XF 1.2 "New Posts" vs "Recent Posts"

Ivar

Hi there,

Over in my forum we are having a discussion on what this means in Xenforo... my users (and me) are used to the phpbb3 "New Topics" and "View Active topics".

I thought I understood the difference, but looking my my installation of Xenforo, I am a bit confused... as are my users:
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/here-we-are-in-the-new-forum.19831/#post-148950

I see it as:
"New posts" are posts that you have not seen (new to you) since your last visit. Post written by you, would not be new to you.. so that is why I think your posts does not show up there.

"Recent posts" is more like "View active topics"... includes all recent post in the forum, including yours.
..but this is not what I see in my Xenforo installation.

Do I need to configure something? Cache?

Any idea would be help full.

Thanks again!
Ivar

The New Posts uses read tracking to determine which threads to show, but doesn't update upon reload of the page. Those results are cached as they are an individual search. If you need new results, you'll have to click the link again to perform a new fetch of posts.

Recent Posts doesn't use read tracking (it is the link provided to guests) to determine what posts to show in the listing. As with New Posts, it requires a click of the link to function and not a simple refresh.

The New Posts uses read tracking to determine which threads to show, but doesn't update upon reload of the page. Those results are cached as they are an individual search. If you need new results, you'll have to click the link again to perform a new fetch of posts.

Recent Posts doesn't use read tracking (it is the link provided to guests) to determine what posts to show in the listing. As with New Posts, it requires a click of the link to function and not a simple refresh.
Thanks that is good information... :-)

Top Bottom