

I am looking for a way to regroup two Menu items in One :

index.webp

Phototèque : XFR User Album (photo)
Média : XenMedio (vidéo)

in One Menu item: Médiathèque.

Would look like :

. Médiathèque
. XFR User Album
. XFR User Album menu option 1
. XFR User Album menu option 2
. XenMedio
. XenMedio menu option 1
. XenMedio menu option 2

how do i have to proceed ?

Regards

Greetings all,

I am looking for a way to regroup two Menu items in One :

View attachment 40854

Phototèque : XFR User Album (photo)
Média : XenMedio (vidéo)

in One Menu item: Médiathèque.

Would look like :

. Médiathèque
. XFR User Album
. XFR User Album menu option 1
. XFR User Album menu option 2
. XenMedio
. XenMedio menu option 1
. XenMedio menu option 2

how do i have to proceed ?

Regards

Enable tab selection for link-forums:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=1441

Then you can use link-forums to "pull in" any page under a node tab. This allows you to consolidate multiple unrelated pages under a new node tab.

HI Jake, Thank you for your help,

3) You can use both of these new features together to assign any page to any tab. Enable tab selection for link-forums, create a link-forum to link to the page, and assign that link-forum to a tab ID.

Sorry but i am not very at ease with the feature:

1. Create a new element "Page" named : "Mediathèque"
2. Enable tag selection is ticked in Amin
3. in the "Page" description, where do i find and enter the ID of the Two Elements (XFR User Album and XenMedio)

Thank you

The tab selection uses the relative URI of the page.

Screen shot 2013-03-01 at 3.10.25 AM.webp

Create a link-forum that links to that relative URI of the page in question.

HI Jake, Thank you for your help,

3) You can use both of these new features together to assign any page to any tab. Enable tab selection for link-forums, create a link-forum to link to the page, and assign that link-forum to a tab ID.

Sorry but i am not very at ease with the feature:

1. Create a new element "Page" named : "Mediathèque"
2. Enable tag selection is ticked in Amin
3. in the "Page" description, where do i find and enter the ID of the Two Elements (XFR User Album and XenMedio)

Thank you

This might be more clear:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-8#post-395030

This is an advanced application of the NodesAsTabs addon, but it usually works well. It just gives non-node pages "node representation" via link-forums for the purpose of making new tabs and tab selection.

The tab selection uses the relative URI of the page.

View attachment 40886

Create a link-forum that links to that relative URI of the page in question.

I have Digital Point User Map add-on installed, and wanting to create a submenu entry for it within/under the Forums tab. URL for the User Map is domain.com/usermap

I have the above option (Enable Tab Selection for Link-forums) ticked/selected in /admin.php?options/list/nodesAsTabs.
I have created a Link Forum with i) Title: User Map ii) Link URL: /usermap iii) Assign to Existing Tab: forums

When my Forums tab is active, I do not see a submenu entry for 'User Map'. What have I missed?

I have Digital Point User Map add-on installed, and wanting to create a submenu entry for it within/under the Forums tab. URL for the User Map is domain.com/usermap

I have the above option (Enable Tab Selection for Link-forums) ticked/selected in /admin.php?options/list/nodesAsTabs.
I have created a Link Forum with i) Title: User Map ii) Link URL: /usermap iii) Assign to Existing Tab: forums

When my Forums tab is active, I do not see a submenu entry for 'User Map'. What have I missed?

The link-forum target should be usermap/

The manual tab assignments do not automatically add secondary links to the specified tab. It only controls tab selection. Secondary links must be added manually by editing the navigation template in your case.

Keep getting an e-mail telling me this has been updated....

But no update posted. Site issue or you changing your mind?

Hi, is there an easy way to show different tabs to different user groups? I would like to create a separate menu for guests and then change it for users after they log in. So I would need to create 2 separate menus. Is that possible with this addon? Easy to do?

Top Bottom