1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 New Thread Title Header How??

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by HeadHodge, May 31, 2014.

1. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Member

Hi,

I spent some time here trying to find out the answer, but no luck. So I'm posting this to ask:

When a user creates a new thread, they can select the new threads Prefix and Title. Right before that I want to add a line that has instructions on which Prefix they should use.

Anyone know how I can do that???

Thanks in Advance
    (p.s. I edited the Node for that forum and couldn't really see any way of doing it there. I only want it to show when a New Thread is Created)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You would need to edit the thread_create template and add the message where appropriate (possibly using a conditional to only show in that forum).

Alternatively, you can put something in the forum description, but this will normally appear when viewing the forum/hovering the forum title on the list.

HeadHodge likes this.
  3. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Member

Thanks. I think I know enough to do that.

But yes, it would be for only a number of forums (not all of them). So, if you don't mind, what would be the variable to select on that provides the forums name? I think I remember seeing that one somewhere here, but now I can't find it again.

Regards

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

HeadHodge likes this.
  5. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Member

THANKS!!!

6. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Member

Hi,

Thanks got everything working exactly the way I want it!!!(y)

But now I noticed that I need to make a few changes to the Edit Thread pop-up window too. How (or where) do I do that?

Thanks in Advance
    HeadHodge

7. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Member

Doah... Is it "thread_edit", maybe???

8. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Member

Hi,

Ok I've found what I'm interested in, but could you clarify something please?

Here is a line from the Thread_Edit template:
    <xen:container var="$searchBar.thread"><xen:include template="search_bar_thread_only" /></xen:container>

I'm not understanding what the difference is between the "container" command and the "set" command. They both look like they create a temp variable.

Also is there anywhere a "complete" list of xen syntax out there?

All I could find is:
    http://xenforo.com/help/html-templates/

I
    n that document it says:
    But if there is a syntax reference guide, I'm not able to find it.

Thanks in advance