Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
After reading DP suggestion jake I was wondering whether it would be possible to add a counter of your choice to this add-on. Not sure it's something you may want to add or if it's possible but something I felt would be nice to have.

That is certainly doable if the devs add it to the extraTabs skeleton. I assume you want to count unread threads...

That is certainly doable if the devs add it to the extraTabs skeleton. I assume you want to count unread threads...

Yeah, that would be the plan for a forum I help and admin at which have a number of areas hidden and use the tab for nodes system (resources tab, marketplace tab) which would visually alert us that new posts have been made. Good to know it's doable if xenforo add this in but is this something you would actually consider accommodating if it is added?

Anyway, thanks for the response and excellent add-on Jake.

Good to know it's doable if xenforo add this in but is this something you would actually consider accommodating if it is added?

Yes I will add an unread counter if XF adds support for it. It would be a simple matter.

Note that it would be one of those features that adds an extra query to every page if you enable it.

Just an observation... using both this addon and the 'ad manager' addon and there seems to be a conflict.

Ads using the ad manager - advertisements display fine on one of my forums. Then when I make it a tab, the ads disappear. Remove the forum form the tabs.. and it's back again.

Wondering if this is just me or if anyone else can reproduce this?

Just an observation... using both this addon and the 'ad manager' addon and there seems to be a conflict.

Ads using the ad manager - advertisements display fine on one of my forums. Then when I make it a tab, the ads disappear. Remove the forum form the tabs.. and it's back again.

Wondering if this is just me or if anyone else can reproduce this?

Can you confirm what version of Nodes As Tabs you are running?

And can you post a link to the "ad manager" addon so I can test it?

How does this add-on determine where to place the tabs if using 'middle' as the choice?

I'd love to have total control of the order of all of my navigation bar without template edits, but if this can get me that much closer, I'd love to use it :)

How does this add-on determine where to place the tabs if using 'middle' as the choice?

I'd love to have total control of the order of all of my navigation bar without template edits, but if this can get me that much closer, I'd love to use it :)

You have an ordering option jake really did an excellent job with this add-on. Most useful add-on on xenforo. :)

tab-ordering.webp

Ahh... okay, I think that I'm starting to understand this a bit more now :)

Gotta sit down and read some more to see how to go about the add-on tabs that are 'fighting for position' in the navigation bar :D

If multiple tabs are using the "middle" position then they can "fight for position." If the tabs in the middle position are node tabs (from this addon) then you can control the order of the node tabs amongst themselves by setting the Tab Display Order.

If the tabs are from other addons then there usually isn't a configurable order. In that case you can change the order by editing the execution order of the associated listener (for the addon in question). Note that this kind of change is overwritten when you upgrade the addon in question.

If you have both node tabs and tabs from other addons in the same nav position (e.g. middle) then they can fight for position. The Nodes As Tabs addon only lets you order node tabs amongst themselves, but the order amongst tabs from other addons depends on the execution order of the listeners. That is why I added some configurable options to the Nodes As Tabs addon to allow you to force position of node tabs among other tabs, regardless of the execution order:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/update?update=142

I think i figured it out. I made a link forum and added the url. I then made it not display in node list. I assume this is the best way . Correct me if I am wrong.

hahhha Jake you beat me too it. Thanks again for a great mod. You are making things too easy for me.

Jake - just used your add-on to create a tab for our new chatroom on CycleChat - thanks very much. (y)

Could I make a +1 for the ability to change the TAB name - I have some long forum names that simply don't work as tabs.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I was somewhat scared by the name "nodes" as "Tabs" and concept of this add-on, but when I dove into it everything was very easy! I used it to link to the main site navigation (a link forum) and also to have a direct link to a login page (some mobile users complained that it was hard to find on phones)....

Great add-on. Maybe it needs a better name, but I can't think of one!

Could I make a +1 for the ability to change the TAB name - I have some long forum names that simply don't work as tabs.

This is not a common request, but it has been requested before. Normally I would say just change the name of the node. But I assume you want to have two names? One for the tab and one for the node itself? I will add that to my list for the next update.

This is not a common request, but it has been requested before. Normally I would say just change the name of the node. But I assume you want to have two names? One for the tab and one for the node itself? I will add that to my list for the next update.

Excellent - yes, that's it, for example I have a Rides section where people can post about bike rides and events they are organising and one of the forum names is: CC and Informal Rides & Events (which makes one hell of a TAB ... lol) so it would great to be able to rename the TAB as, simply, Rides. (y)

Excellent - yes, that's it, for example I have a Rides section where people can post about bike rides and events they are organising and one of the forum names is: CC and Informal Rides & Events (which makes one hell of a TAB ... lol) so it would great to be able to rename the TAB as, simply, Rides. (y)

Yeah I can see the issues with length. I have this issue myself with the following example.

Meet the Staff (too long)

I want it condensed to

Meat the Staff

Oh wait, something isn't adding up here... #blondemoment

Jokery aside, a welcomed option to condense tab titles though I've not encountered this issue myself, navbar space is an area i find can be used up quickly so this is definitely a nice option. most useful add-on on xenforo becomes even more useful.

Top Bottom