New XenForo Experience ACE - Download Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't quite understand how to get the desired content. I only want Questions and Threads feeds. When I view the Questions feed, it's pulling threads from 'Discussions' nodes. Same also with Threads feed, it's displaying content which are from "Questions' nodes.

Where do I set so that the Questions feed will only get threads from 'Questions' nodes? Or Threads feed will only display threads from "Discussions" nodes?

Also, can Feeds be bought separately or it has to be a bundle with the AC theme?
Question feed should only be showing question-based threads while the Threads feed will show anything that relates to a thread even if it is a question thread. The Question feed will only pull content from forums that are using the question-based forum type.

Currently Feeds is included within the ACE bundle or through our AC resource package :)

On the “create content” button there’s several options listed, are we able to alter those? For example I wish to remove the “ask a question” option at this time and don’t see how without maybe editing some templates.
Gonna tag @Lukas W. as he'll be able to answer this question :)

That was just a last minute change Ian made, small bug. Icons are intended to show in the tab bar and dropdown respectively. For now you could turn icons off for consistency but they will be back.
Thanks for confirming. Very much enjoying the look so far. Hopefully the bug fix will be soon.

One thing that throws me about the UI a bit, is the lack of reply stats at the bottom of the card view (compared to say a fbook feed)

If I'm browsing a feed and I read a post, or even expand it to a long post, once I reach the end of it with would be nice to how many replies there are to the post so I can get a sense of activity and how much more content there is to read associated with that post.

I know there's a reply and view button, but it would be nice to see how many replies down there too. Which, IMO would be the main CTA for the bottom of a card.

View attachment 255598

You could maybe have a View Thread or View OP button, which brings the user to the first post in the thread, as well as a 'View latest post' or 'Go to first unread post', which would be of most interest.

This is one thing that drives me insane about facebook groups in this feed format, that forums can easily resolve. If I see a thread multiple times in my feed over one day or multiple days that gains hundreds of comments,I want to be able to click and jump straight to the latest unread post, not click 10 times to load all the posts and scroll to where I think I read up to, or go straight to the first post. I want to go straight to the latest unread post. They can't really do that because of their threaded comments, but on classic forums you can.

From fbook:

View attachment 255601

It would be even better if it displayed how many unread posts there were in that thread potentially, although I imagine that would be killer to track on big boards.

This addon looks promising already and with this improvements and a bit of polishing can be the most complete feed addon for Xenforo ever developed.

We will implement this as soon as possible when it will be a stable release. And we are testing this already.

This addon looks promising already and with this improvements and a bit of polishing can be the most complete feed addon for Xenforo ever developed.

We will implement this as soon as possible when it will be a stable release. And we are testing this already.
It definitely has potential to change the meter of forum conversation.

Question feed should only be showing question-based threads while the Threads feed will show anything that relates to a thread even if it is a question thread. The Question feed will only pull content from forums that are using the question-based forum type.

Currently Feeds is included within the ACE bundle or through our AC resource package :)
Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to re-install it since the Questions are showing threads from other node types.

Also, are there any plans to have a feed for the other node, i.e. Suggesstions Feed, Discussions Feed, Articles Feed?

And would love to have Feeds addon can be independently bought, not as a bundle :)

The Question feed will only pull content from forums that are using the question-based forum type.
That's not what I am seeing. It looks like it pulls from any forum that allows questions, either question forums or discussion forums with questions enabled. That said, I don't exactly have tons of questions on my site so my view of things may be skewed. But the example in the snip below is definitely in a discussion forum that has questions enabled because that's a thread I created when testing questions. So did you mean "question-based thread type"?

1628339934627.webp

That's not what I am seeing. It looks like it pulls from any forum that allows questions, either question forums or discussion forums with questions enabled. That said, I don't exactly have tons of questions on my site so my view of things may be skewed. But the example in the snip below is definitely in a discussion forum that has questions enabled because that's a thread I created when testing questions. So did you mean "question-based thread type"?

View attachment 255760
Yes - exactly that - so when you went to post a new thread and selected Type as question - then this is working correctly.

Refreshed my dev so I have some more recent content to fiddle with. Generally liking this, though not sure I'll use it in live. Some features, though, are "love to have". Moving Conversations and Alerts into the user panel is a terrific idea, as is the Create button. The style would need some work for my site, but mostly just redoing the colour scheme to something more like our "branding". And I just haven't spent much tinkering to see what I can work out.

I am getting occasional server errors related to an SQL Insert. Stack trace below. I did catch it happening one time when I went to the Feed page and it was set to "Hot". Not sure how relevant that is.

It also is not too fond of Xenporta. I disabled Xenporta but I have a couple outdated template errors requiring manual merges, both on Xenporta-related templates. That said, if I was going to use this, I would probably uninstall Xenporta since the Feed basically gives users a customizable portal where they control the view.

So will keep playing with it to see what else I can do. Might get some of my usual testing team (mods, admins, a couple reliable users) to have a boo as well.

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1690]: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '1628455552 - `wonderca_xenforo_dev`.`xf_thread`.`post_date`' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 8, 2021 at 4:45 PM
Stack trace
            INSERT INTO
                xf_audfeeds_curated_score (thread_id, score)
            SELECT
                thread_id AS thread_id,
                (
                    CAST(reply_count * ? AS SIGNED)
                    + CAST(view_count * ? AS SIGNED)
                    + CAST(vote_score * ? AS SIGNED)
                    + CAST(first_post_reaction_score * ? AS SIGNED)
                )
                / (EXP(0.001 * (1628455552 - post_date) / 60)) AS score
            FROM
                xf_thread
            WHERE
                post_date >= ?
                AND discussion_state = 'visible'
            ORDER BY
                score DESC,
                post_date DESC
            LIMIT
                ?

