Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Been trying to install this Addon, but failed at it!!
It keepts telling me that its not a valid XML file... =( is there a way to get around this?

"The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file."

Sorry im really n00by at xen, just recently picked it up... so bare over with me =)

Been trying to install this Addon, but failed at it!!
It keepts telling me that its not a valid XML file... =( is there a way to get around this?

"The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file."

Sorry im really n00by at xen, just recently picked it up... so bare over with me =)

Maybe you are uploading the wrong file. Make sure you unzip the zip file. The XML file is inside of the zip file.

Or there may be a server issue that is causing problems with uploading files. Do you have any other upload problems like avatars and attachments?

If you haven't already, try entering the path (./library/NodesAsTabs/addon-NodesAsTabs.xml) as shown in this picture:

http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/screen-shot-2012-05-02-at-6-51-24-pm-png.29095/

That is an alternative to using the Browse button.

Maybe you are uploading the wrong file. Make sure you unzip the zip file. The XML file is inside of the zip file.

Or there may be a server issue that is causing problems with uploading files. Do you have any other upload problems like avatars and attachments?

If you haven't already, try entering the path (./library/NodesAsTabs/addon-NodesAsTabs.xml) as shown in this picture:

http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/screen-shot-2012-05-02-at-6-51-24-pm-png.29095/

That is an alternative to using the Browse button.

I tried everything.... I ended up with looking at the xml file, and saw it just looks like its encrypted or just messed up badly...
But i found an older version that worked... =) this one http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs.26687/page-3#post-336575

I just tested a fresh download and it works for me. No one else has reported this problem. I can only assume your download got corrupted somehow.

Yeah must have been corrupted or something like that, cause its the first time i ever had issues with installing anything... so i was wondering... oh well... got the 1.1.2b working =)

It would be lovely if i could make you post the xml file for the latest version... just so i could try to copy/paste it =)

Hi, just a quick one.

Is it possible to have child links underneath the "home" main menu tab?

I'm using Xenporta and would like to have the category links under the home tab.

My problem is I cannot see the home in the node tree so I don't know how it could be done.

Hi, just a quick one.

Is it possible to have child links underneath the "home" main menu tab?

I'm using Xenporta and would like to have the category links under the home tab.

My problem is I cannot see the home in the node tree so I don't know how it could be done.

XenPorta is separate. You need to edit the EWRporta_Navtabs template to modify the secondary links under XenPorta's Home tab.

Yeah must have been corrupted or something like that, cause its the first time i ever had issues with installing anything... so i was wondering... oh well... got the 1.1.2b working =)

It would be lovely if i could make you post the xml file for the latest version... just so i could try to copy/paste it =)

The XML and PHP files go together. I suggest simply downloading the latest version again. Maybe use a different computer / browser.

The XML and PHP files go together. I suggest simply downloading the latest version again. Maybe use a different computer / browser.

I already tried that.... many times... and its not only the xml, its every file in the 1.1.2c zip that looks like this " Ký±¥â¤G“X§$¿æ»Ãf»_äò㝗O§n_á+PÎo)Ü{ÎÏ{i‘b˜‘m&{ 6)Ÿ©íGQ¼ÐïJ‘(†U(åN9#¬ "
and its only this addon... the other you made works perfect! oh well... might just be my computer that's messed up.. =)

Hey Jake - great add-on, thank you for your time and effort.

Is there a way to create nested menus using your template? I tried just nesting html code like I normally would, but it did not create a submenu (or folder, if you will). Does XenForo's menu system not support it?

For example:

Menu1
  • Menu2
  • Menu3
    • Menu3.1
    • Menu3.2
  • Menu4

Hey Jake - great add-on, thank you for your time and effort.

Is there a way to create nested menus using your template? I tried just nesting html code like I normally would, but it did not create a submenu (or folder, if you will). Does XenForo's menu system not support it?

For example:

Menu1
  • Menu2
  • Menu3
    • Menu3.1
    • Menu3.2
  • Menu4

Here is one option:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs-with-tab-selection.23295/page-6#post-293965

It's a small file and template modification for this addon which enables depth to the child nodes. It looks like this:

Screen shot 2011-11-25 at 8.55.08 PM.webp

Hi Jack

At the moment I'm working on the German language pack for your add-on and found a little mistake. There are no phraes for First & Last. Is this correct?

Thanks for your support.

Hi Jack

At the moment I'm working on the German language pack for your add-on and found a little mistake. There are no phraes for First & Last. Is this correct?

Thanks for your support.

Those are option labels. They don't use phrases. They are safe to change in the XML file:

Rich (BB code):
1=First
0=Last

The addon only looks at the value (0 or 1) and not the labels, so you can change them.

Thanks for translating this addon. :)

Thanks for your answer. But I try to offer only a language file for translations and not the complete add-on so normaly I don't offer the add-on XML

It is no problem to change

HTML:
  <optiongroups>
    <group group_id="nodesAsTabs" display_order="9999" debug_only="0"/>
    <option option_id="natforceEnd" edit_format="radio" data_type="integer" can_backup="1">
      <default_value>0</default_value>
      <edit_format_params>1=First
0=Last</edit_format_params>
      <sub_options></sub_options>
      <relation group_id="nodesAsTabs" display_order="3"/>
    </option>
    <option option_id="natforceHome" edit_format="radio" data_type="integer" can_backup="1">
      <relation group_id="nodesAsTabs" display_order="1"/>
    </option>
    <option option_id="natforceMiddle" edit_format="radio" data_type="integer" can_backup="1">
      <relation group_id="nodesAsTabs" display_order="2"/>
    </option>
  </optiongroups>

but for all language packs it is much easier to have phrases in the templates :D

Thanks for your answer. But I try to offer only a language file for translations and not the complete add-on so normaly I don't offer the add-on XML

It is no problem to change

but for all language packs it is much easier to have phrases in the templates :D

In that case those options cannot be translated.

I checked some of the default options and they are the same. They don't use phrases.

Hey,

How can i set up a Menu? I want 1 Tab, with several Menus, like this: http://www.valvetime.net/pages/Valve/

Dont know how to do it, i have clicked the Enable Popup Menu + Children As Links, but i dont see a Menu. :(

That is a page node as a tab with several page node children.

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree

Their node tree is setup like this:

Valve (page node, is tab)
- Steam (page node, child of Valve)
- Steamworks (page node, child of Valve)
- Steam Guard (page node, child of Valve)
- Steam Cloud (page node, child of Valve)
- Source Engine (page node, child of Valve)
- Merchandise (page node, child of Valve)

Once you create the nodes in this structure then you edit Valve and make it a tab with child links.

Is there a way to make a link forum link directly to the link URL specified in the node, without resorting to hardcoded template edits? I'm using Nodes as Tabs to link to a wiki, but it seems a bit silly to have the link for the wiki point at "/link-forums/3/" instead of just "/wiki/".

Top Bottom