[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs)

[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) [Paid] 2.8.6

No permission to buy ($69.00)
Nobita.Kun updated [Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.3 released!

Bugs:

• Change infnite loading to button click trigger in mobile device to reduce bandwidth
  • Fixed: call to undefined function imageftbbox
  • Fixed wrong counter for browse membership
Features:

• Added group privacy in grid item
  • Drop add extra tabs for rules. Not merge into information tab.
  • Added page display all forums created by groups
  • Added self property for each content: Post, Events.
Templates changed:

Read the rest of this update entry...

If i understand correctly, you should go to your groups, and under forums section. You should see the button create new forum. Note: Only group owner can create forum.
Yes but that area shows a blank parent forum box, you used to have a setting in the admin cp for setting the parent forum for groups, and thats what i can no longer find :s

Yes but that area shows a blank parent forum box, you used to have a setting in the admin cp for setting the parent forum for groups, and thats what i can no longer find :s
Parent forums only available when you social group have some forums. You cannot use another forums which outside of your group

@Nobita.Kun Basically when you used to setup group categories, it used to have a tab for setting the parent forum to use for group forums. That tab is no longer anywhere i can find.
Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 18.38.45.webp

It used to look this this:
Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 10.54.10 AM.webp

Last edited:
Nope. It is drop support in 2.5.x. Because it is too hard for normal people can use
Hi, what are the new instructions for this? I can't find where you're setting the forums from either, with groups already created. Where is the parent now set?

Hi, what are the new instructions for this? I can't find where you're setting the forums from either, with groups already created. Where is the parent now set?
When you are in a group that you are its owner, you can go to forum tab, then create as much forum as you want.
When you create one forum, then you can choose it as parent forum from second time.
(yet we can't create categories node. Just forums are supported)

When you are in a group that you are its owner, you can go to forum tab, then create as much forum as you want.
When you create one forum, then you can choose it as parent forum from second time.
(yet we can't create categories node. Just forums are supported)
But we can not create any forums because the parent forum drop down is blank. And we have no way to set the main parent forum anymore it seems.

So for a new install what is the steps in setting up forum to use for groups.

In new version there is no need (and there is no option) to set a parent node from ACP for forums of groups. See:
2016-03-06_11-37-00.webp
If you don't have this button, then maybe a problem with your installation.

In new version there is no need (and there is no option) to set a parent node from ACP for forums of groups. See:
View attachment 129990
If you don't have this button, then maybe a problem with your installation.
We have that button and when you press it the form asks you to pick a parent node, but the drop down is blank and due to that it will not let you make a forum because you need to pick a parent mode.
Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 21.02.04.webp

But now we got no way to set the parent node because its been removed, if your install is one where you was able to set the parent node before it got removed then the data is still in your database likely and why you're able to set it, but for us with clean installs we can not.

I pointed this out pages ago, @Nobita.Kun said you need to set the parent node, so i asked how because it used to be in the admin cp and i can not find it and then @Nobita.Kun said it's been removed, so how can i set something that's been removed?
Guess i'm gonna have to open up phpmyadmin and set it that way.

No.
See the video I attached. There is no need to set parent node. Its not required.
Just complete other options like display order and notification limit.
That's the part i was missing, i was not ticking the notification limit as normal one of them is auto ticked when making a normal forum via admin cp. Thank you.
@Nobita.Kun should add *required above the fields that are required or at least highlight them when you not entered one.

Top Bottom