New User Conversation [Deleted]

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to implement the "Leave Conversation" feature. This will now stop the sent messages from showing up in my inbox! :)

Is there a big difference between this add on by @AndyB or this one - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-new-user-notification-system-nuns.15166/ Also, @AndyB would love to see an addition of sending a conversation for other instances, I had it with Vbulletin and it really help with community interaction :)
ACP Options
1. Send convo to user after 30, 60, 90 days:
"Hello {user} we noticed you haven't posted in awhile, perhaps you can help a member in the community answer a question, give a suggestion, here is a good forum to start in {forum ID}."
2. Send convo to user after 30, 60, 90 days: "Hello {user} we noticed you haven't logged into the mysite.com forums in awhile, please drop by and say hello!"

And a few more, just can't remember them all.

Reactions: Rob
If it's working on the hook I think it is, then yes it will but I'm sure Andyb will confirm.

It would be great if there was a cron that pruned old conversations. This is going to add a ton of conversations that will just get dusty.

Reactions: rdn
I was thinking of adding some forum tips to increase user engagement in the auto e-mail... have any suggestions for the following 1st draft?

"Thank you for registering at my board. We hope you will enjoy the discussions and look forward to your participation.

Here are some tips that'll increase engagement with your posts on the board:

• Update your profile photo with an image - it doesn't have to an image of you if you value your privacy.... but some sort of image that will easily identify you besides the standard default male or female icon. This will allow members to easily identify you and have forum conversations with you.
  • Read post and "Like" posts you enjoy. Reply to threads you enjoy. This will also increase forum engagement with your own threads. Please do not spam multiple posts with replies that are offering a service unless the service is specifically asked for in the original post. People on our boards are extremely spam adverse.
  • ??
  • ??

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me."

I was thinking of adding some forum tips to increase user engagement in the auto e-mail... have any suggestions for the following 1st draft?
Good idea, but a little tip. Keep it as short and concise as possible. People don't want to sit and read though a long message just after they register.

Uninstalled old version replaced with new 1.9 gives error:

Callback Andy_NewUserConversation_Listener::User is invalid (Invalid Method).

Disregard , decided not to use the addon , left this here in case it appears in some one else's case.

Last edited:
I think a clean up tool is really needed. I have 200+ registrations a day and I bet nearly 0 of those people leave the conversation.

Reactions: rdn
Seems to work well but is there a way to automatically parse links, they appear just as text at the moment.

You can use bbcode

I know because it says that under the text box, but are you saying that as a way links to automatically parse? (Like you can with messages in a thread).

Sorry if I'm being think but i thought with bbcode you have to put the code in so the link would not automatically become a clickable link unless you add some code.

Last edited:
Top Bottom