No permission to download
mvk updated New Posts and Threads with a new update entry:

Three small bugfixes

• the navbar link for recent content now links to the correct target if „friendly URLs“ are deactivated
  • shows the correct page instead of an error if the URL contains an invalid search ID and the new search returned no results. This can happen e.g. if a search engine bot crawls your site.
  • in case of „no results” the correct tab is now always shown as active

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would there ever be the option to separate a forum/category under its own tab?

https://motovlog.com/find-new/708856/posts

I run a site that is aimed at moto vloggers. One of the big issues is that we get vloggers coming into the forum, slapping videos every where etc. One thing I did to combat that was to put post count limits and also stop video posts (in that forum) being shown within new posts etc.

However, to encourage people to post videos (which massively helped the site) was to open up another forum called 'promoted videos' - posts that stood out. The one thing I've noticed is that these posts are cluttering up the new post section, if there was a way to have that sub forum under its own search tab?

I hope that makes sense?

Well, I guess that there is not much demand for such a feature. So currently the chances are not very high that this will be on my regular list for new features. However, if there is actually more interest than I expected, this may change. Could you also please create a thread about this in the suggestions forum?

Is there a generic URL for the search threads etc? For example my site changes part of the URL on every search? I want to add it to the nav bar if I can?

/find-new/717799/posts

Sure, just remove the number (search ID). If you hover over the navbar and tab links you can also see the generic links.

Sure, just remove the number (search ID). If you hover over the navbar and tab links you can also see the generic links.

Thanks - i worked that bit out but sadly I'm using the nodes as tabs/menu link add on thing as it's not looking great - Nothing to do with this add on!

Just a Heads-Up: This add-on is incompatible with @AndyB's Profile Page add-on. While it will install and present the Recent Posts and Threads button as well as the New Posts and Threads button in the navbar, it will not display the lower three individual tabs.

Without AndyB's Profile Page add-on enabled…
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 7.17.23 PM.webp

With AndyB's Profile Page add-on enabled…
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 7.32.45 PM.webp

@jonoathome
Sorry for the delay. This will be fixed shortly.

@adwade
That's because in the „Profile Page“ add-on there is a template mod that simply removes all tabs. I guess @AndyB forgot that there also may be other tabs apart from the XF default tabs.. But you can easily fix this: go to ACP / Appearance / Template Modifications. Copy „find_new_wrapper“ and paste it in the small search box and then remove the check from the corresponding template mod of the „Profile Page“ add-on.

New Posts and Threads has disappeared from my navigation after applying the latest update (1.1.2). Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to just completely uninstalll and reinstall to see if that will fix it.

EDIT: Did a complete uninstall and reinstall and it was still a no-show. Reinstalled v1.1.1 and it's back, so I'll just wait till the next update. ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I could not reproduce that issue @imno007. Could you let me know if the navigation mods look like those on the following image with the 1.1.2 release:

navi-mods.webp

@Thomas.B
I'm only seeing one template modification now:
  1. New Threads
    1. navigation Rename „New Posts“ to „New Posts & Threads“
But I do currently have 1.1.1 installed. Would I need to have 1.1.2 installed to see the modifications in your image?

EDIT: Okay, I went ahead and did a clean install of the addon. I tried upgrading using just the xml file, as you say in the directions, but got a message that it wasn't for the correct addon. Which makes me think that maybe my backup copy was actually a copy of the old addon, New Posts, before it became New Posts & Threads..? It still showed both new posts and new threads, though, so it worked.

Anyway, after deleting New Threads 1.1.1 (deleted the directory from the server too), I installed New Posts & Threads 1.1.2 again. I have the same problem, though, even though I now do see the modifications as shown in your image.

I probably should point out too that I was wrong above when I said I had "reinstalled" 1.1.1. I didn't have 1.1.1 installed before, I had whatever version was before that installed, I guess 1.1.0. When I found the 1.1.1 file (old New Posts?) I assumed it was the last upgrade and I had downloaded it but just never upgraded to it, so that's what I installed after 1.1.2 failed. So... I never did install the upgrade using just the xml, I did it the usual way, overwriting the old files. Sorry if it all sounds very confusing! Maybe something's wrong with the 1.1.2 library files?

Last edited:
I think you installed the wrong add-on ^^ The template mod you pasted is from the predecessor add-on „New Threads“ and not from „New Posts and Threads“...

@Thomas.B
Do you have a copy of 1.1.1 or 1.1.0 I can download? I think that would be the easiest solution for me right now, since I know the last version I had installed worked for me. TIA

I have the same problem, though, even though I now do see the modifications as shown in your image.
Are you sure they are exactly the same? That means: there are just zeros in the middle and right column for both mods?

Btw, you can of course upgrade as usual (by ovewriting all files) from 1.1.1 ot 1.1.2 but it's not required as there wasn't any change in the files...

Do you have a copy of 1.1.1 or 1.1.0 I can download?
Sure, you can choose any release if you click on the „Download“ button on the „Your Licenses“ page.

Top Bottom