New User Conversation [Deleted]

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New User Conversation - Sends a Conversation message welcoming a new user to your forum.

Description:

Sends a Conversation message welcoming a new user to your forum.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 85121

Features:
  • Conversation is sent only after a registration is approved.
  • Cron runs every 5 minutes to send out conversations.
  • Message can include any BB Codes.
Installation:
  1. Download newuserconversation_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be...

Read more about this resource...

Nice addition Andy, I have been doing the manually for along time, this is a time saver and a must have add on.

It would be awesome if you could add the option to automatically close the welcome conversation because newbies tend to reply there with their "thread" instead of creating a real thread!!

Btw if I understand correctly this add-on will start the conversation only after the member has got his email verified, right?

Last edited:
I have dejavu andyb. I've already got a mod installed that does this. I also have options to automatically leave the convo.

Hello @AndyB,

Is this a brand new add-on?

I notice the one I currently use has been deleted - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/new-user-conversation-deleted.49561/ - and just wondered if you'd perhaps taken it over or developed your add-on in response to it being discontinued?

It's an add-on that I believe helps to make new members feel a but more at home and encourages them to start posting and get involved, so if yours does the same thing and is supported I will likely make the switch. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom