Nexus 7 tablet?

iPad is a bit big for me.
I don't follow iPad news but it looks like they are going to make a smaller version.
I think the Nexus 7 found the sweet spot price point.
iPad was too much $$ and restrictive for me.
Kindle Fire seemed restrictive in terms of the OS.

I don't need a tablet.
Hell, I still don't need one. But for the price it's satisfies my want.

I don't follow iPad news but it looks like they are going to make a smaller version.
I think the Nexus 7 found the sweet spot price point.
iPad was too much $$ and restrictive for me.
Kindle Fire seemed restrictive in terms of the OS.

I don't need a tablet.
Hell, I still don't need one. But for the price it's satisfies my want.
I mostly do casual gaming, e-reading, browsing, email and my general day to day stuff on my tablet (And phone).

Combine a table with Tasker and Chameleon, and you're able to automate your general routine which makes the whole experience smoother.

I'm enjoying reading all the people complaining that Gamestop is already selling them while Google Pre-orders have to wait a little longer.
I'll get mine when I get it.
I managed to live this long without a tablet, I'll manage another week or two.
I ordered mine July 7. No email yet.

I'm enjoying reading all the people complaining that Gamestop is already selling them while Google Pre-orders have to wait a little longer.

Exactly. I agreed with you. Since I never had any tablets before, I can wait. haha. But I read what those people were discussing about too. They are so impatient. I ordered since 29 June, but still fine with waiting for it.

Just wonder if those people who got their Nexus 7 from retailers will get the free $25 credits as well?

I also received my email. Tablet will be here on Tuesday. My Raspberry Pi will also arrive on Tuesday, so it will be like geek overdose Tuesday night.:eek:

Russ

I got one of mine last Wednesday (My birthday), and the others I've ordered will be here later this coming week.

The Nexus 7 is by far my favorite 7-inch tablet for now, and only the dock for my Transformer Prime makes that my favorite over all tablet (Till the Infinity comes out anyways).

Yeah It's really quite pathetic the way they're reacting because retailers have shipped before pre-orders (which I myself am waiting on). The first thought that came to mind reading what the folks at XDA-Developers they're waiting for liver transplants not tablets.

Yeah It's really quite pathetic the way they're reacting because retailers have shipped before pre-orders (which I myself am waiting on). The first thought that came to mind reading what the folks at XDA-Developers they're waiting for liver transplants not tablets.
You would think it was XF 1.2 or something. :)
Not the place to ask but...
Will my apps that I paid for on my Droid transfer to the Nexus or do I have to buy them again?
I do hope my Droid hotspot works well with it.

Will my apps that I paid for on my Droid transfer to the Nexus or do I have to buy them again?

TBH I'm not sure. I don't own an android device and the nexus7 will be the first tablet I'll own so unsure how it all works.

Pre-orders do not often mean you get the product before regular retailers, only that you'll be able to for sure have the product and not have to wait in case a place goes out of stock.

Apps are synced from Google Play (As well as anything else purchased through it), so you will have your apps available at any time.

Data doesn't sync, so if there are any apps that do not store data in the cloud, you'll have to either backup manually or configure it after installing on the tablet.

Pre-orders do not often mean you get the product before regular retailers, only that you'll be able to for sure have the product and not have to wait in case a place goes out of stock.
People are pissed because they may have released the product before the street date.
Apps are synced from Google Play (As well as anything else purchased through it), so you will have your apps available at any time.
Data doesn't sync, so if there are any apps that do not store data in the cloud, you'll have to either backup manually or configure it after installing on the tablet.
Thanks. I guess it's all tied to the gmail account on each device?

People are pissed because they may have released the product before the street date.

They're pissed because they're a bunch of selfish, self serving bunch of *******s that hate others getting tablets before themselves. Accounting for the 99% of the worlds population.

They're pissed because they're a bunch of selfish, self serving bunch of *******s that hate others getting tablets before themselves. Accounting for the 99% of the worlds population.
agree.webp

That's how it generally works; the products get shipped to retailers around the same time that it gets shipped to the people who have pre-ordered.

That's how it generally works; the products get shipped to retailers around the same time that it gets shipped to the people who have pre-ordered.

And then hopefully the people that are complaining about they're pre-orders not getting shipped quick enough get shipped to the barren mountain regions of Yemen (Africa) never to be heard of again. Win win.

I got my Nexus today - I sorta like it, although it's interesting that web browsing only works in portrait mode.

Here is a XF -droid related question...maybe I should start another thread?

I was easily able to upload an image from a local pic on the Nexus to XF. But the XF flash uploader also gives the option of uploading from "gallery" which leads to my picassa photos. However, selecting one to upload results in a failure notice of sorts...looks more like an Android failure notice (small overlay) than an XF notice.

Anyone else here upload pics from picassa with android?

Top Bottom