Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Is there any way to handle long page titles effectively? Below is a link to my example. Once you open the link, click on the Teams drop down and you'll see once you select an item that the sub navigation only lists 5-6 items because of their long titles.

http://www.mvfctalk.com/index.php

Also, is it by design that once you select a resource under a specific tab that the dropdown will not work again until you're on another tab? If not, how do you make that work so they can simply select another item from the dropdown?

There is no easy solution. You are limited by horizontal space. You can adjust your style to accommodate more links (e.g. increase your forum width). Or you can reorganize the child nodes into more categories so there are fewer links at that level.

There is no easy solution. You are limited by horizontal space. You can adjust your style to accommodate more links (e.g. increase your forum width). Or you can reorganize the child nodes into more categories so there are fewer links at that level.
Is there any way I can just remove the sub navigation links altogether?

There is a Children As Links checkbox when editing the node, but that will also remove them from the popup menu.

What about shortening the names of the nodes?

That may be an option. If I do that, is there a way to hide the title on the actual page so I can use the full names there?

Hide which title where? It's not clear to me.

If I shorten the page names, the titlebar will reflect that.

If anything, I'd love to make a future feature request of having an alternate "short" name for the secondary navigation. I'd be willing to donate $10 to the cause if it's doable.

If I shorten the page names, the titlebar will reflect that.

If anything, I'd love to make a future feature request of having an alternate "short" name for the secondary navigation. I'd be willing to donate $10 to the cause if it's doable.

Oh. Yeah currently this addon only supports alt names for the actual tab, not the secondary links. I will consider it, but I like to keep all relevant settings for a node tab in the parent node.

When you are in redirected login page, the Nodes as tab links from your contact tab don't redirect to external XenForo page if the user is unregistered user and you think you should redirect, I understand.

Redirects should operate the same on any page, whether full page logon or not.

What is the address of your website?

Salud2
Thanks, Salud. My page is currently local, and I'm doing my best to find a work around to this problem. I'll definitely post on here if I figure it out or have to use something other than Nodes as Tabs to accomplish when I'm looking for.

Thanks Jake for this brilliant add-on, and it must have helped many! Do you think you could do something similar to the RM categories? Like make a RM category have its own nav tab?

Thanks Jake for this brilliant add-on, and it must have helped many! Do you think you could do something similar to the RM categories? Like make a RM category have its own nav tab?

Probably not. RM categories are not nodes, and items within a RM category do not share a unique base URL so link-forums can't be used either.

The way to do this would be to create a new addon to extend the RM controller. This can't be done in a generic way, nor does it have anything to do with nodes. It would be a very specific addon to do this. You should post a request for a new addon:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/

Probably not. RM categories are not nodes, and items within a RM category do not share a unique base URL so link-forums can't be used either.

Yes, I understand it is different for RM. The reason I asked is that I thought you might be more than capable of making such add-on as the logic for this is kind of similar to the Nodes as tabs.:)

Yes, I understand it is different for RM. The reason I asked is that I thought you might be more than capable of making such add-on as the logic for this is kind of similar to the Nodes as tabs.:)

I don't usually take on specific addons like this.

The tab itself? Or the secondary links underneath the tab?

For the tab itself you would have to edit the navigation template and manually add the tab (not using this addon):

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-add-a-new-tab-in-the-navbar.7781/

That would allow you to add a target to the anchor tag to open it in a new window. For example:

Rich (BB code):
<a href="LINK" target="_blank">

For the secondary links underneath the tab you can use the Links Template option in this addon to create your own template where you can use HTML to specify link targets.
I wish to do this for my secondary links, to open in a new tab (window). I've found the nat_linkstemplate:

Code:
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
    <xen:if is="{$nodeTab.nat_markread} AND {$visitor.user_id} AND {$selected}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li>
    </xen:if>

<xen:comment>THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF HARD-CODED SECONDARY LINKS</xen:comment>
    <xen:comment>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'url1'}">Text1</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'url2'}">Text2</a></li>
    </xen:comment>

{xen:raw $childLinks}
</ul>
But do not know where to code it.

I wish to do this for my secondary links, to open in a new tab (window). I've found the nat_linkstemplate:

Which secondary links exactly? Are you talking about secondary links of child nodes that were added by the Children As Links option? Or secondary links which you manually added using the Links Template option? For one tab or all tabs?

Which secondary links exactly? Are you talking about secondary links of child nodes that were added by the Children As Links option? Or secondary links which you manually added using the Links Template option? For one tab or all tabs?
As child nodes. Also, is there an option for the parent root tab not go to a certain page rather it show the popup menu when clicked.

Hello Jake
I've made some tests through Tab option but can't find a way to solve my problem :
Sure it is quite simple. Here is what i want to do :

Add a new link "test" in navbar (this is OK, i create a redirection to a forum and link the URL..)
But i want to have dropdown menu which lead to existing page in the forum :

"test"
>page 1
>page 2
>page 3 etc

Do not know how to configure this setup.
I tried several option in page setup (node as tab option) but unsuccessfull.

Any help?

Regards

Hello Jake
I've made some tests through Tab option but can't find a way to solve my problem :
Sure it is quite simple. Here is what i want to do :

Add a new link "test" in navbar (this is OK, i create a redirection to a forum and link the URL..)
But i want to have dropdown menu which lead to existing page in the forum :

"test"
>page 1
>page 2
>page 3 etc

Do not know how to configure this setup.
I tried several option in page setup (node as tab option) but unsuccessfull.

Any help?

Regards

"test" is a forum node? Then edit that forum and enable Display As Tab. Children of that node can be made into secondary links by enabling Children As Links. Both options are inside of the forum node in the Admin CP.

Top Bottom