[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs)

[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) [Paid] 2.8.6

No permission to buy ($69.00)
Can you expand on this? What features are missing in the CLI importer?
I don't want to incur data loss.

Well it's not necessarly data loss, but basically it needs some manual work like mapping the usergroups, creating the paid subscriptions, while the web browser importer does it and it's not really straightforward I must admit.
I did the import on a 1M7 board with 77k users with web browser and it worked like a charm, though it took some time as it was on a slow test server...

Nobita's CLI importer only relates to social groups. You can use the web importer for the forum import and then use the CLI groups importer.

Hum then it wasn't clear from Nobita's answer.

Where is that CLI groups importer ?

Hum then it wasn't clear from Nobita's answer.

Where is that CLI groups importer ?
It is do same things. But with CLI you must manual setting in the file. BigBoardExporter.php and BigBoardImporter.php. All the settings I have comment in that file. You might look into it.

I know it is not a bug but it is a real problem.

In "listener.php" you have implemented the following call:

Code:
$containerData['head'] = array_merge($containerData['head'], array(
                'fontAwesome' => '<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.3.0/css/font-awesome.min.css?_v='. $versionString .'" rel="stylesheet">'
            ));

FontAwesome abandons OLD VERSIONS and their access do timeout sometimes – which means every time the forum loads it TIMES OUT infinitely and the page does not load at all, while XF tries to fetch the link that is actually not available...

To avoid that problem in the future PLEASE: Remove that link entirely and paste it into a real Template (no modification please) – so that anyone is able to <xen:comment> it out or change and update the link to the newest version of FontAwesome...

Thanx!

Hi, two issues.. my menu will not expand even though it is set to. Any ideas?

lastly, i tried to make the monster group blocks on the home page smaller by increasing number per row. This had a bad effect of breaking the overlay when mousing over the group. Is there a way to disable the overlay and have the group blocks much smaller? 1/4 size?

Thanks!

Hi, two issues.. my menu will not expand even though it is set to. Any ideas?

lastly, i tried to make the monster group blocks on the home page smaller by increasing number per row. This had a bad effect of breaking the overlay when mousing over the group. Is there a way to disable the overlay and have the group blocks much smaller? 1/4 size?

Thanks!
I have change almost layout in 2.4.7 hope that fix your issues

I just want to be sure i'm getting my permissions straight here --

If I create a new forum specifically for a category, and set permissions so anyone can view it,

but then create a 'secret' group that posts to that specific forum, people who AREN'T members of the secret social group won't be able to see those posts, right?

thanks

I'm also running into a bug with a secret group, i've added a member, and now cannot remove them, it is giving me the message " You cannot remove the owner of a group", even though this member is NOT an owner of the group... hmm...

I just want to be sure i'm getting my permissions straight here --

If I create a new forum specifically for a category, and set permissions so anyone can view it,

but then create a 'secret' group that posts to that specific forum, people who AREN'T members of the secret social group won't be able to see those posts, right?

thanks
I'm also running into a bug with a secret group, i've added a member, and now cannot remove them, it is giving me the message " You cannot remove the owner of a group", even though this member is NOT an owner of the group... hmm...
All fixed in 2.5.0 :)

In 2.4.6 every time someone goes into the groups main page they get auto logged out plus the managed groups tab is not displaying the groups a member currently owns.

Nobita.Kun updated [Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.0 released!

IMPORTANT: You must disable add-on while upgrading to version 2.5.0
After upgrade add-on successfull. Please do the following steps to make sure everything work fine 2.5.0

• Go to group rebuilds and run migrate data from 2.4.6 to 2.5.0
  • Go to each member role defined your role permissions again.
  • Merge any template outdated.
New Features:
  • Allow group owner can create their forums
  • Re-design group layout
  • And much more new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Nobita.Kun Think I'm having memory loss, but i have set this add-on backup and can not get the forums to work, Parent Node shows blank and i can not find the setting to set a forum to use for groups.
Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 21.02.04.webp

Top Bottom