Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Sorry for the slow reply.. add-ons:
Ad Manager 1.0 Beta 3 - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ad-manager-paid.27985/
Nodes As Tabs 1.1.2b

Ad Manager is a paid app, but I'll send you a Paypal donation to cover the cost if you want.

I got a copy of that addon from the author and was able to confirm the problem. I examined the code and found the cause. It has to do with this issue:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodebreadcrumbs-usage.27504/

I was forced into manipulating the breadcrumbs in the template_post_render event to avoid problems with page criteria and notices. However, the Ad Manager addon just so happens to do criteria checking in the same code event. Technically this is a problem with my addon. Unfortunately I cannot possibly make my breadcrumb changes any later in the execution and so this conflict is unavoidable unless the Ad Manager addon were to change how it places ads.

I am going to call this unfixable. Hopefully XenForo addresses my problem (above link) so I can implement a different solution for the breadcrumbs.

I might be missing stuff,as I haven't read through the thread,but is there a way to do two things:

1) Create sub-page groups. ie. I have Rules,Listings and Applications as seperate tabs. I want to create a group FTA Info > Rules > Listings > Applications as sub pages (like where you see What's New?)

2) Create pages in tabs,but not have them show on the forum index?

I might be missing stuff,as I haven't read through the thread,but is there a way to do two things:

1) Create sub-page groups. ie. I have Rules,Listings and Applications as seperate tabs. I want to create a group FTA Info > Rules > Listings > Applications as sub pages (like where you see What's New?)

2) Create pages in tabs,but not have them show on the forum index?

1) The Children As Links option does that:

Screen shot 2012-04-29 at 6.12.51 PM.webp

2) Disable the Display in the node list option which is a default option for every node:

Screen shot 2012-04-29 at 6.14.04 PM.webp

Then enable the Display As Tab option which is added by this addon:

Screen shot 2012-04-29 at 6.14.47 PM.webp

Is there an option somewhere to cause a tab to open in a new window? Or at a specific size?

That is not supported by the skeleton for extraTabs, but you can do it with javascript:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> page_container_js_body

Add the red code. Change the 1 to the node_id of the tab:

Rich (BB code):
<script>
window.onload = function()
{
	$('.nodetab1 a.navLink').attr('target','_blank');
};
</script>

<script>

<xen:hook name="page_container_js_body">
jQuery.extend(true, XenForo,
{
	visitor: { user_id: {$visitor.user_id} },
	serverTimeInfo:
	{
		now: {$serverTimeInfo.now},
		today: {$serverTimeInfo.today},
		todayDow: {$serverTimeInfo.todayDow}
	},
	_lightBoxUniversal: "{$xenOptions.lightBoxUniversal}",
	_enableOverlays: "@enableOverlays",
	_animationSpeedMultiplier: "@animationSpeedMultiplier",
	_overlayConfig:
	{
		top: "@overlayTop",
		speed: {xen:calc '@overlaySpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'},
		closeSpeed: {xen:calc '@overlayCloseSpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'},
		mask:
		{
			color: "@overlayMaskColor",
			opacity: "@overlayMaskOpacity",
			loadSpeed: {xen:calc '@overlaySpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'},
			closeSpeed: {xen:calc '@overlayCloseSpeed * @animationSpeedMultiplier'}
		}
	},
	_ignoredUsers: {xen:helper json, $visitor.ignoredUsers},
	_loadedScripts: {/*<!--XenForo_Required_Scripts-->*/},
	_cookieConfig: { path: "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.cookieConfig.path}", domain: "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.cookieConfig.domain}", prefix: "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.cookieConfig.prefix}"},
	_csrfToken: "{xen:jsescape $visitor.csrf_token_page}",
	_csrfRefreshUrl: "{xen:jsescape {xen:link login/csrf-token-refresh}}",
	_jsVersion: "{$xenOptions.jsVersion}"
});
jQuery.extend(XenForo.phrases,
{
	cancel: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase cancel}}",

a_moment_ago:    "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase a_moment_ago}}",
	one_minute_ago:  "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase one_minute_ago}}",
	x_minutes_ago:   "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase x_minutes_ago, 'minutes=%minutes%'}}",
	today_at_x:      "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase today_at_x, 'time=%time%'}}",
	yesterday_at_x:  "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase yesterday_at_x, 'time=%time%'}}",
	day_x_at_time_y: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_x_at_time_y, 'day=%day%', 'time=%time%'}}",

day0: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_sunday}}",
	day1: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_monday}}",
	day2: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_tuesday}}",
	day3: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_wednesday}}",
	day4: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_thursday}}",
	day5: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_friday}}",
	day6: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase day_saturday}}",

