Nexus 7 tablet?

It's people's experience with the N7.
We've got two & counting of the 16gb model in the family and so far they have been working out great. They are proving themselves to be perfect little devices for Netflix streaming, ebooks, & games. At the house I am actually using my N7 for checking email & the such more often then my laptop. I just hope they get the 4.2 update to take advantage of the multi-user account capabilities like the N10 will have.

We call them "shooters glasses". And I welcome you to your blinders if you don't think Apple created the smart phone, tablet market that they currently dominate as Samsung, Google and Microsoft try to follow them to get a share of that smartphone and tablet markets.

My next computer will be the Sony Ultrabook 11.6" tablet convertible with Windows 8. Not Apple or Android.

I don't have a dog in this fight, that's why this is so amusing to me. I own Apple and Android devices. I routinely use both, and have developed for both platforms.

Apple didn't invent the smartphone, or tablet computing. They both existed prior to the iPhone and iPad. They took what was already out there and improved on it. I'm not going to argue that point though; an argument can't be won where logic plays no part.

As for market share, again, Apple is not dominating. Android, as of the third quarter of 2012, powers 75% of all smartphones (that's a 91% year-over-year change -- 136.0 million units shipped, compared to 26.9 million iOS units). iOS claims 14%, BlackBerry 4%, Symbian, 2%, and so on. They're not trying to "get a share", they have the lion's share. Android will likely claim a 90% share by the end of 2013. Apple is starting to play follow the leader -- you only need to watch the Apple Mini launch to see this. The way things are shaping, Apple is destined to occupy a tiny corner of the market, though no doubt making big profits. So what will Apple do next? They haven't been good at playing the high-volume, low-profit electronics game, so they'll need another "blockbuster". It'll be interesting to see what that is, or if they can even pull it off.

If anything, this competition is good for consumers and the industry. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing. And, I'll end on that note. This discussion is fairly pointless, and I need to actually do some work.

I don't have a dog in this fight

Me either...like I said...my next device is a Windows 8 tablet/laptop...not Apple or Android.

I do acknowledge the market reality that the iPhone and iPad created and lead the smartphone and tablet markets.

We've got two & counting of the 16gb model in the family and so far they have been working out great. They are proving themselves to be perfect little devices for Netflix streaming, ebooks, & games. At the house I am actually using my N7 for checking email & the such more often then my laptop. I just hope they get the 4.2 update to take advantage of the multi-user account capabilities like the N10 will have.

Older Nexus devices, normally, get an update within a month after the new models go on sale.

OK guys thanks For the reviews I am sending this from my new nexus 7 32gb so far is OK I will post a long review Soon

- Gesture Typing
- Multiple Users (profiles)

Those are the main ones I'm waiting for. Those (above) are the ones being included in 4.2

I got my OTA 4.2 for all 3 of my Nexus devices today (2 GNex's and my N7).

I upgrade mine early this morning to 4.2 and enjoying some of the new features 4.2 brings. Gesture typing, the lock screen widgets is handy too. I haven't tried the new profile feature out yet and haven't really looked at what was added but it's nice to get these early OTA updates.

The upgrade weighed in at 14meg for those that are interested.

My Nexus 7 hasn't able to detect a newer version yet. Apparently it says my system is up to date which is at 4.1.2. Still waiting.. :D

Cool. Can't wait to check my N7 tonight. :)

Funny comment about the iPad Mini.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8618-31747_7-57549090.html?assetTypeId=12&messageId=13235731
A few weeks ago I went back to my Nexus S for a while. I'd imagine it's the same kind of thing where you use something that you know is lower quality and less powerful than a current device since the Mini is all vintage 2009 tech. They should have just re-released the Newton and called it the iPad Heritage, and charged even more for it. The iPad Mini is proof that trendy folks will use really horrible tech and enjoy it. Hipster tech. Apple should make a record player next, or an 8-track player, and include an ironic trucker hat.

Top Bottom