Nexus 7 tablet?

May I know if anyone notice the Developer Options is gone after updating to 4.2 (or it was gone during earlier minor updates)? The place where you can adjust the Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, USB Debugging, etc? I am not sure I was wrong, but I do remember I did changed the scales on my N7 before. :confused:

Edit: Ahh.. I found the below statement mentioned in http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html.

On devices running Android 4.2, developer options are hidden by default, helping to create a better experience for users. You can reveal the developer options at any time by tapping 7 times on Settings > About phone > Build number on any compatible Android device.

May I know if anyone notice the Developer Options is gone after updating to 4.2 (or it was gone during earlier minor updates)? The place where you can adjust the Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, USB Debugging, etc? I am not sure I was wrong, but I do remember I did changed the scales on my N7 before. :confused:

Edit: Ahh.. I found the below statement mentioned in http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html.

On devices running Android 4.2, developer options are hidden by default, helping to create a better experience for users. You can reveal the developer options at any time by tapping 7 times on Settings > About phone > Build number on any compatible Android device.
They did this on purpose because people who don't need to access them tend to mess around in settings and derp things up.

UPDATED My other nexus 7, went and purchased the 32 gig model so I was quite surprised i got the 4.2 so early.

Hopefully they'll have the nexus 10 and n4 in stock tried to purchase both but sold out. :(

UPDATED My other nexus 7, went and purchased the 32 gig model so I was quite surprised i got the 4.2 so early.

Hopefully they'll have the nexus 10 and n4 in stock tried to purchase both but sold out. :(
I'd wait on the Nexus 10; chances are it'll get a boost in space like the Nexus 7.

So far I haven't found a need for anything larger than my N7.
Size isn't everything. :)

Me either, I don't even use mobile phones. I'm purchasing it to support google. They've made or rather they are heading in a good direction which deserves supporting and i can only do that by purchasing their products as i do with everything else i support. I'll give my younger brother the n10 the n7 I'm using now is perfect for tweeting and watching youtube docs and the phone will probably be given to my brother as a gift for his birthday since the phone is unlocked (another big thumbsup to google for not locking their devices to one provider) he can throw his sim card into it. I've already given him my old 16gig n7 so he'll have the full range of nexus products. He can finally throw that blackberry away he loves so much. (y)

In short, they deserve and are worth supporting.

Won't be at least 2 years until I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy SIII.
We were evaluating Drupal skins on a Galaxy II and iPad.
The Galaxy rendered the pages so much nicer than the iPad even though the screen was notably smaller.
It looked like the template was designed for a real smartphone. :)

72% of smartphone uses can't be all wrong.

Won't be at least 2 years until I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy SIII.
We were evaluating Drupal skins on a Galaxy II and iPad.
The Galaxy rendered the pages so much nicer than the iPad even though the screen was notably smaller.
It looked like the template was designed for a real smartphone. :)

72% of smartphone uses can't be all wrong.
*waits for the "Androids are just low quality" excuse*

The reason I recommend waiting for the large size increase on the Nexus 10 is that if you play games (Which the 10" is best at) that'll be about 1-2GB per game, and space goes quickly. Especially if you're storing anything but apps on the device.

*waits for the "Androids are just low quality" excuse*

The reason I recommend waiting for the large size increase on the Nexus 10 is that if you play games (Which the 10" is best at) that'll be about 1-2GB per game, and space goes quickly. Especially if you're storing anything but apps on the device.

For gaming i never did like using tablets. I think games for me are best played on the desktop and tablets are a great way of using your apps. For me gaming on tablets is something I probably won't get into.

For gaming i never did like using tablets. I think games for me are best played on the desktop and tablets are a great way of using your apps. For me gaming on tablets is something I probably won't get into.
You'll have to take a look at games that are well made, and made specifically for tablets.

The controls are pretty impressive in the way they've made them work.

You'll have to take a look at games that are well made, and made specifically for tablets.

The controls are pretty impressive in the way they've made them work.

Well I am trying a few games out but nothing thus far is grabbing my attention for more than 5 minutes. I'm sure there's lots of excellent games out there I just haven't found them yet.

Dec is back on the calendar. :)
Wish my Galaxy III would get updated.

To be honest I hadn't noticed the bug. Must be a pain in the backside for other people who own non nexus products that will be waiting for this to be applied to their phones/devices

Well I am trying a few games out but nothing thus far is grabbing my attention for more than 5 minutes. I'm sure there's lots of excellent games out there I just haven't found them yet.
Plants Vs Zombies is worth the $3 and you'll be playing it for hours. Real Football 2013 is also an excellent game if you don't mind the 0.9 GB download.
You might only play this game for an additional 5-15 minutes, but Riptide GP is also a good buy and it's optimized for Tegra 3.

Plants Vs Zombies is worth the $3 and you'll be playing it for hours. Real Football 2013 is also an excellent game if you don't mind the 0.9 GB download.
You might only play this game for an additional 5-15 minutes, but Riptide GP is also a good buy and it's optimized for Tegra 3.

I've prity much given up playing games on the n7 (and it applies to all tablets), Gaming on tablets just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever, I gave it a try and it's not my thing. I'm quite happy listening to music (State of Trance app is brilliant) and watching documentaries via Youtube, tweeting and some light browsing from time to time. It does the job perfectly for me, for which serves it's purpose perfectly.

Thanks for the list anyway.

I didn't notice it until it was pointed out. I didn't even know about the People app.
I too am looking for some games. I'm more of a Tetris guy. I downloaded one from EA which crashes a bit.

By chance, was it Theme Park? I read some hideous reviews about this game on Android. Being that it was a little quirky and a complete ripoff.

Top Bottom