XF 1.3 New Thread Title Header How??

HeadHodge

Hi,

I spent some time here trying to find out the answer, but no luck. So I'm posting this to ask:

When a user creates a new thread, they can select the new threads Prefix and Title. Right before that I want to add a line that has instructions on which Prefix they should use.

Anyone know how I can do that???

Thanks in Advance
(p.s. I edited the Node for that forum and couldn't really see any way of doing it there. I only want it to show when a New Thread is Created)

You would need to edit the thread_create template and add the message where appropriate (possibly using a conditional to only show in that forum).

Alternatively, you can put something in the forum description, but this will normally appear when viewing the forum/hovering the forum title on the list.

Thanks. I think I know enough to do that.

But yes, it would be for only a number of forums (not all of them). So, if you don't mind, what would be the variable to select on that provides the forums name? I think I remember seeing that one somewhere here, but now I can't find it again.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks got everything working exactly the way I want it!!!(y)

But now I noticed that I need to make a few changes to the Edit Thread pop-up window too. How (or where) do I do that?

Thanks in Advance
HeadHodge

Top Bottom