New User Conversation [Deleted]

@AndyB i've noticed a little bit of a problem that might be related to your plugin. it seems that the spam cleaner thinks my admin account has been logging in from the ip address of spammers due to this plugin. @Brogan pointed me over here since they've gotten similar complaints from other people. the full details are already in this thread here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bizarre-spam-issue.86547

any idea what might be causing this?
Encounter this problem also on my board.

@AndyB i've noticed a little bit of a problem that might be related to your plugin. it seems that the spam cleaner thinks my admin account has been logging in from the ip address of spammers due to this plugin. @Brogan pointed me over here since they've gotten similar complaints from other people. the full details are already in this thread here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bizarre-spam-issue.86547

I've noticed that the member sending the conversation to new users, seemd to be assigned their IP address (sometimes/always? not quite sure yet) is this maybe related?

Same here. Everytime we run the spam cleaner, it also flags one of my mods as a shared IP.
This mod is the sender of new PCs on registration

Due to problems this add-on was creating with spam cleaner, I decided to remove this resource.

I have PM'd you regarding the problem. With threads we basically set isAutomated to prevent the IP from being attached to the thread. It appears the data writer for Conversations does have the base "OPTION_SET_IP_ADDRESS" that threads use for isAutomated. But not the same method to set it. Hopefully you can look at that and figure it out. If not I will get around to it eventually for my own plugins and get back to you.

Those with this installed wishing to fix the IP issue adding this line should prevent any future issues.

in /library/Andy/NewUserConversation/DataWriter/User.php
find:
Code:
$messageDw->set('message', $message);
add this line below it so it looks like:
Code:
$messageDw->setOption(XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage::OPTION_SET_IP_ADDRESS, false);

Those with this installed wishing to fix the IP issue adding this line should prevent any future issues.

in /library/Andy/NewUserConversation/DataWriter/User.php
find:
Code:
add this line below it so it looks like:
Code:
$messageDw->setOption(XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage::OPTION_SET_IP_ADDRESS, false);

Thanks, am trying this now.

Starting the last two days, when the new user replies to my conversation, the conversation does not appear in my inbox. I only know that some of the users are replying because I am getting Tapatalk notifications for the replies. But when I click Tapatalk notification to take me to the conversation, it tells me that the conversation doesn't exist.

These new replies are NOT resulting in a xenforoo email notification since Thursday. I know they are real because the tapatalk notification shows some of their reply text.

I have the New User Conversation option checked to Leave the Conversation, but I've been still getting their replies up until now.

I understand his situation.
The problem he is talking about is when a user reply to this welcome conversation.

Thank you Andy,
His addons are unbelievable... Excellent quality, a HUGE amount available and his support is fantastic.
Thank you for this, will be a massive use for us!

Top Bottom