Nexus 7 tablet?

Anyone of you have to charge your tablet for 8 hours from 18% to 100%? :( Since I bought it, it only took 5 or 6 hours to charge from 15%+- which I considered it normal. But recently I noticed the tablet took way too long to charge. So far already 3 times the battery is charging very weirdly. I use the original charger and USB came with the N7. There was once it took 12 hours to charge my N7 in shut down state. I checked the forums around, some people were saying it's hardware issue, some said software. Will it be something to do with wall socket?
I find mine takes forever to charge if I do it via usb/laptop. Plugging it into a socket seems to charge faster.. but I can't use it and charge it because it never seems to get anywhere. But I love my nexus anyway :D

I find mine takes forever to charge if I do it via usb/laptop. Plugging it into a socket seems to charge faster.. but I can't use it and charge it because it never seems to get anywhere. But I love my nexus anyway :D
Speaking of USB, i noticed that when my N7 is charging using wall socket, in the battery settings, you will see something like "20% - charging (USB)" even if I plug into wall socket. I don't know if this is the cause (i.e. more like software bug) or something related that cause it charges like as if it's charging from a USB port. :/ Anyone notice about this USB thingy too when you charge from wall socket?

You're only getting about 0.5A - 0.9A (amps) when you charge via USB (some dedicated charging ports provide 1.5A), which is why it takes so long. The charger that comes with the N7 runs at 5Vdc/2A. Anything below that (which is just about every standard USB charger), and your N7 charge is going to take awhile.

Anyone of you have to charge your tablet for 8 hours from 18% to 100%? :( Since I bought it, it only took 5 or 6 hours to charge from 15%+- which I considered it normal. But recently I noticed the tablet took way too long to charge. So far already 3 times the battery is charging very weirdly. I use the original charger and USB came with the N7. There was once it took 12 hours to charge my N7 in shut down state. I checked the forums around, some people were saying it's hardware issue, some said software. Will it be something to do with wall socket?

It could just be a cable issue. I've had to change mine out, once.

Have you tried using a different USB cable?

I bought Kindle Fire (1st Generation) on eBay (thanks to someone who let me use their paypal account).

I've hacked it to death.... It has the stock "jelly bean" rom on it so I have all the current Android OS, Apps, with Google Play. Not to forget I still have Amazon App Store and Services as well.

I can also record audio and video. :D

The final task which I'm not sure if I'll attempt is to "upgrade" the internal memory and ram. ;)

I bought Kindle Fire (1st Generation) on eBay (thanks to someone who let me use their paypal account).

I've hacked it to death.... It has the stock "jelly bean" rom on it so I have all the current Android OS, Apps, with Google Play. Not to forget I still have Amazon App Store and Services as well.

I can also record audio and video. :D

The final task which I'm not sure if I'll attempt is to "upgrade" the internal memory and ram.

You can record video without a camera?

I don't even think my 1st Gen Kindle Fire has a microphone. (going to go look)

Nope.... no mic, just stereo speakers, on the 1st Gen Kindle Fire

:rolleyes:

I kinda wan a Nexus 7, for $250 you get 32GB which is nice but at the same time im kinda tempted to hold out and see if I should go with the iPad Mini 2 when it's released......

Light browsing, checking emails. I was gonna get a stand for it and keep my social media up and running on it while I worked on my laptop so I can push out updates quickr via the tablet and just work more efficiently. :)

It could just be a cable issue. I've had to change mine out, once.

Have you tried using a different USB cable?
Hey Jason,

Thanks for asking. I haven't tried using other USB cable. Can I use my Nexus 4's cable? Although it's LG's, I supposed any USB with microUSB port is fine right?

How did you get your camera to work?

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx2JPYHT3A42TWN

Official Amazon statement, regarding external camera attachments to record/stream HD
No, at least not according to this post found in another thread: "Official reply from Amazon: At this time, this feature is not available on Kindle fire. You`ll not be able to stream movies to an HDTV using Kindle Fire. We`re regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I`ve let the Kindle team know you`re interested in this feature.".

How did you get your camera to work?

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx2JPYHT3A42TWN

Official Amazon statement, regarding external camera attachments to record/stream HD
No, at least not according to this post found in another thread: "Official reply from Amazon: At this time, this feature is not available on Kindle fire. You`ll not be able to stream movies to an HDTV using Kindle Fire. We`re regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I`ve let the Kindle team know you`re interested in this feature.".
Yes, that's smart..... Depend on the developers website who made this product & who wishes for not to root your device or learn how to get "new life" out of an older model, while trying to push the sale of a newer model. Yes, I'm sure the "official word" has no bias at all.

Please learn to think outside the box before replying, thanks. :)

Here this site may help you better beyond the "official word of Amazon"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1306

If you find that not as useful, I would again suggest this one for your Google.com

I was just curious. I couldn't find any google results (Amazon nor non-Amazon) showing how anybody used a 1st Gen Kindle Fire with an external camera. An external mic, yes, those results are easy to find.

I was just curious. I couldn't find any google results showing how anybody used a 1st Gen Kindle Fire with an external camera. An external mic, yes, those results are easy to find.
Really?

I don't even think my 1st Gen Kindle Fire has a microphone. (going to go look)

Nope.... no mic, just stereo speakers, on the 1st Gen Kindle Fire

You are a never lacking (ending) source to my entertainment. :ROFLMAO:

I'm confused. I don't understand your post.

1st gen kindles don't have a microphone. That is a fact.
I can't find any references to adding external cameras to a 1st gen Kindle Fire. That is a fact.

You suggested to "look outside the box" by "googling" how you added a camera, but I couldn't find anything. All I found is how to add a mic, by using the headphone jack.

I'm genuinely curious of how you got a camera to work.

Top Bottom