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1690, '22003')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1690, '22003')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Cron/UpdateCuratedOrder.php(65): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
            IN...', Array)
#4 [internal function]: Audentio\Feeds\Cron\UpdateCuratedOrder::run(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#5 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#9 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

@Mike Creuzer this doesn't seem to be playing nice with Showcase

Code:
ErrorException: Job Audentio\Feeds:Rebuild\LastItemCache: [E_WARNING] Declaration of XenAddons\Showcase\FindNew\ItemComment::filterResults(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection $results) should be compatible with XF\FindNew\AbstractHandler::filterResults(XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection $results) src/addons/XenAddons/Showcase/FindNew/ItemComment.php:134

Code:
ErrorException: Job Audentio\Feeds:Rebuild\LastItemCache: [E_WARNING] Declaration of XenAddons\Showcase\FindNew\ItemComment::filterResults(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection $results) should be compatible with XF\FindNew\AbstractHandler::filterResults(XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection $results) src/addons/XenAddons/Showcase/FindNew/ItemComment.php:134
You are running a very outdated version of Showcase. The change was made immediately after XenForo made that change and informed developers of the change ( XF 2.2 - XF\FindNew\AbstractHandler->filterResults BC break - 2.2 Beta 4)

If you are running XF 2.2, you need to be running the XF 2.2 version of Showcase (SC 3.2.x).

Code:

That's not going to be related to feeds, XenForo changed the signature of that function in 2.2 Beta 4, and the version of Showcase you're running has the old signature on that function. I'm guessing you're running an old version

Reactions: Bob
You are running a very outdated version of Showcase. The change was made immediately after XenForo made that change and informed developers of the change ( XF 2.2 - XF\FindNew\AbstractHandler->filterResults BC break - 2.2 Beta 4)

If you are running XF 2.2, you need to be running the XF 2.2 version of Showcase (SC 3.2.x).
You that man @Bob thanks - i had submitted a license renewal. I’ll get that sorted now. Hopefully will fix my oddity with the layout display too.

cheers!

Reactions: Bob
It also is not too fond of Xenporta. I disabled Xenporta but I have a couple outdated template errors requiring manual merges, both on Xenporta-related templates. That said, if I was going to use this, I would probably uninstall Xenporta since the Feed basically gives users a customizable portal where they control the view.
Just as a note: If you are currently using a XenPorta or something as a homepage, its naturally going to conflict. Feeds is by design a new forum home so to speak, a new index page. So if you have XenPorta in that role it might not work ideally. Could, but idk. It might be possible to setup XenPorta as the guest default feed down the road but idk. Its not ofc using our feed system so it wont be able to be neatly filterable or tabbed or ajax'd or any of that stuff.

There is a way, thats not in the latest package, to set feeds per user group. So if Im a power user I can have forum list, if Im a new member maybe social or Hot for example.

Last edited:
Just as a note: If you are currently using a XenPorta or something as a homepage, its naturally going to conflict. Feeds is by design a new forum home so to speak, a new index page. So if you have XenPorta in that role it might not work ideally. Could, but idk. It might be possible to setup XenPorta as the guest default feed down the road but idk. Its not ofc using our feed system so it wont be able to be neatly filterable or tabbed or ajax'd or any of that stuff.
That's as I expected. I am ultimately looking at this for a new forum home page.

Is there something in the documentation on what is "Hot"? Even using current data, I am not getting anything in "Hot", just "Latest Activity". Then again, "hot" is not how I would describe WC2 right now. :(

That's as I expected. I am ultimately looking at this for a new forum home page.

Is there something in the documentation on what is "Hot"? Even using current data, I am not getting anything in "Hot", just "Latest Activity". Then again, "hot" is not how I would describe WC2 right now. :(
I've been fiddling with this most the weekend as I'm greatly interested in running this on our site too. By any chance did you see the new sections in the AdminCP?
  • AdminCP > Forums > Audentio Feeds > Feed Promotion Rules
  • AdminCP > Groups and Permissions > Usergroup Permissions (Then select what UserGroup you wish to edit) > Thread Feed Permissions

I've tinkered with these two and have been able to get items setup where some content can be promoted automatically while I'm also able to promote threads manually too. I cannot however find more on one certain permission which GREATLY interests me.....

"Purchase feed promotions"

AdminCP > Forums > Audentio Feeds > Feed Promotion Rules
Oo, haven't come across that yet. I am just kind of playing around right now since it's not something I am planning to implement immediately. Need to do a more systematic look at it. Maybe this coming weekend (I am on vac from work after Friday).

Thanks to @Bob - All updated on Showcase. However, now get a new error.

Additionally - Bottom breadcrumb is broken on Showcase with ACUI - Disabled it to fix, but it is broken.

Here is my new error -
Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Job Audentio\Feeds:Rebuild\LastItemCache: Attempted to convert NULL to integer [event_date] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:759

@Mike Creuzer another thing id change is this creation menù:

creation menu.webp

In very large forums with multiple sections this can become a burden to navigate, users should have:
  • A search bar on top
  • A way for collapsing forum areas they don't need (example: Gaming)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom