XF 2.1 How to change "Your thread {title} was moved to a different forum"

ShinLim

Hi everyone, as you may already know, when you move a thread of member to another forum, there's a checkbox "Notify thread starter of this action. Reason:"
After that move action from admin/moderator, a notification will be sent to user, and it said "Your thread {forum name} was moved to a different forum"
That "different forum" is not specific, member didn't know where their thread go, some people know how but some people don't, and I still want to change that
Is anyone could help me with this ?
Thank you.

You can edit the phrase to change the default text but there is no way of making the text automatically include the name of the forum.

But yes you say you get the reason box to tick. If you type in that box then you can mention in that box why it was moved and to which forum it was moved. The user then gets to know.

That's what I do

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 15.43.20.png

Last edited:
But yes you say you get the reason box to tick. If you type in that box then you can mention in that box why it was moved and to which forum it was moved. The user then gets to know.

That's what I do

View attachment 266071
You can edit the phrase to change the default text but there is no way of making the text automatically include the name of the forum.
That's take time, I need it automatic, like "your thread was moved to forum A", not have to type in reason box

That's take time, I need it automatic, like "your thread was moved to forum A", not have to type in reason box
Yes, I can appreciate that, however I think if you want to let them know where it was moved to, it's extremely useful to let them know the reason. It saves time in the long run because they learn about which forums to post in and so save the the problem of repeatedly moving their posts.

Top Bottom