Nexus 7 tablet?

I have relatives who owns iPhone ( by the way I am the only android user :D) and they prefer tango over facetime simply because its is easy to install and use now you can text :) also I get to use it in my desktop so tango wins

or instant conversion of a mac book to a touch-screen tablet (fold back body, etc.)...

Apple will likely be last to do this as it cannibalizes their laptop market and their app market. I suspect the growing market share of the Surface/Ultrabook convertibles is going to force Apple to offer a similar product. Similar to the 7" tablet in response to Nook and Kindle sales.

You do see the irony in your post, right?
Not sure pointing out your personal view being opposite of the market's view, demonstrated by the success of iPhone, iPad and imitators, is "irony".

Sador said:
My problem with tablets is that, while cool, anything you can do with them can be done better with either a laptop, a phone or a desktop computer. They just don't seem to have any real added value for me.
More like history than irony demonstrated by hundreds of millions who do see added value in a one device vs. many.

Not sure pointing out your personal view being opposite of the market's view, demonstrated by the success of iPhone, iPad and imitators, is "irony".

More like history than irony demonstrated by hundreds of millions who do see added value in a one device vs. many.
I know diehard Apple fans who have iPhones, iPads, iPods and undoubtedly will by an iPad mini.
Plural because they buy the latest on the day of release.

Only Apple products I have is my MacPro laptop and monitor.

That being said, I live pretty close to iCAR. :)

But the thread is not about Apple. It's about the N7.
We are not even talking about the N10 or N4 for that matter.
I won't be buying either of them anytime soon.

"People want 1 device, not 3"

"People buy iPhones and iPads etc"

if they buy both a lot, there's still a desire for both, not 1 . ;)

if they buy both a lot, there's still a desire for both, not 1 . ;)
I learned arguing with him (Or even reading his posts) is pretty much useless.

Too many contradictions, you can never know what his view is.

if they buy both a lot, there's still a desire for both, not 1 .

Ah...I see where you got confused. You thought that people who buy iPhones and iPhone imitations to consolidate their three devices, phone, iPod and PDA, also bought other devices. Likely many do, but the marketing success of the iPhone and iPads is device consolidation. It's why we see the Surface and Ultrabook convertibles coming from the other direction. Why laptops killed the desktop market.

iphone, ipad, ipad mini, ipad touch , nook, laptops, desktop, surface, nexus 7", retina display, android....
their common feature is more time away from your family :(

iphone, ipad, ipad mini, ipad touch , nook, laptops, desktop, surface, nexus 7", retina display, android....
their common feature is more time away from your family

As do the flush toilet, refrigerator, bicycle, telephone and electric light.

so u spend more time in the refrigerator than next to you family it explains the toilet part

It's more the combo of the iPad and flush toilet that keeps people from their families...but please...continue with the tired "Glory Days" cliched lament.

I'm a diehard Apple nerd (own iPhones, iPads, iMac) but I broke down and took advantage of the lowered price on the 16gb N7 this week. So far I'd have to say it's the best $200 I've spent on a piece of tech hardware in a long time. Very pleased. I have an HTC Sense work phone and hate that OS...Jelly Bean, on the other hand, is quite a nice OS. I plan on taking a close look at the N10 when it releases.

I'm a diehard Apple nerd (own iPhones, iPads, iMac) but I broke down and took advantage of the lowered price on the 16gb N7 this week. So far I'd have to say it's the best $200 I've spent on a piece of tech hardware in a long time. Very pleased. I have an HTC Sense work phone and hate that OS...Jelly Bean, on the other hand, is quite a nice OS. I plan on taking a close look at the N10 when it releases.
The Nexus 4 is suppose to be very nice as well, and the Samsung Galaxy S 3 is nice, even if it isn't vanilla.

I'm going to start writing up some info about apps and the like (y).

How can you claim to be objective and then go on to say "iPhone, iPad and imitators"? Lol, really? You're showing just as much bias. Apple was not the first company to develop those form factors. They're all incorporating functionality found in their competitor's products. Apple is just as much an imitator as anyone else (Jobs even made remarks to that effect a few times).

That said, back to the actual topic, I love my Nexus 7. It's snappy, lightweight, feels great and is easy to hold. I use it far more heavily than my iPad.

How can you claim to be objective and then go on to say "iPhone, iPad and imitators"?

Dude! Get a grip.

1. Where did I claim to be objective in this exchange of opinions?
2. Nexus and Nexus et al are all iPhone/iPad imitators after Apple created the market.

I thought it was a good topic while it lasted.
So ironic that I was one of those early Apple adopters back in the late 80s.
Now it's the complete opposite.

Oh okay, _dude_. Enjoy those rose-colored glasses.

We call them "shooters glasses". And I welcome you to your blinders if you don't think Apple created the smart phone, tablet market that they currently dominate as Samsung, Google and Microsoft try to follow them to get a share of that smartphone and tablet markets.

My next computer will be the Sony Ultrabook 11.6" tablet convertible with Windows 8. Not Apple or Android.

I know I am late :eek: but I will love to hear from nexus 7 owners about their experience with the device so far. I am planing to get one tomorrow!

A colleague of mine has one and I'm just waiting for the 3G version here in the UK to get one myself. It's a brilliant tablet, I've never had an iPad so can't compare it, but I've no interest in paying more for an Apple tablet now I've had a play on the Nexus. Feels great in the hand, superb size, weight, screen is gorgeous, web browsing is almost as quick as on my Macbook Pro! For the money it's a great bit of kit.

We call them "shooters glasses". And I welcome you to your blinders if you don't think Apple created the smart phone, tablet market that they currently dominate as Samsung, Google and Microsoft try to follow them to get a share of that smartphone and tablet markets.

My next computer will be the Sony Ultrabook 11.6" tablet convertible with Windows 8. Not Apple or Android.
Please. Apple did not invent the smartphone.
Ever hear of a Blackberry? And there where others before that.

The thread is not about smartphones or Apple.
It's people's experience with the N7.

Top Bottom