1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New User Conversation [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by AndyB, Sep 25, 2014.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New User Conversation - Sends a Conversation message welcoming a new user to your forum.

Read more about this resource...
    vinafix, jrockers, Veer and 2 others like this.
  2. vishall

vishall Active Member

Does it support {name} in welcome message?
    zastavra likes this.
  3. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Interesting. I suppose its no coincidence Extra just discontinued theirs.
  4. rwm1962

rwm1962 Active Member

I was amazed this wasn't a standard feature.

Nice one Andy!
    AndyB likes this.
  5. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Nice addition Andy, I have been doing the manually for along time, this is a time saver and a must have add on.
    AndyB likes this.
  6. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

It would be awesome if you could add the option to automatically close the welcome conversation because newbies tend to reply there with their "thread" instead of creating a real thread!!

Btw if I understand correctly this add-on will start the conversation only after the member has got his email verified, right?
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    popowich likes this.
  7. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

9. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I have dejavu andyb. I've already got a mod installed that does this. I also have options to automatically leave the convo.
    Mouth likes this.
  10. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Hello @AndyB,

Is this a brand new add-on?

I notice the one I currently use has been deleted - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/new-user-conversation-deleted.49561/ - and just wondered if you'd perhaps taken it over or developed your add-on in response to it being discontinued?

It's an add-on that I believe helps to make new members feel a but more at home and encourages them to start posting and get involved, so if yours does the same thing and is supported I will likely make the switch. (y)

Shaun :D
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  11. CyclingTribe

Thanks for the PM Andy. :D

In short, yes; this add-on was independently developed at the request of another admin specifically to send the conversation after registration has been confirmed. (y)
  12. CyclingTribe

I'd like to +1 this feature request please Andy - would be a welcome addition. (y)
    Rob likes this.
  13. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

If its the one from ExtraLicense that option doesn't work properly in 1.4 if I remember correctly.
  14. CyclingTribe

Interesting to know. I haven't upgraded to 1.4 yet so it might be worth swapping to this add-on before I do. Thanks for the heads-up. (y)
  15. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

CyclingTribe likes this.
  16. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

CyclingTribe likes this.
  17. CyclingTribe

Thanks Andy. (y)
  18. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Andy, just an idea but, surely there is a hook you can tap into when registration confirms. (better than a cron running 250 times a day) ;)
    Chris D and Mirovinger like this.
  19. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

How about those board that disable Email Confirmation? Just accept Registration right away.
    Mirovinger likes this.
  20. zastavra

zastavra Formally Stevez

I'd like also to know the same think.