Nexus 7 tablet?

Hello,

We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We’ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. If you placed your order by July 11, it will ship this week and we’ve upgraded to overnight shipping so it arrives sooner. Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping.
Yeah!

Here is a question for you techies....

If I put this on my boat, will the GPS chip still work? I suspect the answer is yes, but want to know for certain. I know it has a real GPS chip in it.....I may use it for marine charts (The marine charts can be downloaded while you are on wifi, the GPS just keeps track of it from there...

Just got our Nexus 7 and install Navionics - works great...

Just got our Nexus 7 and install Navionics - works great...

Great to hear. :thumbsup:

I pre-ordered mine at the play store 27 june and just this minute got an e-mail saying shipping has been delayed till next week while somebody from the uk ordering 2 days ago got there's shipped. #googleassholesknownothingaboutlogistics

Great to hear. (y)

I pre-ordered mine at the play store 27 june and just this minute got an e-mail saying shipping has been delayed till next week while somebody from the uk ordering 2 days ago got there's shipped. #google*******sknownothingaboutlogistics
In their defense, you're mean and spiteful and you deserve it :p.

I got my Nexus today - I sorta like it, although it's interesting that web browsing only works in portrait mode.
You might have your tablet locked in portrait mode only. IIRC you can pull out the notifications tray and at the top there should be an icon that toggles this option. Or you can search for portrait in the nexus guidebook and it should give you instructions.

You might have your tablet locked in portrait mode only. IIRC you can pull out the notifications tray and at the top there should be an icon that toggles this option. Or you can search for portrait in the nexus guidebook and it should give you instructions.

Ah, I thought I had read about it only being in one mode...must have been another device!
It was under one of the settings...

I really like this tablet! I'm an apple fanboy from 25+ years ago, so you know it has to be polished to impress me. The telnet program, connectbot, is great. In fact, I have not found a single thing that I don't think is "finished". I guess Android has graduated from clunky to cool. Years ago I looked at some devices and they were quite unfinished.

Now I can see why Steve Jobs swore vengeance!

Ah, I thought I had read about it only being in one mode...must have been another device!

I really like this tablet! I'm an apple fanboy from 25+ years ago, so you know it has to be polished to impress me. The telnet program, connectbot, is great. In fact, I have not found a single thing that I don't think is "finished". I guess Android has graduated from clunky to cool. Years ago I looked at some devices and they were quite unfinished.

I love it too... Here is the thing with Android...
The "branded" phones come with so much junk installed, you are left trying to wipe them out and install custom ROMs.
My wife's Droid Charge had 250 megs left of 1GB of internal memory - before anything was ran...

Having an Android device come out of the box - with no junk preinstalled - was fantastic :-)

I don't mind preinstalled junk, but locking it so it can't be uninstalled, that's insane....

And then hopefully the people that are complaining about they're pre-orders not getting shipped quick enough get shipped to the barren mountain regions of Yemen (Africa) never to be heard of again. Win win.
Yemen is in the Arabian Peninsula, not actually Africa. ;)

Anything before Gingerbread wasn't all that impressive, whereas Gingerbread made things much more uniform and added more polish. ICS is probably the biggest change they've made to the whole android platform, and it shows the most polish overall, with Jellybean optimizing interaction and adding great new functionality (Google Now).

I love it too... Here is the thing with Android...
The "branded" phones come with so much junk installed, you are left trying to wipe them out and install custom ROMs.
My wife's Droid Charge had 250 megs left of 1GB of internal memory - before anything was ran...

Having an Android device come out of the box - with no junk preinstalled - was fantastic :)

I don't mind preinstalled junk, but locking it so it can't be uninstalled, that's insane....

Most of the junk that is installed is either added by the Carrier, or are products added by the OEM. Some of it is good (Samsung Galaxy S 3 has a lot of good apps added), but the majority is crap.

Motorola pretty much sucks hands down. I'm hoping they go to vanilla phones with an emphasis on specs and stability as that is what the Enterprise niche will want and that is where they've stated they'll be focusing.

Spent a few days with my N7. I like it a lot. Everything seems so natural.
Only disappointment are that lack of accessories. I'd really like a case for it.
I'm going to look at a Kindle case and have a screen protector on order.

Actually my real disappointment is that I can tether it to my Original Droid.
My Original Droid is rooted and I can tether my laptop and and iPad with no problems.
I was counting on connecting when I did not have access to wifi that way.
Something to do with 4.1. Hopefully someone comes up with something soon.
Certainly not a deal breaker.

Spent a few days with my N7. I like it a lot. Everything seems so natural.
Only disappointment are that lack of accessories. I'd really like a case for it.
I'm going to look at a Kindle case and have a screen protector on order.

Actually my real disappointment is that I can tether it to my Original Droid.
My Original Droid is rooted and I can tether my laptop and and iPad with no problems.
I was counting on connecting when I did not have access to wifi that way.
Something to do with 4.1. Hopefully someone comes up with something soon.
Certainly not a deal breaker.
http://www.focalcase.com/pu-leather...oard-case-for-google-nexus-7-black-p-422.html
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/leather-style-rotating-case-for-google-nexus-7-tan-p35688.htm
http://www.focalcase.com/360-degree...se-for-google-nexus-7-tablet-white-p-366.html
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Those are some of the better ones I've found (InvisibleShield has a lifetime warranty if it scratches or bubbles).

Only negative thing I found so far is that the volume is a bit low.
Still having issues tethering. I can tether via BT with limited success.
Bought a case designed for a Kindle. Not so good.
The power button is difficult to use because the strap that secures the tablet to the case covers it.
It will do for now.

Only negative thing I found so far is that the volume is a bit low.
Still having issues tethering. I can tether via BT with limited success.
Bought a case designed for a Kindle. Not so good.
The power button is difficult to use because the strap that secures the tablet to the case covers it.
It will do for now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SA0NIY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

This is the case I got for my personal one. My dev one is just in a shell but will mostly remain docked on my desk.

I like that one. I may have to order it and find someone who owns a Kindle to give mine away to.
No problem accessing the power and volume controls?

ORDERED. :)
I haven't gotten it yet (should be here on the 2nd or 4th), but I've used them before and there haven't been problems with their products.

This has the smartcover that'll wake or put to sleep your tablet if you close it as well. There was another by i-Blason that looked nice, but I was looking to get free shipping for a few other things I ordered for my new phone (Cheaper to spend $28 than to pay for shipping and everything else).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SA0NIY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

This is the case I got for my personal one. My dev one is just in a shell but will mostly remain docked on my desk.
Just got this one.
I like that it goes on and to sleep automatically.
It's a cool stand but am having a hard time with the pull down drawer.
Should have been 1/16" bigger.

Also picked up the case that Google is selling.
Doesn't seem to offer much protection.
And another case that they say should fit covers the on button.

Top Bottom