No permission to download
Are you sure they are exactly the same? That means: there are just zeros in the middle and right column for both mods?

Well, the first digit is different, but the middle and right are the same. This is what it looks like:

1. New Posts and Threads
    1. Delete... 7 / 0 / 0
      navigation Add a link for recent content
    2. Delete... 7 / 0 / 0
      navigation Add a link for new content
Sure, you can choose any release if you click on the „Download“ button on the „Your Licenses“ page.

Doh, yeah, I forgot it was a drop-down menu.

@Thomas.B
Okay, apparently it had been longer than I thought since I last upgraded, and the newer template modifications are the problem for me. I can install New Posts & Threads up until version 1.0.2. (must have been the last version I had installed). After that the newer template modifications begin and the addon disappears from the navigation. Just letting you know. If no one else is having this problem, and you can't reproduce it, then I can only assume it's something on my end and I'll just have to figure it out if I ever want to upgrade. I tried disabling every other addon I have to see if it would make a difference but it didn't, so not sure what to try next. Maybe there were some template modifications with the older versions, left over even after an uninstall, interfering with the newer ones? If that's the case, anyone who installed the addon for the first time after 1.0.2 was released wouldn't run into this issue.

Maybe there were some template modifications with the older versions, left over even after an uninstall, interfering with the newer ones? If that's the case, anyone who installed the addon for the first time after 1.0.2 was released wouldn't run into this issue.
I don't think that's the problem. If there actually were any other (left over) navigation mods they should be shown on the Templates Mods list if you filter for „navigation“. Maybe there are some manual changes that were made to the navigation template?

Btw, are you sure that you set the corresponding permissions for the navigation links correctly? These were addad in the 1.1.0 release..

Last edited:
I don't think that's the problem. If there actually were any other (left over) navigation mods they should be shown on the Templates Mods list if you filter for „navigation“. Maybe there are some manual changes that were made to the navigation template?

Btw, are you sure that you set the corresponding permissions for the navigation links correctly? These were addad in the 1.1.0 release..

LoL, after all that, mystery solved. That explains it then. Since I never upgraded past 1.0.2, I never saw that change and it just didn't occur to me that I'd need to set permissions now. Sorry for wasting your time, but at least now if you run into someone with the same issue again you'll know the first thing to recommend to them. (y)

Thanks again.

But you can easily fix this: go to ACP / Appearance / Template Modifications. Copy „find_new_wrapper“ and paste it in the small search box and then remove the check from the corresponding template mod of the „Profile Page“ add-on.
I just wanted to report back and say you were exactly correct! (y)

While your instructions were just about beyond my technical limit/know-how, they were precise and easy to follow. Many Thanxx for helping me to get it to work with the Profile Page add-on installed as well.

I would like to avoid to add another menu item to our menu bar.

Would it be possible to add the "Recent posts" + "Recent Threads" to the "New posts" page as two separate tabs?

So basically (..or whatever configuration people now might prefer for themselves):

-New Threads
-Recent Threads
-Recent Threads and Posts

Great add-on. Thanks!

I would like to avoid to add another menu item to our menu bar.
You can actually disable the „Recent“ navbar link via the corresponding permission..

Would it be possible to add the "Recent posts" + "Recent Threads" to the "New posts" page as two separate tabs?
Do you mean that all six tabs from the add-on should be shown always (depending on the perms) ?

Well, I actually meant a custom add-on for this add-on. But there may also be already an add-on that meets your requirements such as Forum New Posts. It seems that it contains both new posts and threads though.

Well, I actually meant a custom add-on for this add-on. But there may also be already an add-on that meets your requirements such as Forum New Posts. It seems that it contains both new posts and threads though.

IS there a way to reorder the menu? Maybe exclude one?

Mine is like this and the news posts and threads does exactly the same as either the threads, or posts tab?

@Thomas.B
I'm having the same problem I had once before, and which I posted about in this thread, but the last time it was because I accidentally installed New Threads instead of New Posts and Threads. The problem is this:

When you click the New Threads tab you get one page of results, which are all actually new threads:

...find-new/254484/OnlyThreads

but when you click to go to the next page you get:

...find-new/254484/posts?page=2

(should be this: ...find-new/254474/OnlyThreads?mode=recent&recent=2)

Now I'm definitely using New Posts and Threads 1.1.2. I just downloaded another copy from your website. After uninstalling and deleting the addon, I reinstalled with the copy I just downloaded to see if it might make a difference. It didn't. (Not that I thought it would, since I had been using 1.1.2 already.)

I then disabled all other addon's, just so I could say I tried it, but that didn't make a difference.

Here's the template modifications made by the addon, so you can tell me if anything looks off there:

• Delete...2 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts Rename „Recent Posts“ to „Recent Posts & Threads“
    • Delete...2 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts Modify page navigation links
    • Delete...1 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts Remove „Mark Forums Read“ link on the „New Posts“ and „New Threads“ pages
    • Delete...1 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts Activity Bar changes if the tab „New Threads“ is shown
    • Delete...1 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts Rename „New Posts“ to „New Posts & Threads“
    • Delete...1 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts Add „Recent Posts / Threads“ link
    • Delete...1 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts Page Heading adjustments for new / recent threads
    • Delete...1 / 0 / 0
      find_new_posts_none Rename „New Posts“ to „New Posts & Threads“
    • Delete...11 / 0 / 0
      footer You may disable this only if you have an active „branding free“ license for this add-on.
    • Delete...7 / 0 / 0
      navigation Add a link for recent content
    • Delete...7 / 0 / 0
      navigation Add a link for new content
Template modification log shows them all as "OK."

Any ideas? If it's not something you can replicate on your end, I have to assume the problem is on my end.

Thank you

Last edited:
Top Bottom