_months: "{xen:jsescape '{xen:phrase month_1},{xen:phrase month_2},{xen:phrase month_3},{xen:phrase month_4},{xen:phrase month_5},{xen:phrase month_6},{xen:phrase month_7},{xen:phrase month_8},{xen:phrase month_9},{xen:phrase month_10},{xen:phrase month_11},{xen:phrase month_12}'}",
	_daysShort: "{xen:jsescape '{xen:phrase day_sunday_short},{xen:phrase day_monday_short},{xen:phrase day_tuesday_short},{xen:phrase day_wednesday_short},{xen:phrase day_thursday_short},{xen:phrase day_friday_short},{xen:phrase day_saturday_short}'}",

following_error_occurred: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase following_error_occurred}}",
	server_did_not_respond_in_time_try_again: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase server_did_not_respond_in_time_try_again}}",
	logging_in: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase logging_in}}",
	click_image_show_full_size_version: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase click_image_show_full_size_version}}",
	show_hidden_content_by_x: "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase show_hidden_content_by_x}}"
});

// Facebook Javascript SDK
XenForo.Facebook.appId = "{xen:jsescape $xenOptions.facebookAppId}";
XenForo.Facebook.forceInit = {xen:if $facebookSdk, true, false};
</xen:hook>

</script>

That is not supported by the skeleton for extraTabs, but you can do it with javascript

Hmm, that doesn't seem to be working. I'm using a forum link node type as my tab, would that make a difference?

I'm getting the following at the bottom of my forum now:
PHP:
jQuery.extend(true, XenForo, { visitor: { user_id: 1 }, serverTimeInfo: { now: 1335753291, today: 1335740400, todayDow: 1 }, _lightBoxUniversal: "0", _enableOverlays: "1", _animationSpeedMultiplier: "1", _overlayConfig: { top: "10%", speed: 200, closeSpeed: 100, mask: { color: "rgb(0, 0, 0)", opacity: "0.6", loadSpeed: 200, closeSpeed: 100 } }, _ignoredUsers: [], _loadedScripts: {"node_list":true,"node_category":true,"node_forum":true,"sidebar_share_page":true,"wf_default":true,"moderator_bar":true,"panel_scroller":true,"dark_postrating":true,"convess":true,"js\/bdTagMe\/frontend.js?_v=9c4e0d64":true}, _cookieConfig: { path: "/", domain: "", prefix: "xf_"}, _csrfToken: "1,1335753291,67e12df06a40b69302c19a18845648cb9da03ad3", _csrfRefreshUrl: "login/csrf-token-refresh", _jsVersion: "9c4e0d64" }); jQuery.extend(XenForo.phrases, { cancel: "Cancel", a_moment_ago: "A moment ago", one_minute_ago: "1 minute ago", x_minutes_ago: "%minutes% minutes ago", today_at_x: "Today at %time%", yesterday_at_x: "Yesterday at %time%", day_x_at_time_y: "%day% at %time%", day0: "Sunday", day1: "Monday", day2: "Tuesday", day3: "Wednesday", day4: "Thursday", day5: "Friday", day6: "Saturday", _months: "January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November,December", _daysShort: "Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat", following_error_occurred: "The following error occurred", server_did_not_respond_in_time_try_again: "The server did not respond in time. Please try again.", logging_in: "Logging in", click_image_show_full_size_version: "Click this image to show the full-size version.", show_hidden_content_by_x: "Show hidden content by {names}" }); // Facebook Javascript SDK XenForo.Facebook.appId = ""; XenForo.Facebook.forceInit = true;

Edit: Apologies for the REALLY long line of code, that's how it was displayed.

Okay, thanks to Jake's post above I was able to work out exactly how to do this - complete with window sizing and all the other options you'd want to set with popup windows.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> page_container_js_body

Add the red code to the top of the template. Change the 1 to the node_id of the tab and change the options as needed:

Rich (BB code):
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    $('.nodetab1 a.navLink').click(function() {
        window.open($(this).attr('href'),'title', 'width=450, height=135, toolbar=no, status=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no');
        return false;
    });   
});
</script>

I hope this is the correct place for my question as it does relate to making use of this add-on.

What I'm trying to do is create a Staff tab that lists the admins and mods. So, I already know I can Create New Page in the Node Tree, then NOT display in the node list and DO display as Tab.

My question pertains to making the HTML code work.

Here is what I'm doing:

Code:
<html>
<body>
<p>
<b><u>Administrators</b></u><br>
<a href="link to admin1 profile page">Admin1</a><br>
<a href="link to admin2 profile page">Admin2</a><br>
</p>
<b><u>Moderators</b></u><br>
<a href="link to mod1 profile page">Mod1</a><br>
<a href="link to mod2 profile page">Mod2</a><br>
</body>
</html>

The <p> tag doesn't give me the line space between my Admin and Mod listing, what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit/add - if someone could suggest additional code I could add to increase the font size a little, like maybe 150% or so, would appreciate it as well.

I hope this is the correct place for my question as it does relate to making use of this add-on.

Per this resource:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-create-a-page-node.354/

Add the extra div like so:

Code:
<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">

<p>
<b><u>Administrators</b></u><br>
<a href="link to admin1 profile page">Admin1</a><br>
<a href="link to admin2 profile page">Admin2</a><br>
</p>
<b><u>Moderators</b></u><br>
<a href="link to mod1 profile page">Mod1</a><br>
<a href="link to mod2 profile page">Mod2</a><br>

</div>

Now you will get the expected behavior from your code.

Top Bottom