XF 2.2 Stuck unread indicator (no new posts)

TPerry

Just noticed an issue on my site.
I have a category with two nodes below it. On the forum list page, it is indicating unread posts

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 11.45.02 PM.png

But when you go into the category, all are read.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 11.45.11 PM.png

I thought it might be a cache issue, so I restarted nginx, php-fpm and memcached and the issue still remains. I rebuilt all XF caches that could be related and it still shows up as unread (and using the unread node icon in CSS).

I use the following in extra.LESS to give the images for the read/unread nodes.

Code:
.node .node-icon i { display: none; }
.node .node-icon {
background-image: url('images/unread.png');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center;  
}
.node--forum.node--read .node-icon {
background-image: url('images/read.png');
}

Even when disabling that code and using the style default Blackened Pro from @Russ I still see the issue present.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 11.55.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 11.55.16 PM.png

I do use CloudFlare, but even when in Development mode and all cache files purged it still is showing up. I also use this setting for browser cache TTL in CF

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 11.57.42 PM.png

This is not restricted to one computer, but on 3 different ones (1 Linux, 1 Mac and one Windows 10).

It does NOT happen with the default XF style, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be style related, since it is also present in the default Blackened Pro style.

I did not notice this until I purchased and installed the Social Groups add-on from @truonglv and created a new category/node for social groups discussion forums (but I did have active posts i that area at the time). Disabling and even removing that add-on does not resolve the issue. This did not appear to happen until I created a node for use with the Social Groups add-on (category and discussion node).

I have also rebuilt the master data via the /install routine. The issue is present even with all add-ons disabled.
I downloaded the style again from PixelExit, and imported it and over-wrote the default Blackened Pro (which my other styles are a child of) and it also happens on the recently imported Blackened Pro.

EDIT:
It seems now that ANY new category/node I create gets the unread indicator stuck on it.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 12.29.15 AM.png

Last edited:
And this ?
Less:
.node .node-icon i {
    display: none;
}

.node-icon {
}

.node--unread .node-icon {
}

You set an unread.png image for node-icon.

And this ?
Less:
.node .node-icon i {
    display: none;
}

.node-icon {
}

}

You set an unread.png image for node-icon.
Yeah.. think that may have been from a different style that I'm not using. I've been creating so many "test" ones to trouble shoot may have copied out of one of them.

This is the "current" one from the specific style I'm having issues with

Code:
.node .node-icon {
}
}

As you can see, the specificity of the read should over-ride the unread.... not to mention it happens even when that code is removed.

I'm leaning more and more towards it being an issue with the add-on now as how is shown for node creation in the discussion groups on his support page is NOT how it is working on my site as it's dumping any node created there into the system nodes and not in the Group nodes.
So, I've got a sneaky suspicion my tables in my DB may have gotten pranged... and the bad thing is, I just got a lot of traffic last night and if I have to restore, I've lost all of it.

Your CSS code for read/unread nodes is wrong, start there before trying to restore a database.
What then would you suggest over this that works for images and disables the FA icons used?

Code:
.node .node-icon {
}
}

Your CSS code for read/unread nodes is wrong, start there before trying to restore a database.
Thanks for getting my feet pointed in the right direction.

This seems to work fine now (think that other was some old code from back in the 1.x or early 2.0 days that worked.

Code:

}
.node--read .node-icon {
}

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 2.51.31 AM.png

Now I just have to get an issue with my Social Groups add-on resolved in that the nodes are't showing up under the right tab.

Top Bottom